Brothahorn's Conservative Thread

Brothahorn

@Pancho

So help me understand how I'm wrong if black dems are going to blindly support Joe Biden.  All those options in the Dem primary. Joe goes to SC, shucks and jives and here we are. His own running mate even called him out, before she compromised. You figure Joe has been in office for how long and done what exactly to deserve the 90% loyalty? If that's not towing the company line, then what is?

12 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

So help me understand how I'm wrong if black dems are going to blindly support Joe Biden.  All those options in the Dem primary. Joe goes to SC, shucks and jives and here we are. His own running mate even called him out, before she compromised. You figure Joe has been in office for how long and done what exactly to deserve the 90% loyalty? If that's not towing the company line, then what is?

Intelligent people are towing a "I'm not going to vote for cunt like Trump" 100% .

The idea that you are trying to put this election into a "conservative v. liberal" or a "black voters are subjects to some Dem juju" go out the window when there is a vile, mendacious, treasonous bastard like Trump running.

What kind of woman votes for a pussy grabber?  What kind of black man votes for someone who did what Trump tried to do with the birth certificate and the Central Park Five? 

I don't know.  They have a right to do what they want.  But most people would few them as sad sacks and fools. 

Thread should be titled "Brothahorns Where did all the gutless Conservatives go? thread.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

@Pancho

Brotha is like the German communists that helped Hitler take power because it would shake up the system.

9 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

@Pancho

At its simplest Joe gets some brush-by support of black dems because he was the VP for the first black president.  I'm sure the simple math is "if he was good enough for Barack, hes good enough for me.  If you want to get in the weeds, I'm sure many black dems understand the history of both parties since the civil rights movement and know who is the stronger advocate for minimum sentencing laws, the war on drugs that incarcerates black people disproportionately, private prison systems with quotas, the list goes on.  

4 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

Republicans are amenable to changing/gutting policies that are pro-environment.

As republicans scream about the law and order under their own administration, Democrats have put forth a crime bill that would hold cops accountable, remove qualified immunity, and create a database so bad cops can't go to the next town and get hired. This would fix and improve many of the things about bad cops killing black people disproportionately, which is the main reason that has sparked all of these riots.

The democrats are sitting on it, however, because it "goes too far" and wont bring it to a vote. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

As republicans scream about the law and order under their own administration, Democrats have put forth a crime bill that would hold cops accountable, remove qualified immunity, and create a database so bad cops can't go to the next town and get hired. This would fix and improve many of the things about bad cops killing black people disproportionately, which is the main reason that has sparked all of these riots.

The democrats are sitting on it, however, because it "goes too far" and wont bring it to a vote. 

Republicans are sitting on it, I meant. Not the democorats. Shit, can't have a bill co-authored by now VP candidate Kamala Harris make it through the Senate (not that it would).

But please, tell me more how Republicans specifically help black people.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Republicans are sitting on it, I meant. Not the democorats. Shit, can't have a bill co-authored by now VP candidate Kamala Harris make it through the Senate (not that it would).

But please, tell me more how Republicans specifically help black people.

A lot of people don't know that Lincoln freed the slaves, and he was a Republican.  And that was only 150 years ago.  Do you expect Republicans to care about black people every day of every year?

@Brothahorn how do you feel about your candidate openly and shamelessly trying to win the suburban vote by terrifying them into thinking that Joe Biden is going to let people like you and your race invade their neighborhoods?

Is that something that you can reconcile, or do you choose to just push it out of your mind space?

42 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

@Brothahorn how do you feel about your candidate openly and shamelessly trying to win the suburban vote by terrifying them into thinking that Joe Biden is going to let people like you and your race invade their neighborhoods?

Is that something that you can reconcile, or do you choose to just push it out of your mind space?

He's fine with it.  If you're a trump supporter you're fine with everything from making fun of a reporter with a disability through today.

Don't let any Trumper tell you different.

13 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

@Pancho

Joe shucked and jived in South Carolina? 

Uh. Ok. 

[mention=387]Brothahorn[/mention] how do you feel about your candidate openly and shamelessly trying to win the suburban vote by terrifying them into thinking that Joe Biden is going to let people like you and your race invade their neighborhoods?

We have all been watching football games where Team 1’s fan is bitching about the other team’s o-line holding on every play, and the other team’s secondary interfering on every pass. Conversely, his Team 2 o-line does not hold - nor does his secondary interfere with receivers.

