PRISON - Presidents beside Donald J. Trump that faced certain jail time after office?

horn4life

Now let me first be clear.  That if Donald Trump can retain office, (even without the help of the Russians) he will be able to run out the clock on his criminal actions.

Let me also stipulate that I do not ever single bit of history.  I do know that neither Johnson< nor Nixon, nor Ford, nor Carter, Nor Reagan, Nor Bush 41, Nor Clinton, Nor Bush 42, Nor Obama ever faced probably incarceration if they did not win a second term.  And PLEASE correct me if I am wrong here, but only Donald J. Trump faces a high probability of incarceration, should he not win reelection.

I know it is rare for a sitting US President to have criminal proceedings in the back drop of his reelection, but that is who our current President is.  

Since I feel absolutely certain, that our President is the exact scumbag he has been his entire life, I feel CERTAIN, that he KNOWS that he is going to jail.

I would say it's and absolute certainty, but I have feeling that there will be a resignation... My prediction is that AFTER pardoning his daughter and corrupt son in law, Trump will resign, and Pence will pardon him.  I hope I am wrong and the GOP allows Trump to serve out his time in Prison.  But... well... principles and the GOP....

BUT I am not a real history buff, so I would be curious to know if other sitting Presidents faced jail time depending on whether they got reelected or not.  

Edited by horn4life

8 minutes ago, horn4life said:

. My prediction is that AFTER pardoning his daughter and corrupt son in law, Trump will resign, and Pence will pardon him.  I hope I am wrong and the GOP allows Trump to serve out his time in Prison.  But... well... principles and theGOP....

if this is going to happen they better hurry up.

Edited by Brandywine

Trump's prison will be Mar a Lago. 

He's not going to get some kind of world speaking tour.  The only kind of engagements he could get would be rallies and call ins to Hannity, etc for that's all he knows.

He won't step foot in NY if he can help it. 

1 minute ago, horn4life said:

Since I feel absolutely certain, that our President is the exact scumbag he has been his entire life, I feel CERTAIN, that he KNOWS that he is going to jail.

I would say it's and absolute certainty, but I have feeling that there will be a resignation... My prediction is that AFTER pardoning his daughter and corrupt son in law, Trump will resign, and Pence will pardon him.  I hope I am wrong and the GOP allows Trump to serve out his time in Prison.  But... well... principles and the GOP....

Presidents can only give Federal pardons.  State crimes aren't part of their purview.....

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

He's not going to get some kind of world speaking tour.  The only kind of engagements he could get would be rallies and call ins to Hannity, etc for that's all he knows.

392-E589-E-F657-4-FC0-9340-60-E80-EBE908

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

He won't come close to going to prison.  If he was going to prison it would have happened before he ever ran for President.

It probably should have happened, but by keeping his business interests private, he avoided a lot of scrutiny that could have gotten him in legal trouble.  And has managed to buy his way out of trouble heretofore.

Well, he's got that scrutiny now. 

But, overall, I think whatever powers that be after he leaves office are going to ultimately decide that it's just best to move on from Donald J. Trump, entirely.

One thing I think is a necessary corollary to the DOJ policy that a sitting President can't be indicted is that the statute of limitations is tolled while s/he is in office.  

How many of you honestly believe that our President is NOT a crook?  Doesn't cheat on his Taxes? Doesn't fraudulently inflate the value of his businesses when securing loans?

That is where the problem is for Donald.  That the light of day will be allowed to shine on his lifelong corruption and fiscal incompetence. 

What will be interesting is to see what happens to his family?  Will he only have to pay fines?  Or will jail time be on the table. Will the kids run Trump TV? Will the kids get sucked into the fraudulent acts that they had to be aware of? 

It will be interesting to see what happens, and when the Tax returns are entered into evidence? As well as the false information used to secure loans.  The fact that he and his kids don't pay, or barely pay taxes won't phase most folks.  Taxes are to be paid by "the little people."

Edited by horn4life

22 minutes ago, horn4life said:

How many of you honestly believe that our President is NOT a crook?  Doesn't cheat on his Taxes? Doesn't fraudulently inflate the value of his businesses when securing loans?

I believe all that shit is true.  But I also KNOW that people in that sphere of influence NEVER go to jail.

They say never say never.  Well, I'm saying NEVER.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, horn4life said:

That is where the problem is for Donald.  That the light of day will be allowed to shine on his lifelong corruption and fiscal incompetence. 

What will be interesting is to see what happens to his family?  Will he only have to pay fines?  Or will jail time be on the table. Will the kids run Trump TV? Will the kids get sucked into the fraudulent acts that they had to be aware of? 

It will be interesting to see what happens, and when the Tax returns are entered into evidence? As well as the false information used to secure loans.  The fact that he and his kids don't pay, or barely pay taxes won't phase most folks.  Taxes are to be paid by "the little people."

yPg8zw.gif

19 hours ago, horn4life said:

He's gotten away with breaking laws his entire life.  Why would he KNOW he's going to jail now?

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

The asshole has a cult that hangs on his every moronic word, and you think he won't get paid speaking gigs after office? 

3 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

The asshole has a cult that hangs on his every moronic word, and you think he won't get paid speaking gigs after office? 

Most of his cult are broke ass folks.  Having said that, here's a fairly recent article on speaking fees for former Presidents:

https://www.thoughtco.com/former-presidents-speaking-fees-3368127

I can't see any foreign countries opening up the checkbook (other than maybe Russia, North Korea, Brazil, SA) to bring Trump in to wax on about current events.  And I can't see many domestic companies or colleges lining up post election, either.  Maybe the My Pillow guy will hand him $50,000 or so to get the employees pumped up, or Liberty U gives him an honorarium to speak at commencement.  

His cult isn't going to pay for something they were getting for free from 2015 on.

12 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

whatever powers that be after he leaves office are going to ultimately decide that it's just best to move on from Donald J. Trump, entirely. 

this is what will happen.  
there will never be any meaningful consequences for Trump and the rest of the Republican traitors who have enabled him. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I believe all that shit is true.  But I also KNOW that people in that sphere of influence NEVER go to jail.

They say never say never.  Well, I'm saying NEVER.

Today's Exhibit A is Roger fucking Stone.  That God damn traitor should have been laid out on a gurney in Terre Haute Federal Penitentiary.

5 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

i just want his post-president life to be uncomfortable and expensive, and filled with long and boring conversations with attorneys.

articles about him being a crook and a loser and a one-term president is worse than jail for him.

Nah. He needs to go the way Gaddafi went. On the run with fear in his eyes.

I’m truly afraid of all the shit he’ll pull between Election Day and Inauguration Day. He’ll probably egg on his followers to shoot at a few BLM folks, take a giant shit on Angela Merkel’s desk, nuke Iran and send Moscow a trillion bucks to not kill our troops. Fucking traitor. 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...