Things you really just don't get...

immortal13

People proud to be a redneck. I don’t get the badge of honor for limiting your education, having questionable hygiene and taking pride in being poor. 

I don’t get Texas bravado either. 90% of the talk is utter bullshit. I.E. Flying the Texas flag at the same height as the U.S. flag, false ability to secede, pretending that California, Florida, Alaska, etc. can’t be recognized on a map by some French yokel and that this means something, that the weather is special in Texas and changes every 5 minutes like it does for the rest of the U.S., celebrating a bunch of Tennessee folks getting slaughtered at the Alamo, associating with Cowboy culture when you’ve lived in Plano all your life, etc. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 3

On 7/28/2020 at 9:39 PM, immortal13 said:

Nascar!

I don't fucking get Nascar at all. I love fast cars and motorcycles, but why the fuck would anyone want to watch 500+ laps? How does that prove who is the best driver or who has the fastest car? Just give me 5 maybe 10 hard laps or GTFO!

It is still much more of a "race" than the Formula One parade bullshit.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Spankytoes said:

People proud to be a redneck. I don’t get the badge of honor for limiting your education, having questionable hygiene and taking pride in being poor. 

I don’t get Texas bravado either. 90% of the talk is utter bullshit. I.E. Flying the Texas flag at the same height as the U.S. flag, false ability to secede, pretending that California, Florida, Alaska, etc. can’t be recognized on a map by some French yokel and that this means something, that the weather is special in Texas and changes every 5 minutes like it does for the rest of the U.S., celebrating a bunch of Tennessee folks getting slaughtered at the Alamo, associating with Cowboy culture when you’ve lived in Plano all your life, etc. 

Regarding being a redneck, not all rednecks have poor educations, poor hygiene and are light in the wallet.  

Regarding Texas bravado...uh, have you seen your own avatar lately?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

I like the Texas bravado and lore and mystique.  It's much more of an "idea" than most other states.  

What I really don't get is when people announce what generation Texan they are and expect a response/awe.  

I have heard probably 100 introductions either by a moderator or the speaker themselves that have peppered in somewhere, "...and a 5th generation Texan."  Yeah, your education and professional history and philanthropy are really fucking impressive.  Throw in something personal like "avid fisherman" or "proud father of two girls" or something, but who gives a shit where you were born, let alone how many in your family were born there too.  It's odd to me that the one thing in your life you had absolutely zero influence over is the thing you're most proud of.  You have more control over your height than you do your birthplace.  Unless you were born in Oklahoma, then you should feel ashamed.  

You need to brush up on your flag etiquette. The only time the US flag is required to be flown higher than a State flag is when it is flown with multiple State flags. Also, we’ll secede if we damn well please.

IIRC, the US flag should be higher than a state when they are flying on the same flag pole. I’ve never seen a state flag, even a Texas flag, flying above the US flag.
  • Like 1

I'll add the people who have worked hard and become wealthy, coming out of being raised by white trash. They can afford things, just end up as white trash with money.

4 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Rap or Hip Hop......how can anyone listen to that shit?

Some no singing mother fucker rhyming over a shitty ass Casio music bed with a monotonous loud bass line.

Fuck those no talent hacks.

What happened to black music?

Bring back Motown.

Been meaning to post this damn near word for word.  In addition to Motown I also love the late 70's early 80's funk.  This modern shit is just awful. 

8 minutes ago, HouTex said:

Been meaning to post this damn near word for word.  In addition to Motown I also love the late 70's early 80's funk.  This modern shit is just awful. 

It's just lazy.  There's no creation of music, but the stealing of others thru sampling, and putting it to a repeating beat, that while interesting at first Becomes boring as shit within a short period of time.

4 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Some no singing mother fucker rhyming over a shitty ass Casio music bed with a monotonous loud bass line.

Bring back Motown.

kindofracist.jpg

6 hours ago, HouTex said:

IIRC, the US flag should be higher than a state when they are flying on the same flag pole. I’ve never seen a state flag, even a Texas flag, flying above the US flag.

Well yes on the same flag pole of course, it's sort of hard to fly two flags at the same height on the same flag pole.  On separate flag poles the etiquette is to fly the US and a single State Flag (any State Flag) at the same height with the US flag on the leftmost pole.  If the US flag is being flown with multiple State flags, the etiquette is for the US flag to be higher and in the center.

16 hours ago, Spankytoes said:

11 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

HandmadeSmartFowl-size_restricted.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Spankytoes said:

That I have houses, and pay taxes in, NY and Texas and split my time between both States? And we’re on a Texas message board? Sure, I guess.

