I am 6 margaritas in to drinking all 12 of the Taco Cabana $2 margaritas to go

BradInATX

5 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well, at least they aren't the malt liquor margaritas.  Those things will gripe your stomach something fierce.

These are not much better. But I am determined. In the spirit of Independence Day, I will persevere and declare victory.

• Like 1

what is your  margarita's drunk to peeing ratio?
I'm not actually drinking all that sugar water. I'm pouring about 4oz of each margarita into a small beer glass with arbitrary amounts of tequila. Just poured #8, bathroom break #2, 5 airplane bottles gone.

How many drinks in were you before this taco c run?
Um, you know this is the 4th of July, not Cinco de Mayo, right?
Low grade buzz when this decision was made. Starter beer buzz. I'm not the kind of guy that needs to be liquored up to make bad decisions.

Current status is that I'm dialing it back in. #9. Eyes on the prize.

I'm betting on Australian horse racing. They're running backwards and I'm down 8 bucks. 34436f7463602900975b3000742109c8.jpg
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

What harsh truths do you choose to ignore? Is suffering an essential part of the human condition? What do you think existed before the universe came into existence?

The harsh truth I choose to ignore is probably the fact that we're helpless to learn anything about or have any control over #3 or what happens after it ceases to exist.

I don't know if suffering is "essential". I think that having to deal with tough times (legit tough times) is probably good for most people, but I don't know that you need to suffer to get the full experience of a good life. I think you do. But I can also see a scenario where you don't really "suffer" per se, but you understand that life isn't an easy waltz through the park. Isn't that what we try to set up for our kids? A weird razor's edge where we don't want them to suffer but we don't want them to take good times for granted? 

How about you?

But you can ask me tomorrow morning how I feel about suffering. Pretty sure I have diabetes now.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dewey said:

Why 12 margaritas?  One for every day of the week? 

They have 12 flavors

2 hours ago, 6th Street said:

How you feeling today son? 

Not too terrible. First piss of the day felt like battery acid but I recouped with a bloody mary and a few yetis of ice water and I'm back in good form. Just got back from the park with the family. 

Official power rankings.

It's pretty obvious they're all just variants of the regular lime-based mix that they have. Even the Dr. Pepper flavor ended up being just a weird fusion of DP and lime. The standard lime from there is pretty mediocre on its own and most of them were made worse by the different flavors. They were all too sweet for my liking (give me lime juice, Cointreau, tequila and that's it), and a few of them in the bottom two tiers were just way, way too sugary. Basically went as I expected. But I survived. 'Merica.

6375be953fdc48087bbe3358b5af3389.jpg

Edited by BradInATX
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Was this a dine in or drive thru scenario? Both are impressive and perilous. 

Drive through. We caused a ruckus, the whole restaurant was talking about it and cracking up when we pulled up to the window.

On 7/4/2020 at 11:32 PM, Grade of D as in David said:

How many drinks in were you before this taco c run?

Um, you know this is the 4th of July, not Cinco de Mayo, right?

There's nothing more American than taking something from another country, making it shittier by adding more sugar (or salt for savory foods), and pretending you are are cultured and appreciate all ethnicities.

• Like 1

I'd be curious how cheap you'd have to go at Spec's to spend the same amount of money on ingredients for 12 margaritas of your personal recipe.  That's like a standard 750 mL bottle of tequila + half that much orange liqueur + a bottle of shelf stable lime juice from HEB?  What's the go-to cheap tequila for mixed drinks?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

There's nothing more American than taking something from another country, making it shittier by adding more sugar (or salt for savory foods), and pretending you are are cultured and appreciate all ethnicities.

I don't think anyone is under the impression that this is "cultured".

• Like 1

I'd be curious how cheap you'd have to go at Spec's to spend the same amount of money on ingredients for 12 margaritas of your personal recipe.  That's like a standard 750 mL bottle of tequila + half that much orange liqueur + a bottle of shelf stable lime juice from HEB?  What's the go-to cheap tequila for mixed drinks?

You can get Montezuma tequila on sale for like $8/750ml or so I’ve heard.

On 7/4/2020 at 10:45 PM, BradInATX said:

The harsh truth I choose to ignore is probably the fact that we're helpless to learn anything about or have any control over #3 or what happens after it ceases to exist.

I don't know if suffering is "essential". I think that having to deal with tough times (legit tough times) is probably good for most people, but I don't know that you need to suffer to get the full experience of a good life. I think you do. But I can also see a scenario where you don't really "suffer" per se, but you understand that life isn't an easy waltz through the park. Isn't that what we try to set up for our kids? A weird razor's edge where we don't want them to suffer but we don't want them to take good times for granted? 

How about you?

But you can ask me tomorrow morning how I feel about suffering. Pretty sure I have diabetes now.

This passage is remarkably cogent and free from misspellings, grammatical errors, and run-on sentences, so I call BS on the notion that you drank each of those mini bottles.

• Like 2