Every State's least favorite State

Bash Riprock

14 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I'm confused or possibly colorblind. So both Michigan and South Carolina hate Ohio? Wouldn't South Carolina hate North Carolina? Why would Alaska hate Texas?

S Carolina hate for Ohio is football based...  or maybe they have strong feelings about chili.

I am actually pretty stunned Colorado didnt go with Texas vs California.   Maybe things have changed in the last 10 years, but I felt a lot of animosity letting a Coloradan I was from Texas, and I know my grandparents had issues (they bought a place to spend summers in Colorado, winters in Hurst)

I'm confused or possibly colorblind. So both Michigan and South Carolina hate Ohio? Wouldn't South Carolina hate North Carolina? Why would Alaska hate Texas?

I’ve been to Myrtle beach a few times and its 90% Ohio license plates that aren’t SC plates, and we know how popular Ohioans are on here

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

I didn't know this until I spent a week up there but Alaskans really do hate Texas. I experienced way more shit talking there than I do hanging out in Dallas the Friday night before the RRS. 

Maybe it’s an oil thing?

57 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I stayed at a campground near Denali and the hostess was from Mule-fucking-shoe Texas.  Said she hated Texas.  

Was in Irvine in 2006 when we played West Va in the sweet 16. 4 of us walked into a huge bar and were the only Horns there. Got immediately boo’ed by 200 bar patrons; many West Va fans but most were Texas-hating OC types. Fuck that place.

Carry on.

1 hour ago, Sbbruin said:

Maybe it’s an oil thing?

It's the fact that they are actually the biggest state in the the union but nobody ever remembers that.  That said, fuck OU and California...no offense.  Like you said California would be great if it weren't for all the Californians.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUS-97HORN said:

I am actually pretty stunned Colorado didnt go with Texas vs California.   Maybe things have changed in the last 10 years, but I felt a lot of animosity letting a Coloradan I was from Texas, and I know my grandparents had issues (they bought a place to spend summers in Colorado, winters in Hurst)

A metric fuckton of Californians have in to Colorado over the past 10 years. They're definitely hated more. Us Texans are easily second though (wife is a native Coloradoan).

2 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

In the late 00s I saw a bumper sticker in Colorado Springs that said something like “God, I’ll stop complaining about the Texans.  Just stop sending the Californians.” 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hate said:

It's the fact that they are actually the biggest state in the the union but nobody ever remembers that.  That said, fuck OU and California...no offense.  Like you said California would be great if it weren't for all the Californians.

I hate Californians (my many friends excluded).  But I love California.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mdmost said:

Have you ever been to Ohio?  It sucks.  Not sure why SC would hate Ohio for CFB.  They've never lost to us.  Perhaps they're still chapped about our coach punching their LB?  That was 1978, Guys.  Let it go.

1 hour ago, Schulz2.0 said:

A metric fuckton of Californians have in to Colorado over the past 10 years. They're definitely hated more. Us Texans are easily second though (wife is a native Coloradoan).

People in Denver/Boulder hate both, but Texas more. People in the rest of Colorado hate California. 

You could guess why

2 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:
9 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:
i4rc4302rrd41.png
Lulz Arkansas and Oklahoma hate us and love us. Almost the whole SEC loves Flawda. 
And we love Louisiana. I'm partial to it myself but I'd probably say Colorado. 

Arkansas hates Alabama.

That's newfangled hate. I guarantee you everybody over 40 would say Texas without skipping a beat. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bash Riprock said:
1 hour ago, MaybeACoordinator said:
i4rc4302rrd41.png
Lulz Arkansas and Oklahoma hate us and love us. Almost the whole SEC loves Flawda. 
And we love Louisiana. I'm partial to it myself but I'd probably say Colorado. 

Arkansas hates Alabama.

Wisconsin's favorite state is Minnesota? There's zero chance

Iowa hating Nebraska (and vice versa) is spot on accurate.

Iowa liking Minnesota?  No fucking way.  Anecdotally, it would be Wisconsin or Colorado long before Minnesota.  It's like a northern version of Texas, except the people pretend to be all "aw shucks jeez dontcha know" instead of owning their arrogance outright.

Edited by Al_4_ISU

26 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Iowa hating Nebraska (and vice versa) is spot on accurate.

Iowa liking Minnesota?  No fucking way.  Anecdotally, it would be Wisconsin or Colorado long before Minnesota.  It's like a northern version of Texas, except the people pretend to be all "aw shucks jeez dontcha know" instead of owning their arrogance outright.

States that I do like: Colorado, New Mexico, Louisiana.

States that I do not like: Oklahoma, New Jersey, Mississippi.

I've never been to Iowa and am therefore agnostic about the concept, but you seem cool.

• Like 1