Bay Area father shot and killed during Sierra trip with son, who spent 30 hours hiding in wilderness

crash_davis

What a fucked up story. There's no death to painfully slow for this motherfucker. Mother is going through chemo. 

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Bay-Area-father-shot-Sierra-trip-son-Downieville-15390090.php

A doctor from Danville was shot to death by an unidentified gunman during a trip to Sierra County with his 15-year-old son over the weekend.

According to a fundraising page set up for the family, 45-year-old, Ari Gershman, a pulmonary doctor, was off-roading in a new four-wheel drive Jeep with his son Jack near Downieville when a gunman opened fire. The gunman killed Gershman, but his son escaped and called police. The fundraising page says the son hid for over 30 hours in the Tahoe National Forest before a search team found him.

Deputies stated the gunman is believed to have shot two other people in the area on Friday. The two unidentified victims were taken to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries. After the victims were taken to the hospital the sheriff's office received the call from the boy informing them of the shooting of his father and his getting lost during the escape.

The suspect's identity was not released, and the sheriff's office stated it anticipated releasing more information "in the coming days."

Ari Gershman leaves behind his wife Paige, who is "in the fight of her life right now undergoing Chemo treatments for Cancer," and their three children, according to the family's fundraising page. The page has raised over $109,000 as of Monday night.

from reddit.

5 points·2 hours ago

My buddy was one of the campers. They were telling us about how it went down a couple days ago.

He really only went to one camp, which was the first guy who got shot and came over to our camp The shooter then started to flee, came across the man in the jeep at a V in the road (red jeep was on the road that led down to my cousin’s camp). Jeep guy was going to ask for directions and the shooter shot him dead. Then kept going up the hill where he shot my aunt, who was walking down the road away from her camp.

That poor kid, I just can't imagine being a teen hiding for hours after your father was shot and killed needlessly.