University of Texas Football Books?

NoName

looking for  book recs for Texas Football (or UT generally) recommendations - both for myself and for my Dad who has read a bunch of them already, hence the larger University of Texas request.

can be from any era - not looking for one in particular.

Edited by NoName

• 1 month later...

This is more of an illustrated encyclopedia, but it has some decent write ups and a collection of some of the most iconic images in Longhorn history

spacer.png

Unless you're into sophomoric, schmaltzy drivel, spare yourself Courage Beyond the Game.  Look, I like the Freddie Steinmark story as much as the next Longhorn, but Jim Dent can't write for shit.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, South Austin said:

Yeah, Rose Bowl Dreams was pretty good.  Adam Jones lives in Northwest Hills and I saw him speak at church group several years ago.  Really nice guy and a great speaker.

Where do you go to church? 

And pretty good is a good descriptor. The last time I read it I told him it has his moments but a lot of it is just okay. Wish he'd get back to writing. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, South Austin said:

Yeah, Rose Bowl Dreams was pretty good.  Adam Jones lives in Northwest Hills and I saw him speak at church group several years ago.  Really nice guy and a great speaker.

Yea I've known Adam and his family for long time. Great folks. 

• Hook 'Em 1