We’ve all seen it - or do it to some extent. The worst team partisans will watch a play and INSIST it was not a penalty - despite insisting a less egregious example a possession before was a clear violation - the key being it was the other side.

The human brain can talk yourself into almost anything. If you have decided something, all brain efforts go to ignoring anything that stands in the way of that already accepted premise.

[mention=387]Brothahorn[/mention] how do you feel about your candidate openly and shamelessly trying to win the suburban vote by terrifying them into thinking that Joe Biden is going to let people like you and your race invade their neighborhoods?

Something something Chicago/BrothaHorn

1 hour ago, BradInATX said:

this was asked earlier on the thread, and i repeated the question. there was no reply.

i doubt there will be this time either. 

i remain truly interested in the response.

1 hour ago, Post Oak said:

He's fine with it.  If you're a trump supporter you're fine with everything from making fun of a reporter with a disability through today.

Don't let any Trumper tell you different.

I can tell you, it's the white people in black garb who roam the streets at night that worry me than.any black man.

24 minutes ago, mchookem said:

this was asked earlier on the thread, and i repeated the question. there was no reply.

Same. I know some have responded either jokingly or not that it's basically a party thing, and there's probably truth to that. But I'm legitimately interested to understand how, as a black man, @Brothahorn reconciles the president's very clearly anti-black (or anti-people-of-color) rhetoric meant to frighten white suburb dwellers to vote for him. I obviously have my theories based on anecdotal conversations with upper-middle-class black people, but I left it open ended so as not to impose any of my own preconceived notions upon him. My question was not meant as a prelude to an attack or argument.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

I’ve said it enough to where you know who am not voting for. So what’s the point in answering it again? You know the answer, it’s just not what you wanted to hear. You just want a shit post to deflect.

15 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

I’ve said it enough to where you know who am not voting for. So what’s the point in answering it again? You know the answer, it’s just not what you wanted to hear. You just want a shit post to deflect.

It just seems weird to me how dogmatic you are that if you vote for Biden this time, somehow you’re betraying your values. Especially when the nation is facing such a dangerous alternative. <shrug>. 

Edited by YChang

27 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

of course we know you're not voting for Biden/any dem, you've made that abundantly clear.

what does that have to do with wondering what your opinion of Trump's demonization of minorities specifically to scare the suburbs is?

i do not know the answer to that, it seems you have purposely avoided answering that question.

you do say that if you did provide an answer it would just be a 'shit post', so...i guess that is the answer.

45 minutes ago, mchookem said:

of course we know you're not voting for Biden/any dem, you've made that abundantly clear.

what does that have to do with wondering what your opinion of Trump's demonization of minorities specifically to scare the suburbs is?

i do not know the answer to that, it seems you have purposely avoided answering that question.

you do say that if you did provide an answer it would just be a 'shit post', so...i guess that is the answer.

He won’t answer. Just like he won’t answer questions as to what he means by “compromised negroes” in the BLM thread.

My question to Pancho was more about Biden being the Dem nominee. All those choices and that clown is who won? He hung around until SC because that vote was locked up and he didn't have to work for it. Why?

So in this time of talking about the evils of systematic racism, WOD and all the shit black people dealt with during his 44 years in office, Joe Biden is who the people chose? He wasn't just collecting a check like Bernie. As head of the judiciary committee he was a huge part of the Reagan's War on Drugs and Clinton's Crime Bill, along with many other initiatives. He was VP during the killings of Mike Brown, Eric Garner, and others. What did he do to help? All these things that played a huge part in where we are today. So a guy with that background along with his feelings about busing is the guy that is going to help change things? And he didn't bother to acknowledge his part with regards to the WOD and Crime Bill until it be politically necessary.

Just like George Wallace. Racists don't change their spots, they just hide them better.

As for the Trump vs Biden debate, neither asshole is fit for office in my opinion. But I guess Biden's version of racism is more socially acceptable than Trump's. So that's why doom and gloom about why Trump must go. Which sounds exactly like the Right during the Obama years. The losing side will talk about how divided America is and how the next election will be the most important of our lifetime. Yada, Yada, Yada.

FTR, Before I took the time to look at this record I like Joe.

• Hook 'Em 1

Same. I know some have responded either jokingly or not that it's basically a party thing, and there's probably truth to that. But I'm legitimately interested to understand how, as a black man, [mention=387]Brothahorn[/mention] reconciles the president's very clearly anti-black (or anti-people-of-color) rhetoric meant to frighten white suburb dwellers to vote for him. I obviously have my theories based on anecdotal conversations with upper-middle-class black people, but I left it open ended so as not to impose any of my own preconceived notions upon him. My question was not meant as a prelude to an attack or argument.

You were legitimately asking? that’s why you added ‘your candidate’? You’ve posted in CR enough to know I’m not voting for Trump. So if I’m not voting/supporting him, that should answer the question.

But is there something in particular that he has said this time, that I need to know about? Or would a general Fuck Trump suffice?

Fuck Trump and Biden. I hope that helps.

Same. I know some have responded either jokingly or not that it's basically a party thing, and there's probably truth to that. But I'm legitimately interested to understand how, as a black man, [mention=387]Brothahorn[/mention] reconciles the president's very clearly anti-black (or anti-people-of-color) rhetoric meant to frighten white suburb dwellers to vote for him. I obviously have my theories based on anecdotal conversations with upper-middle-class black people, but I left it open ended so as not to impose any of my own preconceived notions upon him. My question was not meant as a prelude to an attack or argument.

You were legitimately asking? that’s why you added ‘your candidate’? You’ve posted in CR enough to know I’m not voting for Trump. So if I’m not voting/supporting him, that should answer the question.

But is there something in particular that he has said this time, that I need to know about? Or would a general Fuck Trump suffice?

2 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

My question to Pancho was more about Biden being the Dem nominee. All those choices and that clown is who won? He hung around until SC because that vote was locked up and he didn't have to work for it. Why?

So in this time of talking about the evils of systematic racism, WOD and all the shit black people dealt with during his 44 years in office, Joe Biden is who the people chose? He wasn't just collecting a check like Bernie. As head of the judiciary committee he was a huge part of the Reagan's War on Drugs and Clinton's Crime Bill, along with many other initiatives. He was VP during the killings of Mike Brown, Eric Garner, and others. What did he do to help? All these things that played a huge part in where we are today. So a guy with that background along with his feelings about busing is the guy that is going to help change things? And he didn't bother to acknowledge his part with regards to the WOD and Crime Bill until it be politically necessary.

Just like George Wallace. Racists don't change their spots, they just hide them better.

As for the Trump vs Biden debate, neither asshole is fit for office in my opinion. But I guess Biden's version of racism is more socially acceptable than Trump's. So that's why doom and gloom about why Trump must go. Which sounds exactly like the Right during the Obama years. The losing side will talk about how divided America is and how the next election will be the most important of our lifetime. Yada, Yada, Yada.

FTR, Before I took the time to look at this record I like Joe.

Are you really holding Biden accountable for the deaths of Michael Brown and Eric Garner while eschewing the reality of systematic racism? The Congressional Black Caucus supported the ‘94 bill as did clear majorities of black voters. What we didn’t support was Trump taking out full page newspaper ads calling for death penalty for innocent teens in the Central Park jogger case.  

I have no idea who you're voting for nor have I ever seen you address the current Republican party policy of thinly veiled dog whistling against minorities for votes.
You're very defensive.

14 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

i for one did not know this, i missed where you have said this unequivocally before and based on this thread i certainly assumed you were. to be fair, you've been much more vocal in your anti-Biden position. but i am happy to read that.

with that clarification and by extension i can assume you also do not support Trump's 'scare whitey in the burbs' tactics. which is really all i personally was curious about (how you could possibly square that with yourself)... i'm glad to know that you cannot.

gotdamn, that took way too many posts to get a semi-straight answer.

Edited by mchookem
  • Hook 'Em 1

22 hours ago, mchookem said:

i for one did not know this, i missed where you have said this unequivocally before and based on this thread i certainly assumed you were. to be fair, you've been much more vocal in your anti-Biden position. but i am happy to read that.

with that clarification and by extension i can assume you also do not support Trump's 'scare whitey in the burbs' tactics. which is really all i personally was curious about (how you could possibly square that with yourself)... i'm glad to know that you cannot.

gotdamn, that took way too many posts to get a semi-straight answer.

