Time to Peace Out (Relocate Overseas)?

Ghost of LL

1 hour ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Damn. That is one of my favorite cities. If I lived there the Grasovka Bison Grass would kill me though.

Great town, did some work at the Chekowicz refinery (built by Rockefeller)and then hung in Krakow for a bit. Another place where divorce is likely.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Yes and it was horrible.  For some reason they were both naked.

So you saw LL and Tom Cruise in the closet making babies and one of the babies looked at you? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Guest Lobo
7 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Getting his clothes.  Why do you go into the closet?   

To get my clothes.  

don’t be ridiculous.  His clothes would never fit you.  

17 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

Yeah--I think that's a fair suggestion.

I'm also thinking about the New York option, as they seem to have the thing much better in hand.

Yeah, all the olds are dead, so not much to worry about in the nursing homes.

Guest Lobo

Well yeah, but what my screenplay presupposes is what if we shot the whole novel from the perspective of the Whale?  Lot of people said it couldn't be done.  Lot of people are saying it's the best approach to national leadership in the time of re-election.  Still others have no idea what the fuck we're talking about.  Mamet.  Bitches.  Read Him.  Grow as a person during Covid-19 instead of shrinking intellectually.  

1 hour ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Well, overseas tourists cannot get in, for the most part.  And other states all have to quarantine.

The Met is supposed to open end of August.  

There should be plenty of short term rentals.  Also, school is going to be mostly remote.

People from states listed in the travel advisory are required to self quarantine, but it is nearly impossible to enforce.  It won't be followed by hardly anyone except considerate people who were unlikely to have it anyway.

7 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

They lived in an interior city called Boquete that was at 3,200 ft some not nearly as humid.  But like an hour from the coast, so they traveled there frequently.

great town. investigated it actually. only real drawback I found was the wind. like lots of wind. place is eternal spring and beautiful but man if you has allergies no bueno.

panama city is awesome. but yes its humid AF. 

• Like 1

I live in the SA area of Texas and the wife is set on Lake Tahoe for future residential purposes. She’s only been there twice, during the summer months, coming from Texas. In the military, I circled the globe many times in the late 80s-early 90s!

I’ve mentioned South America many times, but I digress. Not “sweating” during JULY does offer something.

If we have to move to Tahoe, it’ll be the Nevada side, because I love my guns too much!

2 hours ago, msucolt45 said:

I live in the SA area of Texas and the wife is set on Lake Tahoe for future residential purposes. She’s only been there twice, during the summer months, coming from Texas. In the military, I circled the globe many times in the late 80s-early 90s!

I’ve mentioned South America many times, but I digress. Not “sweating” during JULY does offer something.

If we have to move to Tahoe, it’ll be the Nevada side, because I love my guns too much!

State income tax as well.

3 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

If I could get Swiss citizenship I sure as fuck would do so. As an end of the world, book a one way ticket and hold on thing if nothing else. However, the skiing is awesome, the scenery amazing and the chicks are wild. In a quiet hidden gold kinda way.

I see Boquette came up. Fucking love that place, a lot. Ruiz coffee might just have the best bean anywhere on the planet. Not easy to get to, bit of a hike from David. Though I'd consider a place there at least part time. Bocus Del Toro has a flight from PC. Were I buying on an island I'd consider that place. 

Edit - As to the humidity, when something makes Orlando ShitHole Florida see not so bad.. well.. it's turrible. I do like PC though.  Not to live but enjoyed my visits.

You can't even apply for Swiss citizenship until you have lived there for 12 years. He will die of old age by then.

CHIEF

6 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

If I could get Swiss citizenship I sure as fuck would do so. As an end of the world, book a one way ticket and hold on thing if nothing else. However, the skiing is awesome, the scenery amazing and the chicks are wild. In a quiet hidden gold kinda way.

I see Boquette came up. Fucking love that place, a lot. Ruiz coffee might just have the best bean anywhere on the planet. Not easy to get to, bit of a hike from David. Though I'd consider a place there at least part time. Bocus Del Toro has a flight from PC. Were I buying on an island I'd consider that place. 

Edit - As to the humidity, when something makes Orlando ShitHole Florida see not so bad.. well.. it's turrible. I do like PC though.  Not to live but enjoyed my visits.

Barry_Switzer.jpg

barry agrees

• Haha 1

So, when are the bags packed and where are you moving?  There seems like a lot of dithering here. My wife and I decided to

go all in within 5 minutes of me bringing up the idea, and by that afternoon we were looking at things and had purchased something completely Different than what we originally thought we were going to within 72 hours. This is clearly how reasonable adults responsible for a family of 5 operate- what’s the status of where you are at with this thing? 
If you don’t get moving quickly Covid is going to be done by the time you are ready to get out of the starting gate. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

People from states listed in the travel advisory are required to self quarantine, but it is nearly impossible to enforce.  It won't be followed by hardly anyone except considerate people who were unlikely to have it anyway.

Where are people going to stay?  Hotels still are not really opened.  And I would think that if someone from Texas checks into a hotel, that is an easy way to quarantine them.  People just need to stay the fuck away from NYC at this point.

