Live Musical Performance Reviews

stc

Big Head Todd and the Monsters at ACL Live.  great show.  his newest album(2018 New World Arisin) has some good stuff on it that is similar to Beautiful World, Stratagem IMO.  More radio friendly or as the kids say "accessible". Good crowd.  He had been in a traditional blues period for about 6-7 years.  good stuff but it can get repetitive.

great setlist, if you are a fan, with songs from most of their non blues albums.

had Hazel Miller backing up some songs which was terrific.  She has some pipes.  guy can play some guitar too.  

If you haven't seen them I'd check them out.

• 3 weeks later...

Eagles Saturday night at ACC..

Damn good show.  I thought Henley’s voice cracked a few times.  Could have been arena sound also.
Vince does good on his Frey songs. Deacon was OK but I thought a little “nasely” 

1st time seeing them and loved it. Just my opinion but think this is Henley’s last go. His voice just can’t hold up much any more. Hell if I can even talk at 72 that will be a win.  

8 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

Ozomatli and Los Lobos at HoB in Dallas Saturday. Those guys are an American treasure.

Damn. Love Los Lobos. Didn’t know they still played. Never seen them live. May have to check their tour schedule and go see them. 

4 minutes ago, Shaddie said:

Damn. Love Los Lobos. Didn’t know they still played. Never seen them live. May have to check their tour schedule and go see them. 

It is worth it.  One of those shows where they're leaving the stage and you have to check your watch because you didn't know time could fly that quickly.  Masters of their instruments, yet never lose the groove.  Always invite whoever their supporting acts are to share the stage and kill it with them.  Just first rate all the way around.  

• 1 year later...

levitation kick off party last night. it had been too long since i'd seen the sword. god damn they were good. loud as fuck, heavy riffs, headbanging...this is what i'd been missing. the last couple of tours they hadn't been playing anything off of their first album but they embraced it last night. very good setlist. 

opening band was called nothing. not bad. heavy shoegaze type shit. 

• Hook 'Em 1

another ripper last night, the well opening for fuzz. it got weird when a girl jumped on stage and grabbed the mic between songs and started talking about some dude grabbing her ass under her skirt. then she wanted to stage dive but didnt' want anyone to touch her ass and eventually security took her off the stage. i was directly next to the soundboard and i've never seen a sound guy rock out so hard in my life, really headbanging. 

• Hook 'Em 1

friday: a place to bury strangers, kikagaku moyo, black angels
saturday: frankie and the witch fingers
sunday: hooveriii, acid dad, christian bland and the revelators, frankie and the witch fingers

met some great people and had a really good time. love that festival so much, didn't see a bad set all week. 

• Hook 'Em 1