Now we just have to decide whether or not he actually isn't voting for Trump. The numbers show us that 53% of men voted for Trump last time, and yet there's not a single Trump voter on this board! How strange.

Surly must have the absolute best luck. We completely defy logic and statistics. If you figure we have 20 or so vocal anti-Biden folks, statistically speaking, the odds that zero of those people are Donald Trump voters is one in 7,629,619,621,922,640,000,000,000. In English that's one in seven septillion six hundred twenty-nine sextillion six hundred nineteen quintillion six hundred twenty-one quadrillion nine hundred twenty-two trillion six hundred forty billion

So we've either created one of the most significant breakthroughs in probability and statistics in human history here, or, well, there' s a lot of people on this board who are completely full of shit when they say they're not voting for Trump.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Hook 'Em 1

Plenty of people on this board vote for trump they either don’t post or lie about it.

So anyway I was sitting at the bar in the restaurant next to my office eating lunch. Only 2 people are allowed at the bar at a time but the other guy was a friendly gregarious old white guy and liked to talk. 

After some conversation about work, Austin, etc.  he asks me if I watched NFL football yesterday. I said sure why not. He then says “because of all those fucking damn niggers kneeling at the flag is why I’m never watching it again.” Said it loud enough for plenty of people in the restaurant to hear. 

I wasn’t really stunned and just quickly changed the subject. In fact I was actually anticipating and waiting for that kind of moment. 

I thought this was the best thread to put that  story in. 

6 hours ago, BradInATX said:

Now we just have to decide whether or not he actually isn't voting for Trump. The numbers show us that 53% of men voted for Trump last time, and yet there's not a single Trump voter on this board! How strange.

Surly must have the absolute best luck. We completely defy logic and statistics. If you figure we have 20 or so vocal anti-Biden folks, statistically speaking, the odds that zero of those people are Donald Trump voters is one in 7,629,619,621,922,640,000,000,000. In English that's one in seven septillion six hundred twenty-nine sextillion six hundred nineteen quintillion six hundred twenty-one quadrillion nine hundred twenty-two trillion six hundred forty billion

So we've either created one of the most significant breakthroughs in probability and statistics in human history here, or, well, there' s a lot of people on this board who are completely full of shit when they say they're not voting for Trump.

Dude this string of words you put together is nonsensical.

1) There are plenty of Trump voters on Surly. 

2) Most of those have no desire to come into here to talk I'm sure. I've been anti Trump, vociferously, for 5 years now, and for 20 years on these forums I've talked about how I'm comfortable no voting or voting third party and I've been called everything from the dumbest mother fucker on the planet to a Nazi, b/c I'm ALSO not voting for Biden (and probably not voting at all).  Now, a normal well adjusted person would say, I think I might just go ahead and not wander into that steaming ceaspool of shit. Note how many people say NO CR on this board.  Assume 80% of them are voting for Trump, they just aren't comfortable talking about politics outloud (remember- in polite company it has always been considered uncouth to talk about politics, religion or her- Sammy Kershaw taught me so).

3) Those on this board are more likely to be attracted to some form of political discourse- the fact that this is in no way a representative slice of America negates all that non-sense.

4) Really, what you are getting down to is the idea that a small hand full of people are liars.  I choose not to believe that as I've "known" Slorch for years now, or Anastasis or a couple other people on here. If they tell me they didn't vote for Trump I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt. Are some of them lying?  Probably. Do I want to live my life figuring that they are all a lying bunch of liars who lie?  Not really. I bet it's way fewer of them lying than whatever you think it is.  Not that we'd ever be able to prove that. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Plenty of people on this board vote for trump they either don’t post or lie about it.

So anyway I was sitting at the bar in the restaurant next to my office eating lunch. Only 2 people are allowed at the bar at a time but the other guy was a friendly gregarious old white guy and liked to talk. 

After some conversation about work, Austin, etc.  he asks me if I watched NFL football yesterday. I said sure why not. He then says “because of all those fucking damn niggers kneeling at the flag is why I’m never watching it again.” Said it loud enough for plenty of people in the restaurant to hear. 

I wasn’t really stunned and just quickly changed the subject. In fact I was actually anticipating and waiting for that kind of moment. 

I thought this was the best thread to put that  story in. 

