Brothahorn's Conservative Thread

Brothahorn

3 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Maybe I’m dumb but I don’t get it. 

yes you are.

Ole Delaware smoothie said if you're black and don't vote for him then you're not black.

Not a surprise you didn't know.  y'all don't pay attention to most of the shit that's going on.   Just run the fucking play...

Edited by slorch

21 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

Overall you are right, I don't want to pay more taxes. I don't want a limit on my guns. If I don't agree the Dems on illegal immigration, minimum wage, climate change, etc., why am I supposed to push all that aside and vote for them? If you saw me would you see anything other than the color of my skin?

Here’s the thing. These normal conservative positions are rational. Gun control, taxes, immigration have all been routinely debated for a hundred years. One side wants more or less depending on the issues and degree. That is all rational. 

What isn’t rational is supporting a President and more importantly a party (I’m arguing Trumps party is no longer a traditional republican values party) that...

1. Wants to stop black people moving into suburban neighborhoods

2. Dismisses the proven statistical fact black people are killed disproportionately by police compared to white people, not only does he not propose a plan to solve it, but sends in the national guard to quell protests calling for social justice. 

3. Says the confederate flag is a symbol of southern pride 

4. skips civil rights leader funeral because he didn’t go to his inauguration 

Any black person that supports a party than endorses any candidate that espouses these words and values is looney tunes. These are people that don’t consider you an equal citizen and wouldn’t  allow you to talk to their daughter and you’re willing to support this party because you like guns and might, and I emphasize might, get a tax break. 

Edited by Neonmoon
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

You’re being slorch’d. The humor is definitely lacking from Trump’s racist voters.

To paraphrase 1970 Dick Cavett, replying to Lester Maddox demanding an apology for Cavett implying that Lester's supporters were bigots: I apologize to all Trumplicans who aren't bigoted triumphalistic  frontrunning ignorant RACIST assclowns.

Vote, my brothers and sisters.  Vote - it's all we need to do.  The rest is just noise.

7 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

You’re being slorch’d. The lack of a  sense of humor is on full display by the left's  racist voters.  Get in line, darkies!!!

You motherfuckers denying the humor in that shot at Biden's statement are part of the problem with our society.

On 9/1/2020 at 12:05 AM, Brothahorn said:

Overall you are right, I don't want to pay more taxes. I don't want a limit on my guns. If I don't agree the Dems on illegal immigration, minimum wage, climate change, etc., why am I supposed to push all that aside and vote for them?

I don't really vote for "policy," but one thing to consider is the long-term effect on those policies by supporting a party that shows extreme loyalty to a corrupt, immoral, failed businessman.

6 hours ago, slorch said:

You motherfuckers denying the humor in that shot at Biden's statement are part of the problem with our society.

The fact that you think that lame meme is funny is why the right is not getting better at humor and the left isn’t sweating it either. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

The fact that you think that lame meme is funny is why the right is not getting better at humor and the left isn’t sweating it either. 

The fact that you and others don't recognize/ acknowledge the blatant racism in Biden's statement explains why other non-racist posts are categorized as racism on this board and in real life   You don't even know what it is, aside from anything with which you disagree..

Edited by slorch

14 minutes ago, slorch said:

The fact that you and others don't recognize/ acknowledge the blatant racism in Biden's statement explains why other non-racist posts are categorized as racism on this board and in real life   You don't even know what it is, aside from anything with which you disagree..

I didn’t express an opinion one way or another on whether his statement was racist. Probably because this is the brothahorn conservative thread, not the is joe Biden a racist thread.

I just said your joke was lame. Which it was.

Try to pay attention. 

50 minutes ago, slorch said:

I thought the Biden smelling hair joke was funny, even if nobody else did. But only one of the two men running has been accused of rape multiple times.

42 minutes ago, elfenix said:

theright.jpg

When I see what Slorch posted all I can think of is this is a white man that is not enjoying seeing his personal construct being shown to be one that is getting left behind by modern society. His attempts at humor fall flat and that last one you replied to was just something I would expect from Alex Jones to be honest. 

