Things you really just don't get...

immortal13

15 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Americans that are infatuated with the English royal family. I don’t get it, at all.

Me neither.... but then there is Mrs. Brat... (center foreground seated in wheelchair)

C63462B6-E429-409A-87EE-CDEA9EAE3522.jpeg

Edited by Armybrat

Saw Trevor Lawrence just got engaged. I’ll never, ever understand how/why so many prominent athletes have long term girlfriends or get married so young. For example I think Ehlinger has had the same gf the whole time he’s been in college. I know a lot of them fuck around on their women but still it just seems like such an unnecessary obstacle. Jeter did it right.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Quagmire said:

Cyclists that insist on riding their bikes down 2 lane road during morning rush hour . Are they purposely trying to be assholes ?

Yes. That is one of life's easiest equations.

Just now, Hate said:

They are like the 2A nuts who show up at a state capital carrying their AR15. Just because you can do something doesn’t mean you should and when you do it you’re just being an asshole.

It's this. We have a very pretty, winding, tree covered road that runs along a river. A long stretch of it is designated with a bike lane, so they have a wide lane to ride in. That lane eventually ends. Bikers will purposefully swerve out in to the middle off the regular car lane when cars approach from the behind.  They'll cuss you, and flip you off if you don't swerve all the way in to the opposite car lane.  But when you're fairly far back you can see them riding within 3' of the edge of the road like they should be.  Fucking spandex, nut hugging, passive aggressive, assholes.

• Hook 'Em 1

I was on a walk last week at the park with my twin 3 yr olds and a cyclist going the other way decided that we were taking up room much of the path and stopped, got off his bike and started yelling and swearing at us. His gf/wife stopped with him and was like “Tom Stop!!” in a wavering nervous voice. I just stood there looking at him trying to think about what I should do. He was threatening and scaring my kids. I ended up just saying “I’m sorry” and we walked off. 

normally I’d just forget shit like that, but couldn’t help but think about what would have happened if I had to hurt this guy in front of my kids. I mean, sure if he wants to embarrass himself acting like a fool is one thing but he was ready to walk up on me until he has a second to size me up and realized he was mismatched. If that would have been the case and this guy would have tried to walk up on me with my 2 kids I wouldn’t have any choice but to beat this guy into blood foam convulsions in front of them. Thats fucked up. 
Long story short, I called SAPD and have connected with the Park Police and now have a supervisor on my phone in case the shit happens again. 
Fun note, the officer said I was well within in my rights to shoot anyone who I believe is going to attack me with my kids. He followed it up with “but that probably wouldn’t be best for you girls..”

yeah partner, no shit. 

• Hook 'Em 2

wow...that could have escalated quickly... I was thinking bumping chests, running mouths, and possibly an asswhoopin.

Someone wanting to start shit like that, with 2 little kids standing there, enjoying a walk in the park; is not gonna be reasonable in discussion.  It's pretty amazing that the idiot accepted your half-assed "sorry," which was way the fuck more than he deserved.

41 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

I was on a walk last week at the park with my twin 3 yr olds and a cyclist going the other way decided that we were taking up room much of the path and stopped, got off his bike and started yelling and swearing at us. His gf/wife stopped with him and was like “Tom Stop!!” in a wavering nervous voice. I just stood there looking at him trying to think about what I should do. He was threatening and scaring my kids. I ended up just saying “I’m sorry” and we walked off. 

normally I’d just forget shit like that, but couldn’t help but think about what would have happened if I had to hurt this guy in front of my kids. I mean, sure if he wants to embarrass himself acting like a fool is one thing but he was ready to walk up on me until he has a second to size me up and realized he was mismatched. If that would have been the case and this guy would have tried to walk up on me with my 2 kids I wouldn’t have any choice but to beat this guy into blood foam convulsions in front of them. Thats fucked up. 
Long story short, I called SAPD and have connected with the Park Police and now have a supervisor on my phone in case the shit happens again. 
Fun note, the officer said I was well within in my rights to shoot anyone who I believe is going to attack me with my kids. He followed it up with “but that probably wouldn’t be best for you girls..”

yeah partner, no shit. 

You did the right thing.  Walk away with kids present. Then have a talk with them once you get home about manners and how that guy didn't have any.  

Pulling that shit in front of kids shows what a fuck face the guy is.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

On 7/27/2020 at 11:08 PM, Helobious said:

Maybe it’s cause im a millennial, but I was pretty disappointed at how tame Blazing Saddles was the first time I saw it.

The first time I saw it, I thought it was supposed to be a serious Western.  Did not know that it was a comedy, going in.  Kinda fucked up the first viewing for me.  

Just now, fattyflattie said:

The first time I saw it, I thought it was supposed to be a serious Western.  Did not know that it was a comedy, going in.  Kinda fucked up the first viewing for me.  

So exactly how long did it take for you to realize it was a comedy, and not some obscenely racist western?

5 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

So exactly how long did it take for you to realize it was a comedy, and not some obscenely racist western?

Probably about the time they had to dock her pay, for sleeping on the job. 

Is your assertion that it isn’t a comedy,  albeit an obscenely racist one? 

15 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Probably about the time they had to dock her pay, for sleeping on the job. 

Is your assertion that it isn’t a comedy,  albeit an obscenely racist one? 

Uhhh ?  brah you said YOU thought it was a serious western, not me. I've known it was a comedy since I saw it as a kid. PRO TIP:  Mell Brooks only does comedies.

1 hour ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Uhhh ?  brah you said YOU thought it was a serious western, not me. I've known it was a comedy since I saw it as a kid. PRO TIP:  Mell Brooks only does comedies.

Sorry, I read your post wrong.  I didn't do any looking into it before I watched it.  Had a buddy from work, and that was his favorite movie.  It came out 9 years before I was born, so the only thing I ever knew of it was some one liners from this guy.  I always thought it was a Tombstone/310 to Yuma/etc type.   But it completely fucked me up, even once I realized it was a comedy (quickly).  I had to get in the right frame of mind and rewatch.  

43 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Sorry, I read your post wrong.  I didn't do any looking into it before I watched it.  Had a buddy from work, and that was his favorite movie.  It came out 9 years before I was born, so the only thing I ever knew of it was some one liners from this guy.  I always thought it was a Tombstone/310 to Yuma/etc type.   But it completely fucked me up, even once I realized it was a comedy (quickly).  I had to get in the right frame of mind and rewatch.  

No worries figured there was some loss of translation 

19 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

I don’t think Mel Brooks comedies are very funny at all. The only exception being the campfire fart scene & Mongo knocking the horse out in Blazing Saddles. And those were only funny the first time. Otherwise, nada.

Animal House was, and is, funny.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Armybrat said:

I don’t think Mel Brooks comedies are very funny at all. The only exception being the campfire fart scene & Mongo knocking the horse out in Blazing Saddles. And those were only funny the first time. Otherwise, nada.

Well it's all personal taste you don't like young Frankenstein ? 

The  fart scene is my least favorite, but like the Mongo scenes.

10 hours ago, Armybrat said:

I use this one around the house all the time.  Gets an eye roll every time.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Kennythetiger said:

I use this one around the house all the time.  Gets an eye roll every time.  

Here's my go to in lots of meetings lately:

Well, that and variations of this one:

Especially poignant after someone's audio feed is garbled during a video conference call.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, 52-80 said:

Running

When I was younger, and of course before some serious injuries, I loved running.   I can't tell you why, but enjoyed the hell out of it. Whether it was quick runs on the jobsites, or a casual run on my own time, I loved it.  Sorry I can't explain it.

((Would give anything to be able to do it again.)

• Like 1