How are affairs in The Hamptons this year considering the peasants were unusually thoughtless this year with all that Covid rubbish?  Has it affected your tee times at Maidstone?  Tell me you haven’t had to slum it with the commoners at Shinnecock Hills.

• Like 1

I don’t get how the same people who think soccer is boring seem to be a lot of the same people who love baseball.

I don’t get why people consider Lone Star the beer of Texas. It isn’t even owned by a Texan or texas company. Wasn’t brewed outside of texas for awhile too? Shiner seems more fitting, no?

15 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I don’t get how the same people who think soccer is boring seem to be a lot of the same people who love baseball.

I don’t get why people consider Lone Star the beer of Texas. It isn’t even owned by a Texan or texas company. Wasn’t brewed outside of texas for awhile too? Shiner seems more fitting, no?

Heck, Bud is brewed in Houston and Miller is brewed in FW.  Quite literally “Texas” beer but Lone Star beat  the other beers to the marketing punch. 

On 7/29/2020 at 7:53 AM, 52-80 said:

that's acceptable, because the expression of those shirts (i like these bands) has meaning to you

but these random ones where the message is so confusing , but so loud, what exactly are people saying with it?

"i endeavor to visit new england"

"im a fan of pop art, and spanish holidays"

"japanese is the best language"

"im a systems administrator, but i also have a sense of humor"

image.png

I might be able to splain this one Loocy.

See, you got these Print On Demand companies, where you can upload your art for free, and get a royalty when they print it. You don't have to pay a printer for loads of shirts that sit around. You can upload hundreds of different designs.

Whenever an artist first discovers this world, he/she spends a month uploading err damn thing they got on file, it's like free lottery tickets. Just one has to go viral for it to work.

Then what happens is that there is a dribble of sales, sure, like getting a free craft beer every month. Not bad, but you don't want to figure out the hourly pay.

Meantime, all the artist's artist friends have seen his promos on social media, assume he's making bank, and each spend their own month uploading a hundred random designs.

On 7/31/2020 at 8:06 AM, Steamboat1874 said:

Bring back Motown.

Why the motorcyclists around here seem to have a death wish.  Always turtlenecking out of their lane on a 2-lane country road.  Passing multiple cars at once.  Squeezing into conga lines with zero gaps.

And when they ride 2 abreast, while they can both perfectly fit their lanes, one would be riding on the fucking center marker.

When I'm driving in the opposite direction I feel like they're always inches from getting smacked on my side mirrors and flung below my wheels.

On 7/31/2020 at 8:07 AM, Lobo said:

Unless you were born in Oklahoma, then you should feel ashamed.  

Yeah speaking of that, I pull up to a Love's near Shawnee OK last night around midnight.  You know, Shawnee, where Brad Pitt is from?  Considered one of the best looking people on the planet Brad Pitt from Shawnee OK?  Yeah that one.

Apparently it took every bit and to the last good looking chromosome to build Mr. Pitt.  Holy shit what an ugly group of people there.  And I've been to Louisiana, Texas AND Colorado.

Edited by mulletpelini
Fugly

30 minutes ago, mulletpelini said:

Yeah speaking of that, I pull up to a Love's near Shawnee OK last night around midnight.  You know, Shawnee, where Brad Pitt is from?  Considered one of the best looking people on the planet Brad Pitt from Shawnee OK?  Yeah that one.

Apparently it took every bit and to the last good looking chromosome to build Mr. Pitt.  Holy shit what an ugly group of people there.  And I've been to Louisiana, Texas AND Colorado.

I mean he was born there but he grew up in Springfield, MO. Not sure where his parents were from. 

On 7/30/2020 at 10:50 PM, markstanco said:

My chevy has stock 22 inch wheels. Tires cost me around 1500. If I had 18 inch wheels they would be less than half.

Less rubber, costs twice as much. 'Splain that to me.

pimp tax

• Hook 'Em 2

On 7/31/2020 at 5:50 AM, markstanco said:

My chevy has stock 22 inch wheels. Tires cost me around 1500. If I had 18 inch wheels they would be less than half.

Less rubber, costs twice as much. 'Splain that to me.

sales volume. 

compounds and materials are the same.  they just have to get expensive new molds for the larger tires, and havent sold enough of them to amortize the costs.

the real question is who are the idiots who keep speccing 19, 20, 21, 22 inch oem wheels on cars.  2020 models honda civic type r comes with 20" wheels...on an economy platform.

PeopleAmericans that are infatuated with the English royal family. I don’t get it, at all.

I don’t see how the British haven’t gotten rid of that bullshit either. I guess that it maintains the bored, overweight, snaggletooth British woman’s 0.00000001% chance of becoming a princess one day.
  • Hook 'Em 1