Edited by UpperWestside
  • Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Here’s the thing. These normal conservative positions are rational. Gun control, taxes, immigration have all been routinely debated for a hundred years. One side wants more or less depending on the issues and degree. That is all rational. 

What isn’t rational is supporting a President and more importantly a party (I’m arguing Trumps party is no longer a traditional republican values party) that...

1. Wants to stop black people moving into suburban neighborhoods - opinion, your interpretation, believe it or not, POC DO live in the suburbs and DONT want the crime, poverty, homelessness and taxes that come with Democratic run cities.

2. Dismisses the proven statistical fact black people are killed disproportionately by police compared to white people, not only does he not propose a plan to solve it, but sends in the national guard to quell protests calling for social justice. - again, the actual studies that use crime statistics and instances don't agree.  If you simply use population percentage you get your predetermined result.  The same "proof" will show the police are incredibly biased against males compared to females, it is cooking the books to get your desired result.  The studies do show the police are disproportionately more likely to be physical with an AA suspect, but "killed" is simply untrue rhetoric designed to incite outrage.  Simply not allowing the topic to be discussed in earnest doesn't make your prejudice true.  The majority of the country wants the riots and violence to stop as well, and have no issue with the national guard trying to protect the cities from domestic terrorism.  The crime bill passed will help way more POC than de-funding the police ever will.

3. Says the confederate flag is a symbol of southern pride - dumb, but should be the states decision

4. skips civil rights leader funeral because he didn’t go to his inauguration - they basically told him not to go and were prepared to make a huge stink if he tried, no win situation

Edited by ChickenSandwich

Full disclosure, Higgins didnt take down the post. Facebook did due to the threatening nature.  As an outspoken gun rights, open carry zealot......what would cause Higgins to make such a post? It just doesnt make any sense. 

https://www.theadvocate.com/acadiana/news/article_77138836-ecc4-11ea-a8d0-772b482469cb.html

I guess thats the compassionate GOP leadership in Congress Brothahorn is counting on. 

Edited by Blotto
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, BNB said:

Why do 32% of Latinos support him also?  What is wrong with those people?

Unlike your bullshit black vote percentages, I can actually somewhat believe the 32 percent Hispanic percentage. One of my best friends is from the border originally, and people along the border are among the best people I’ve ever met. Why do some still support trump including my good but dipshit friend? I can’t answer that one. My only answer is watch John Sayle’s movie “Lone Star.”

23 minutes ago, BNB said:

Why do 32% of Latinos support him also?  What is wrong with those people?

That’s crazy if his Latino support is really that low, I figured it’d be just below 50%. As a hispanic from south Texas I’ve always said Republicans could routinely pull over 70% of the vote in that region if they toned down the racist rhetoric and attitudes. Hispanic cultural values are very largely conservative in a lot of ways. We’ve also got a lot of “ladder-pullers” as my grandpa called them. Hispanics that metaphorically or literally used a ladder to climb over the wall to get here, and pulled the ladder up behind them so no one else could do what they did. But there’s always been that element, with or without Republicans even existing. Trump just appeals to those kinds of people for obvious reasons. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Helobious said:

That’s crazy if his Latino support is really that low, I figured it’d be just below 50%. As a hispanic from south Texas I’ve always said Republicans could routinely pull over 70% of the vote in that region if they toned down the racist rhetoric and attitudes. Hispanic cultural values are very largely conservative in a lot of ways. We’ve also got a lot of “ladder-pullers” as my grandpa called them. Hispanics that metaphorically or literally used a ladder to climb over the wall to get here, and pulled the ladder up behind them so no one else could do what they did. But there’s always been that element, with or without Republicans even existing. Trump just appeals to those kinds of people for obvious reasons. 

Yep. The Hispanics in South Texas are democratic because that’s the only way to win a local election. They quite correctly recognize the the national and state of Texas parties, both Republican and Democratic, don’t really give a shit about them except to hopefully get them to vote for them if needed.

There’s only one liberal place in Texas and that’s the people’s republic of Travis County and its not even all that liberal compared to the rest of the rest of the country.                               

2 hours ago, BNB said:

Trump had 6% of the Black vote in 2016, now he may have 20-30 percent in this election.  Why is that?