About 8 years ago I had a client come in and yawn (port lavaca) and say, I must be a spic b/c I need a siesta right now. In an office full of hispanics.  I couldn't fucking fathom a stranger would say something like that out loud. I guess the only thing I can say in his defense was he was probably born in 1925 and the world is a lot different now than it was then, but damn, I can't fathom casual racism in public around strangers in 2020. It blows my fucking mind. 

32 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

About 8 years ago I had a client come in and yawn (port lavaca) and say, I must be a spic b/c I need a siesta right now. In an office full of hispanics.  I couldn't fucking fathom a stranger would say something like that out loud. I guess the only thing I can say in his defense was he was probably born in 1925 and the world is a lot different now than it was then, but damn, I can't fathom casual racism in public around strangers in 2020. It blows my fucking mind. 

Did he get his siesta?

5 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

Did he get his siesta?

My jaw hit the ground. I sort of stammered. I got him out of there as quick as I could. I asked the receptionist (hispanic lady) if she heard him and she was like- yeah- no big deal. I was like ok. i Have no idea if he went home for a siesta. Just a surreal moment for me as I'd never experienced anything like this before from a stranger. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Dude this string of words you put together is nonsensical.

1) There are plenty of Trump voters on Surly. 

2) Most of those have no desire to come into here to talk I'm sure. I've been anti Trump, vociferously, for 5 years now, and for 20 years on these forums I've talked about how I'm comfortable no voting or voting third party and I've been called everything from the dumbest mother fucker on the planet to a Nazi, b/c I'm ALSO not voting for Biden (and probably not voting at all).  Now, a normal well adjusted person would say, I think I might just go ahead and not wander into that steaming ceaspool of shit. Note how many people say NO CR on this board.  Assume 80% of them are voting for Trump, they just aren't comfortable talking about politics outloud (remember- in polite company it has always been considered uncouth to talk about politics, religion or her- Sammy Kershaw taught me so).

3) Those on this board are more likely to be attracted to some form of political discourse- the fact that this is in no way a representative slice of America negates all that non-sense.

4) Really, what you are getting down to is the idea that a small hand full of people are liars.  I choose not to believe that as I've "known" Slorch for years now, or Anastasis or a couple other people on here. If they tell me they didn't vote for Trump I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt. Are some of them lying?  Probably. Do I want to live my life figuring that they are all a lying bunch of liars who lie?  Not really. I bet it's way fewer of them lying than whatever you think it is.  Not that we'd ever be able to prove that. 

I don't think Anastasis is actually voting for Trump. Nor you. That's about where the list stops of people that I believe. But neither of you two spend your time here railing against Biden and parroting Trump talking points verbatim 24/7. Anastasis focuses on a very narrow set of issues that make sense to me even if I disagree with how he distills that into action/voting. And you're just a maniac. But neither of you sounds like a parrot for the constant Trump propaganda and deflections and "squirrel!" distractions.

Edited by BradInATX

28 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

My jaw hit the ground. I sort of stammered. I got him out of there as quick as I could. I asked the receptionist (hispanic lady) if she heard him and she was like- yeah- no big deal. I was like ok. i Have no idea if he went home for a siesta. Just a surreal moment for me as I'd never experienced anything like this before from a stranger. 

You should have said " No mames guay!" Everyone would have a laugh, and then a siesta. Yeah, that's just wild to say in public setting with strangers.

8 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

And you're just a maniac. But neither of you sounds like a parrot for the constant Trump propaganda and deflections and "squirrel!" distractions.

It's funny to me that being ideological, non-partisan and caring about character in a leader makes one a maniac, but I'm ok with it. And also recognizing that our individual actions as it relates to a country of 330 million add up to almost nothing in the grand scheme of things. 

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

It's funny to me that being ideological, non-partisan and caring about character in a leader makes one a maniac, but I'm ok with it. And also recognizing that our individual actions as it relates to a country of 330 million add up to almost nothing in the grand scheme of things. 

I meant that you're just a maniac in general, not specific to any one particular thing.

3 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

I meant that you're just a maniac in general, not specific to any one particular thing.

Fair enough.  I'm really just a contrarian. And that's because most people are wrong and stupid so the money is to be made betting against CW. In pretty much any situation.  Except RV clearance with a low bridge.  The bridge gonna win that every day of the week and twice on Sundays. 

8 hours ago, BradInATX said:

image_47772deb.jpeg?height=354&region=0,

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1