Charlie Daniels has died

Gil Bang

1 minute ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

He was a great musician. He was also a cool dude before he got old people's disease from Fox News.  Million Mile Reflections is a great song.

This.  Although, he's not the first guy to run a little wild in their youth, then grow up and say, "Don't do that!"  

I always loved the combo of him and his guitarist, Tommy Crane.  Charlie's stretch between 74 and 79....he put out 6 fantastic records, starting with Fire On The Mountain and ending with Million Mile Reflection was a great run.    Like on the song Passing Lane from 1979, they were more in line, guitar wise, with Molly Hatchet with an  Hammond B3.    

Trudy is such a fun song.  

LOVED the music part of this song.

Edited by hullabelew

Can’t You See?

One of my all time favs and still relevant today.

Classic Southern Rock with some Blues and Progressive Country ( a flute? Wtf does that?) thrown in for good measure.

Listened to it the night before I got the news.

51 minutes ago, TxTower said:

Can’t You See?

One of my all time favs and still relevant today.

Classic Southern Rock with some Blues and Progressive Country ( a flute? Wtf does that?) thrown in for good measure.

Listened to it the night before I got the news.

Charlie covered it, but The Marshall Tucker Band wrote it (Toy Caldwell), and in my opinion, did a far better version.  The flute you're referring to is on the MTB version.  Charlie's version is pretty stiff.

• Like 2