Things you really just don't get...

immortal13

34 minutes ago, mulletpelini said:

and none of that was an an indicator of a comedy?

I'm not getting it.

I knew it was a comedy after about 5 mins.  I didnt know it was a comedy the 2 years before that, while I was hearing how epic this western was.  So I figured I had missed a HOF western.  But, alas, it was a comedy.  That's all. That's the entire story.  Didnt know it was a comedy, was expecting Tombstone/Yuma, got comedy.  Fin.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

When I was younger, and of course before some serious injuries, I loved running.   I can't tell you why, but enjoyed the hell out of it. Whether it was quick runs on the jobsites, or a casual run on my own time, I loved it.  Sorry I can't explain it.

((Would give anything to be able to do it again.)

Same. Mostly because it gives to time to clear you head. My knees/back continue to tell me those days are behind me. Now I walk & podcast, which isn't the same. Fuck getting old.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

I knew it was a comedy after about 5 mins.  I didnt know it was a comedy the 2 years before that, while I was hearing how epic this western was.  So I figured I had missed a HOF western.  But, alas, it was a comedy.  That's all. That's the entire story.  Didnt know it was a comedy, was expecting Tombstone/Yuma, got comedy.  Fin.

I think we've found the problem ...the use of French can be a dead give away....

11 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

When I was younger, and of course before some serious injuries, I loved running.   I can't tell you why, but enjoyed the hell out of it. Whether it was quick runs on the jobsites, or a casual run on my own time, I loved it.  Sorry I can't explain it.

((Would give anything to be able to do it again.)

I get it. Running is like breathing to me. Just part of life, and hard to live without. 

Maybe you still can ...

abr-ryan_middle_with_abr_team_members_bl

52 minutes ago, nnm said:

I get it. Running is like breathing to me. Just part of life, and hard to live without. 

Maybe you still can ...

abr-ryan_middle_with_abr_team_members_bl

Nope, really screwed up amputation with very subpar residual limb, although I can do a really ugly run/fast walk for about 6 steps.

Had I gone ahead and had it amputated in the beginning I definitely think I would be able to run.

Edited by SHOOTER12
  • Like 1

On 7/10/2020 at 9:50 AM, Underdog said:

Mountain Climbing

Off Roading

Getting high/drunk - I think it's rather childish behavior.  

Heartbreaking to see a gorgeous young lady with a heater.  

Have you ever been off roading?  It is kind of awesome if you know what you're doing.  

For better or worse, smoking gets less attractive with age.  A young 20-something hottie, smoking doesn't bother me and I'll overlook it.  A 40-plus-year-old smoking seems more gross like somebody who couldn't quit drugs and partying after college.  By then the ashtray smell is usually seeping from their pores.  

11 minutes ago, Bill Brasky said:

the fascination people have with hatch chile season  

I do appreciate the improved smell around the stores doing the roasting just outside the front entrances.  But yeah, why just in August?

4 hours ago, slorch said:

I do appreciate the improved smell around the stores doing the roasting just outside the front entrances.  But yeah, why just in August?

Because that’s when the harvest comes in. The towns in central/northern NM are saturated with that wonderful smell this time of year. One of the things I miss the most. And in northern NM, the weather has usually started to turn by mid-August also, so you get crisp mornings, with that distinct chile-roasting smell. Oh, how wonderful it is. 
And of course you can freeze and otherwise preserve it, and just like any other farm product, aren’t restricted to buying or eating it while in season. But the fresh-roasted stuff is by far the best, and August is when the harvest starts rolling in. 
Not everyone likes green chile. I’m ok with that. As for me and my house, we will serve the chile. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

When I was but a niño my tia would take me to watch them mate, the peppers. The smell, how you say, ano de lobo. Some times I look back on those days and I remember the migrant harvesters, young and old, shuffling through dusty streets to the Hatchery, working long hours in the cara del sol, preserving their heritage. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Boiled peanuts . . . 

Nossir, I don't like 'em.  Can't imagine why anyone would.  Guess that's why they make Bruton and Garrett.

Sounds I least want to hear, in order:

1.  "War Eagle" in any context;

2.  A human consuming boiled crawfish; and

3. A human consuming boiled peanuts.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bama Llama said:

Boiled peanuts . . . 

2.  A human consuming boiled crawfish

1. With you on that

2. buddy, if you’re at a crawfish boil and sober enough to think about it and break it down, just crack another beer.

Edited by Doc Reeves

8 hours ago, gail the snail said:

When I was but a niño my tia would take me to watch them mate, the peppers. The smell, how you say, ano de lobo. Some times I look back on those days and I remember the migrant harvesters, young and old, shuffling through dusty streets to the Hatchery, working long hours in the cara del sol, preserving their heritage. 

rep for ano de lobo.

30 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

buddy, if you’re at a crawfish boil and sober enough to think about it and break it down, just crack another beer.

