The Far Side Returns, Gary Larson Went Digital.

atomheartbevo

Yeah I still think that's a good one...But man, I tried really hard to get my son into it and he it was a total fail. And almost nobody his age is into it, either. (He's 24.) It's weird when you try to show something to your kids and they just don't think it's funny at all...It makes you wonder if it ever really was. On the other hand, you can listen to tired music like "Stairway to Heaven" with your kids when they are first starting to get it and you start to love it again. 

Eh, I think humor changes, and not for the better. A lot of younger folks don’t get Mel Brooks.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

On 7/10/2020 at 11:35 PM, MaybeACoordinator said:

It hasn't aged well. I am not sure why not, but it just hasn't. I think his style got ripped off by companies like Chik-Fil-A (Eat Mor Chik'n) and now it just seems old and tired in a way it didn't when he broke ground with it.

Unlike Calvin & Hobbes, which is eternal. 

{Staring at this post with a very unbelieving, quizzical look on my face}. You serious Clark ?  They're fucking timeless.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Storm the Field said:

Once in a blue moon, I stumble upon a Far Side that I hadn't previously seen before. This one had me chuckling pretty good this morning. 

RorschachCartoon.jpg

The details in the inkblot cards are what really make it land. 

Reminded me of this

913aa7f6956e95d02ef7fa68b563a566.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The Far Side is epic. Love it. The OG that is.

The new Far Side is bad. Like other second acts (e.g. Arrested Development when it streamed on netflix, the dusted off Futurama, etc.) it should have been left alone.

I got my son one of those daily tear-off desk calendars where each day is a single pane comic because I had one as a youth and they were funny. I'm almost embarrassed because I talked it up and then all of January the jokes/comics pretty much all sucked.

Man, that little desk calendar thing.  I can still hear the click of that black plastic stabler device as I set it back down in my table.  

We had high expectations for the reboot, unfair as they were.  With no disrespect to your opinions; there will never be a funnier one than the dogs with chainsaw trying to get the cat out of tree.  All else is commentary.  

Edited by YGIFS
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Man, that little desk calendar thing.  I can still hear the click of that black plastic stabler device as I set it back down in my table.  

We had high expectations for the reboot, unfair as they were.  With no disrespect to your opinions; there will never be a funnier one than the dogs with chainsaw trying to get the cat out of tree.  All else is commentary.  

5683df1dbad11dac55a6400bbcb388ec.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...