Kid who stole Guy Fieri's Lambo given life

ajax

For attempted murder, not just for the Lambo.

But check out this kid. He was 16 years old, he rappelled into the dealership to steal Fieri's car. He perpetrated a drive-by shooting on the dude that was dating the girl he liked, and he had plans to do a takeover style robbery of a jewelry shop by setting off a decoy explosion at Macy's next door, having accomplices rush in to the jewelry store disguised as cops, and then his getaway vehicle was a helicopter. He had the helicopter scoped out and everything.

16 years old.

SAN RAFAEL, Calif. (KGO) -- Thursday afternoon, Marin County teenager Max Wade will be sentenced after a jury trial for stealing celebrity chef Guy Fieri's Lamborghini and for attempted murder in an unrelated drive-by shooting. But, the ABC7 News I-Team has learned of an even bigger crime Wade planned.

Prosecutors will raise this new scheme -- a takeover robbery of a famed San Francisco jewelry store -- as another reason why Wade should receive a stiff sentence. The best case scenario Wade faces is 20-years to life with the possibility of parole.

When he was 16-years-old, Max Wade rappelled into a San Francisco dealership and stole celebrity chef Guy Fieri's Lamborghini.

A year later he pulled off a drive-by shooting in Mill Valley, trying to scare off the teen who was dating a girl he liked.

"It's amazing, he's obviously very intelligent and some of his stuff was definitely the work of a very sophisticated criminal," said Greg Garrett, lead detective on the Wade case.

For the first time, Garrett tells the I-Team about a 30-page dossier Wade compiled -- plans for a takeover robbery of Shreve and Co. Jewelers in San Francisco's Union Square.

Noyes: "How elaborate were the plans?"

Garrett: "Well, he had photographs of many of the employees. He had their names, some biographical information on some of the employees."

Wade also had a picture of the Shreve alarm box and a long equipment list -- gun belts, radios, an AK-47, and San Francisco police uniforms -- some of it was found in a Richmond storage locker when he was arrested.

The dossier says Wade planned to set off a diversion at nearby Macy's -- a small bomb or smoke device.

"And then have two people go into Shreve's dressed as police officers," Garrett said. "And he had two Hollywood-style, very expensive masks, rubber masks and do a takeover robbery and then flee via the roof."

Garrett says Wade planned to pick up his two accomplices by helicopter; that he inquired about flying lessons and had a nighttime photo of the Shreve roof in the dossier.

Noyes: "Did he actually identify a helicopter?"

Garrett: "He did have a tail number of a helicopter that we located on the peninsula that is actually a Robinson 44 helicopter."

The chopper was at San Carlos Airport. The model is just big enough to handle four people.

Dan wanted to ask Wade's attorney about the Shreve allegations, but he declined to be interviewed before Thursday's sentencing.

Robert Bryan, a longtime criminal defense attorney, wonders, "Does this kid live in the movie theater, is he living in a fantasy world? What's amazing is he pulled some of it off."

https://abc7news.com/marin-county-max-wade-chef-guy-fieri-lamborghini/22518/

22519_kgo-max-wade-court-012214-1280.jpg

......forget it Max. Its Flavortown.

Rappelling to steal an exotic car.....holding up a jewelry store in Union Square complete with creating a diversion, masks and stolen uniforms and getting away via helicopter....

Kids been watching too many movies. I blame the Oceans 11 franchise.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CDAK said:

No one is dead and the guy is getting life for crimes committed when 16 years old. That's crazy and depressing. Give him 10 years, shit even 20 years. He doesn't need to die in prison.

Same thoughts.

Life without parole is unconstitutional for crimes committed under the age of 18, so there's that.

I'm almost always troubled when I see a juvenile tried in adult court for less than multiple murders, and sometimes even then.  But some of that is going to depend on the state and how their juvenile system works.

But even considering he is eligible for parole, this sounds like severe overkill to me.

9 hours ago, CDAK said:

No one is dead and the guy is getting life for crimes committed when 16 years old. That's crazy and depressing. Give him 10 years, shit even 20 years. He doesn't need to die in prison.

He won't, if he survives prison anyway.  He'll be paroled if he's acts right.

Still an insanely tough sentence for a 16 year old who didn't physically harm anyone.

Edited by Samson's Wig

9 hours ago, CDAK said:

Pretty sure no one gaf about the Lambo or jewelry. But hiring a drive by over a girl, fuck this guy. 

On 7/6/2020 at 6:25 PM, ajax said:

For attempted murder, not just for the Lambo.

But check out this kid. He was 16 years old, he rappelled into the dealership to steal Fieri's car. He perpetrated a drive-by shooting on the dude that was dating the girl he liked, and he had plans to do a takeover style robbery of a jewelry shop by setting off a decoy explosion at Macy's next door, having accomplices rush in to the jewelry store disguised as cops, and then his getaway vehicle was a helicopter. He had the helicopter scoped out and everything.

16 years old.

https://abc7news.com/marin-county-max-wade-chef-guy-fieri-lamborghini/22518/

22519_kgo-max-wade-court-012214-1280.jpg

Boy, I ran with Anton Chigurh.  I knew Anton Chigurh.  Anton Chigurh was a friend of mine. And you, sir, are no Anton Chigurh.

0usi5moay6a21.png 

Edited by Cajun

33 minutes ago, HornsOverIthaca said:

Isn’t he the kind of person the government would claim was killed in prison, but they actually brainwashed and reconditioned him to be a part of some kind of suicide squad?

That only happens to female drug addicts who happen to look like supermodels.