Or just quit being a silver spoon pussy

• Hook 'Em 1

48 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Or just quit being a silver spoon pussy

Have crawfish boils become a upper-crust type event? 

the only reason I ever went to them is because people don’t call you an alcoholic if there is a pot of crawfish around for some reason

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

Have crawfish boils become a upper-crust type event? 

the only reason I ever went to them is because people don’t call you an alcoholic if there is a pot of crawfish around for some reason

"Just crack another beer (or quit being a silver spoon pussy)"

You lost me in translation.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Bama Llama said:

2.  A human consuming boiled crawfish; and

I don't remember them as a kid. Maybe we were too poor or too country. But in the last 5 years, everyone I know is batshit crazy about crawfish. Every week, someone is having a damn crawfish boil.

5 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

It is my unwavering and inflexible opinion that boiled peanuts are just a scam to fleece Yankee/foreign tourists because no sane person would ever buy them twice.

They suck. They give me symptoms of anaphylactic shock. My throat wants to close up on me when I eat them.  We got great peanuts here in Va. Jumbo, salted from the Virginia Diner.

Edited by Onboard 2.0

Buying an expensive bouquet of flowers that last a few days then die. 

Newspapers. My parents still get the AAS, yet read the news on their phone/watch the local news daily. 

People who can sleep without a fan. 

Shark-week. So hyped up,  yet most of the content is the same every year; well when I watched it years ago. It starts with Tyson vs  a great white tonight, the fuck??

Edited by hundredTT

19 minutes ago, DalTxHornFan said:

Good to know that I'm not alone, brother.

I married apparently the coldest woman in the universe. Many arguments about the fan making it too cold, so we compromised and I bought her some expensive ass down quilt or something, because I can't sleep in stagnant air. Her family is the same, I have to pack a portable fan on visits lol because their rooms don't even have a ceiling fan. And it's a nice home, I don't get it. 

Edited by hundredTT
  • Hook 'Em 4

I married apparently the coldest woman in the universe. Many arguments about the fan making it too cold, so we compromised and I bought her some expensive ass down quilt or something, because I can't sleep in stagnant air. Her family is the same, I have to pack a portable fan on visits lol because their rooms don't even have a ceiling fan. And it's a nice home, I don't get it. 

I bought and installed a ceiling fan in a friend’s guest room since we visit once a year.
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, hundredTT said:

Brother dated some Russian chick from the old country. He was forbidden to leave a window open or have a fan while he slept because wind will poison you as you sleep

On 8/2/2020 at 5:03 PM, Patricio Swayze said:

Americans that are infatuated with the English royal family. I don’t get it, at all.

If one has ancestors from England or Scotland, go far enough back and most will find Royal ancestry. Those fuckers liked to spread their seed everywhere in the Kingdom (other than Wales - those sheep shaggers). 

8 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:

Brother dated some Russian chick from the old country. He was forbidden to leave a window open or have a fan while he slept because wind will poison you as you sleep

seinfeldvoice/ "Wind Cancer!"  

On 8/10/2020 at 4:41 AM, Doc Reeves said:

This superstition is so strong in Korea, they have warning signs on the fans

fan.jpg

2011-07-24-17-52-01.jpg

The Germans also think AC leads to colds and flus...

Fucking Germans.  "Hey, let's invade the Soviet Union and endure four long winters.  Shouldn't effect our health.  But hey, shut your Zuhaus A/C off or you'll catch a cold."   

We're discussing spelling/vocabulary and the German invasion of the Soviet Union.  

We have truly crossed over into Grammar Nazis.  

I have no idea where I read it because I was half drunk, but it was this interesting article a few days ago. They plucked tens of thousands of samples from everything from message boards, to comments sections, to social media, to e-newsletters, etc.  We've all obviously read and written more in the last 6 months than we have for probably the 2 entire years before the 2020 pandemic.  Just because there were so many conversations we couldn't have in person, we had more time to read books, etc.  You get the idea.  Anyway, you'd think that our writing would have improved because we had more time, we had more exposure to vocabulary, we needed to be more precise for work purposes, etc.  But nope, we actually somehow got worse.  It also went on to discuss how English  is obviously evolving faster   than ever before with more people speaking it (more cooks in the kitchen, so to speak) and with more people learning it later in life, etc.  And how all the verbal fillers being used "Like, So, Whatever, et. al." and conjugating verbs incorrectly and all the other shit that chaps our hides, it actually takes longer to speak idiotically than it does to speak correctly.  We know that languages change, but they typically become more efficient in the process.  Ours is becoming less efficient as we get dumber and dumber.  Old man yells at cloud, I know.  But seriously listening to most people under 30 nowadays makes my fucking teeth itch.  How can one person use the word "like" 4 times in one sentence and have none of those instances be to describe them having regard for something.  If you can't think of your next word, just don't talk for a moment.  

Alright.........back to things I just really don't get.  Homophobia.  How can a person in the 21st century still think people choose to be gay?  You have to really fucking try to be that ignorant and completely ignore about 70% of the bible.  You think Mayor Lightfoot in Chicago just woke up one day in her 20's and thought, "It is just so goddamn easy to be a black woman in Chicago these days...what can I do to challenge myself?  Oh yeah, I'll throw gay in the mix."  

You have my admiration sir.  I’d be happy to support you at next year’s 5K run/walk.  Please send me the three-prong lapel ribbon in the meantime.  

awesome shirt, have some rep. 

somewhere out there is an oncology ward  RN who thought to close your hospital room window.  But they weren’t closing a window...they were opening a life.