Things you really just don't get...

immortal13

On 7/13/2020 at 12:32 PM, RDCanecutter said:

The "King Ranch" trucks crack me up. Are you a part-owner, slumming while not in your private jet to Buenos Aires for lunch? Or are you a servant, a snooty one, running errands for your King Ranch masters?

Have you ever been in one?

Driving behind someone as both they and you pull in from a busy street and into a parking lot only to have the idiot person in front of you come to a  full stop and leaving you hanging out into the street while the idiot decides "uh, hey, uh, err, uh, where'ma going?  I thort derr were a Chik-fil-a here.  I hazz coupon for nuggarts."

GTFOOTW!!!

On 7/15/2020 at 2:57 PM, