is this place fading away?

Surly is moving up in the world. Worth $40k after last month

Overview

surlyhorns.com's thumbnail

Surlyhorns.com is ranked #77,173 in the world according to the one-month Alexa traffic rankings. Surlyhorns.com has the potential to earn $5,553 USD in advertisement revenue per year. If the site was up for sale, it would be worth approximately $38,874 USD.

Surlyhorns.com is rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by StuffGate.

Site Profile

Domain surlyhorns.com
Homepage URL http://www.surlyhorns.com/board/Cached
IP Address 216.145.117.85
(Click on an IP address to find out other websites hosted there)
Title Forums - Surly Horns
Charset utf-8
One-month Alexa Rank #77,173
Annual Revenue $5,553 USD
Estimated Value $38,874 USD
Rating   5.0 out of 5 by StuffGate

21 minutes ago, bernorange said:

Alexa.com rankings are, at best, based upon flawed or incomplete data.  I'm not familiar with stuffgate, but their valuation calculation is clearly FUBAR because the real valuation for this site would be closer to tree fiddy.

It’s owned by Amazon, and it’s rankings are based on people dumb enough to install the Alexa toolbar in their browsers, or website owners dumb enough to give that data up for free. 

On 4/19/2018 at 10:05 AM, Hate said:

Part of the problem is that hugodipshit has almost 1300 posts so far.  If that number was closer to zero, this place would be more popular.

I'm trying to figure out how this Hugo guy posts nothing that is related to or even tangential to UT, yet dominates the board.  Weird.  Can we vote him off if he can't recite from memory the call from Steelers Roll Left? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Amos Moses said:

I'm trying to figure out how this Hugo guy posts nothing that is related to or even tangential to UT, yet dominates the board.  Weird.  Can we vote him off if he can't recite from memory the call from Steelers Roll Left? 

Yet, the no-talent assclown is up on the Leaderboard. That’s an indictment of this entire board. And America. 

21 hours ago, Amos Moses said:

Thanks trump

2 hours ago, Assman said:

I honestly think the Imgur issue is slowing down the activity here.

I agree, but I am beginning to think I must be overreacting based on the fact that apparently very few others (particularly anyone who might be able to do anything about it) seem to give a shit - "just use imageclown instead" or whatever seems to be the party line. 

If I had any technical understanding of what we've done to run afoul of their rules, I'd have appealed our case to them myself, but I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about so I haven't. 

Is there anything more Aggy than caring about someone else’s post count and rep? 

Don’t care about the rep - you can have all your heart desires. Your hyperactivity is mind bottling ... I don’t know what else you have that entertains you but it’s kind of to the point of enough already around here. Surely there are more productive outlets available in your life.

On 4/19/2018 at 7:24 AM, bernorange said:

Alexa.com rankings are, at best, based upon flawed or incomplete data.  I'm not familiar with stuffgate, but their valuation calculation is clearly FUBAR because the real valuation for this site would be closer to tree fiddy.

Yeah, I'm not buying that until I see it in the transcript of a legal proceeding. 

in 2015, the 2nd year of the Strong voobortion, the spring practice thread reached 75 pages on the old site.  For 2017, it reached over a hundred.
This year, we're at 20 something.  Can we have an honest discussion about length?  

I really have no problem with that. I can actually keep up with those threads now. In 2017, I’d bet 80 pages worth of side commentary and idiocy could’ve been deleted.
  • Like 1

On 4/16/2018 at 8:05 AM, woohorn said:

Y'all sound like the drunk student in The West Side Upper deck who is standing up the entire game facing away from the field yelling at the crowd behind him to stand up and yell.

Chill, brahs. This place will come alive once rep is activated.

One should not stand up in the upper deck. If you're the only one standing, you're the problem. If you're the only one sitting, you can't complain about people standing. It's not an individual decision. Next topic: airplane seats - never recline on a commuter flight.

6 hours ago, bschoolprof said:

in 2015, the 2nd year of the Strong voobortion, the spring practice thread reached 75 pages on the old site.  For 2017, it reached over a hundred.

This year, we're at 20 something.  Can we have an honest discussion about length?  

Try changing your posts per page setting. 

When I checked the user panel a minute ago there were 662 assholes online. 

At the old place there were 5 assholes and 100  anons. Every single current post was from Future Man. It's a fucking ghost town full of shit over there. Sure, there are bugs and things to break in and others to fix but the new digs are starting to grow on me. 

On 4/19/2018 at 8:24 AM, bernorange said:

too soon!

11 hours ago, bob in houston said:

I've spent > 10 hours trying to fix the imgur issue. I'll continue to work on it till it works

I accedently deleted the spring thread, so there's about 20 pages that got lost.

I'm trying to do some work every day, but some days it's tough to make time.

Keep doing what you're doing, Bob.  We appreciate the hard work.

• Like 1

On 4/21/2018 at 1:30 PM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Is there anything more Aggy than caring about someone else’s post count and rep? 

Yes: getting booted off an LSU board only to diarrheally assault us. I don’t give an iota of fuck what someone’s rep is. I care that you have so much, because it makes this board look fucking goofy. 

On 4/21/2018 at 2:30 PM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Perhaps you’re right, I should start posting on the Football board more.

Perhaps you should fuck right off. 

On 4/20/2018 at 1:45 PM, Amos Moses said:

You're a real marketplace of ideas.  And who's this "we" voting him off?  Is this Politics board limited to only UT-related concerns? ps are you Longhorngirlie?

• Like 1