One of the reasons this is completely impossible is the fact that such a healthy percentage of the black vote comes from black women. While Trump could possibly get 15% or so of black men, he'd be lucky to get more than 3% of black women who dominate the voter rolls when it comes to black people. 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

One of the reasons this is completely impossible is the fact that a healthy percentage of the black vote comes from black women. While Trump could possibly get 15% or so of black men, he'd be lucky to get more than 3% of black women who dominate the voter rolls when it comes to black people. 

Yet more proof that women are much much smarter than men, whatever the race.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, JimmyJames said:

Well they are clearly smarter than BNB if he actually believes Trump is gonna pull anywhere close to 20-30% of the black vote this time around. Its all ball bearings and Kanye these days, sounds like BNB needs a refresher course. 

1 minute ago, Blotto said:

Well they are clearly smarter than BNB if he actually believes Trump is gonna pull anywhere close to 20-30% of the black vote this time around. Its all ball bearings and Kanye these days, sounds like BNB needs a refresher course. 

He probably read that on facebook and raced over here to share it with us. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 9/1/2020 at 12:05 AM, Brothahorn said:

You haven't and you won't see it.

I don't live off what a bunch of internet strangers think of my politics. I say what I want and move on. That's the blessing of being a free man in American. I can voice my opinion and not care about what a bunch of assholes say. I've gotten into heated almost physical arguments with friends and family over my politics. If I didn't lose it then, why would I now? This is nothing, but entertainment. Across HF, Shaggy and this, only NAIU, SUB and SWAYZE have changed my opinion. There are some others that I will respectfully engage. The rest I don't give a shit about. Fuck 'em.

What I notice with so many of the called enlightened crowd is that white people can make political decisions based on policy. But as a black person, I'm not allowed to vet my candidates or chose the platform that identifies with my beliefs. That's because of prejudice in how black people are viewed by their so called allies. But of course they will front for the internet/social media. Unless they are coming at a black person that doesn't say the right things. So that's why I call them chickenshit racists. 

I didn't vote for Trump the first time and have no plans on voting for him again. So whatever you want to say about him is fine. But, you have no credibility when the clown that you want me to vote for has been in office for over 40 years and yet you telling me how bad the systematic racism is. 40+ years, 8 of those as VP. Plus his shitty crime bill, which made things worse for people like me. But somehow, now he is going to fix things. IOW, you can't understand why I won't vote for your approved racist as opposed to the racist you don't like. 

Democrats have been carrying 95% of the black vote for how long? And yet here we are talking about how bad the system treats us. Why would I vote for the same politicians/politics that's been fucking me before I was even born? Only white people and hand picked negroes can afford that.

Overall you are right, I don't want to pay more taxes. I don't want a limit on my guns. If I don't agree the Dems on illegal immigration, minimum wage, climate change, etc., why am I supposed to push all that aside and vote for them? If you saw me would you see anything other than the color of my skin?

FTR, I'm nothing special. My dad was an asshole, my mom barely finished PV. And I'm just a country boy from East Texas, who refuses to accept anything less than what I work for.

Here's the thing, at the end of the day your number one commitment should be to you and your family.  If there's a lot that makes a difference with a certain candidate in your actual house, I don't blame you looking past racist shit that affects others (not you to the same extent) and voting for whoever.  My post was genuine...it really is a very difficult position.  There's nobody super pro Trump in my family but there's a lot of them voting for him (still the minority overall in our family) because for their household Trump is bringing more to the table - in their eyes.  In our family, we have mostly brown people with some black/white sprinkled in...

Being a minority voting for Trump is harder in many respects - 'hey, I truly believe (know) gun rights and low taxes are important for MY family but I'm getting shit on. not only by cops and many of the elite white, but even my own people for the most part'...it's a bitch of a position to be in.  There's no easy answers even if you have a bunch of drive by posts here stating otherwise - and I've been guilty too.  Thanks for the honest answer and engaging...also engaging without blowing up. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

After Biden I would be glad to see our president not be a man again for awhile. I definitely do not want to see another white guy in the Oval Office after him for at least a good 30 years or even ever again.