2 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

So, when are the bags packed and where are you moving?  There seems like a lot of dithering here. My wife and I decided to

go all in within 5 minutes of me bringing up the idea, and by that afternoon we were looking at things and had purchased something completely Different than what we originally thought we were going to within 72 hours. This is clearly how reasonable adults responsible for a family of 5 operate- what’s the status of where you are at with this thing? 
If you don’t get moving quickly Covid is going to be done by the time you are ready to get out of the starting gate. 

Narrator: He won't.

Respect to you.

2 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Narrator: He won't.

Respect to you.

That’s my suspicion. Which is cool and all, most people, even if able, EO t throw down at a moments notice and do something strange/scary/outside their comfort zone etc. But if you ain’t going to do it don’t start a thread about it. That shit is serious bidness on the internets man, serious bidness.  
Seriously hope he does. I enjoy living vicariously through others online here (or anywhere) when they make a decision to throw down and try to optimize. 
Mira like sitting at the black jack table and watching someone push all their chips in on a hand. That immediately has me all fired up, nervous and excited for the person all rolled into one. 

3 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

Oh I'm aware. It's difficult to get Swiss citizenship if you're married to a Swiss National. Not sure there is a more difficult country to "migrate" to in the world.

Up until 1992, a Swiss woman would lose her citizenship if she married a foreign national.

CHIEF

14 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

Sister in Law lives in Geneva.  Switzerland is pretty badass.  Starts to feel small but quick flight to some other amazing places.  

Oh and it’s expensive af.  

Where are people going to stay?  Hotels still are not really opened.  And I would think that if someone from Texas checks into a hotel, that is an easy way to quarantine them.  People just need to stay the fuck away from NYC at this point.
If there is one thing Texans don't do, it is stay in Texas in the summer. They're coming so you better get ready.

On 7/8/2020 at 8:23 PM, Ghost of LL said:

Yeah--I think that's a fair suggestion.

I'm also thinking about the New York option, as they seem to have the thing much better in hand.

Here’s the thing, unlike some conspiracy theorists here, I do believe much of the developed world has things in hand - right now.  

This shit can change very fast.  So you root up your your family and end up in an even more aggressive quarantine in some foreign land.  Sounds like hell.  

• Like 3

Yeah, that is my reluctance about going to Costa Rica.  They’re handling the pandemic much better than we are, who isn’t?   But one flare up down there and we are stuck in a national lockdown with little recourse and it could take months to get back home.  It’s much easier to get home from Canada but they don’t really want us right now.  

Part of the reason we are still strongly considering it is because something else really ugly is going to happen in this country between November and February and we don’t want to be here when it happens.  

Edited by Lobo

Part of the reason we are still strongly considering it is because something else really ugly is going to happen in this country between November and February and we don’t want to be here when it happens.  

What’s going to happen?

22 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

You might. I won't.....

I meant it as the royal "we" for the whole U.S.  All the damn distilleries switched over to making sanitizer for the beta cucks!  

No, I was actually thinking of something far worse, better left for the CR.  But yeah, statistically speaking---a huge flaw in a plan to live outside the country for a few months is that other country just draws bad cards and you're stuck there for longer than you had planned/budgeted/or may even be legally allowed to stay.  

But the good news for 'Murica, is that the list of nations fairing markedly better than we are in a per capita basis is now in the triple digits...many of which have a very low cost of living and/or favorable to us exchange rate with the dollar.  So we've plenty of options.  Mathematically speaking, we could find a place to go for a few months that would likely not have a flare-up/lock-down scenario.  But again, weather aside---I don't want to be in our nation for 11 weeks from Election Day to Inauguration Day.  

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Yeah, that is my reluctance about going to Costa Rica.  They’re handling the pandemic much better than we are, who isn’t?   But one flare up down there and we are stuck in a national lockdown with little recourse and it could take months to get back home.  It’s much easier to get home from Canada but they don’t really want us right now.  

Actually Costa Rica is on the exact same upward spike we are. They shut down when we did. They started reopening pretty much exactly when Texas did. Back in late March and April they were seeing 10-30 cases a day. This last week? 250-350. Also, CR will let you out if you want they just aren’t letting people in.  I know people that left every month since this all started including one couple who just left 2 weeks ago. 

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

I meant it as the royal "we" for the whole U.S.  All the damn distilleries switched over to making sanitizer for the beta cucks!  

No, I was actually thinking of something far worse, better left for the CR.  But yeah, statistically speaking---a huge flaw in a plan to live outside the country for a few months is that other country just draws bad cards and you're stuck there for longer than you had planned/budgeted/or may even be legally allowed to stay.  

But the good news for 'Murica, is that the list of nations fairing markedly better than we are in a per capita basis is now in the triple digits...many of which have a very low cost of living and/or favorable to us exchange rate with the dollar.  So we've plenty of options.  Mathematically speaking, we could find a place to go for a few months that would likely not have a flare-up/lock-down scenario.  But again, weather aside---I don't want to be in our nation for 11 weeks from Election Day to Inauguration Day.  

I know, and I still won't run out.  I can always make a run up to the mountains, and get some very good shine if I need to.  That shit is way better than any hand sanitizer.