I am 6 margaritas in to drinking all 12 of the Taco Cabana $2 margaritas to go

BradInATX

32 minutes ago, huge said:

Is Espolon cheap enough for you? That’s what I buy for crowds.

Hell, I don't know.  That's why I asked the question.  It was a thought exercise.

I'm not much of a liquor drinker, I'm almost exclusively beer and a little wine.  When I buy tequila I usually stick to something like Herradura -- isn't it the Honda Accord of tequilas?

I'd be curious how cheap you'd have to go at Spec's to spend the same amount of money on ingredients for 12 margaritas of your personal recipe.  That's like a standard 750 mL bottle of tequila + half that much orange liqueur + a bottle of shelf stable lime juice from HEB?  What's the go-to cheap tequila for mixed drinks?

12 airplane bottles is basically a 750. Looks like the tequila uses (Margaritaville) is about 15 bucks.
Out the door it was $26 from TC. Could you even get that much cheap mix for $11? There was a good 10oz of mix in each cup. Although that was horrific overkill. I was mixing about 4oz of mix to 2/3 airplane bottle and still way too sugary.
It'd probably be about the same price to do yourself, but you wouldn't have 12 glorious terrible flavors to choose from.
  • Like 1

Hell, I don't know.  That's why I asked the question.  It was a thought exercise.
I'm not much of a liquor drinker, I'm almost exclusively beer and a little wine.  When I buy tequila I usually stick to something like Herradura -- isn't it the Honda Accord of tequilas?
Pretty sure it's the CR-V these days

• 2 weeks later...