Good, inexpensive keyboard

Now that I'm working from home, I broke out some ancient compaq keyboard and my typing has gone to shit. The keys are too soft in that I frequently hit other keys while typing and I'm constantly having to correct words.   

Just want some basics including 10 key and arrows as I spend at least an hour per day in Excel.

Any recommendations?

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

What’s inexpensive?  $80 $50 $20?

If you don’t care about mechanical keys, the Logitech keyboards are all fine and most are under $40 on sale.  You can pick based on features and style because they all feel the same and will likely last years. 

If you’re like me and hate the way those feel (like a laptop), then you may have to go partway down the rabbit hole of linear vs tactile, switch colors, etc. to avoid the Goldilocks issue- the first one I bought was too heavy, second was too easy, third was just right.  Here’s a primer:

https://www.pcgamer.com/best-mechanical-switches-for-gaming/

I have a Logitech wireless keyboard/mouse that I probably paid $20 for between 3 and 5 yrs ago. I decided this year that Logitech makes better mice than microsoft - hands down. The keyboard, p/n 820-006477, has a numerical keypad. I swear, I put a few batteries in it when I got it and have never changed them. And I almost never turn the keyboard off, which means it must has some kind of sleep sensor. Don't remember where I got it, possibly walmart. One other plus - it has a caps lock light.

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch

I bought a badass mechanical keyboard a few years ago and took it to the office.  Has the feel of the old IBM serial keyboard.

About 20 minutes later the entire neighboring department came over en masse demanding that I unplug that noisy assed keyboard because it was distracting, so I took it home.

Now that I don't have an office except one at home, I echo the Logitech - looks like the K520 keyboard and mouse combo - which uses only one USB port.

https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/logitech-mk520-wireless-keyboard-and-mouse/apd/a3945800/pc-accessories?gacd=9694607-1004-5761040-0-0&dgc=st&gclid=Cj0KCQjwo6D4BRDgARIsAA6uN19fPa0lxSu3kiSx5_DKg205pUHonKcVK2Xue8E3QovsEZBG5E-xnhAaAlHSEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds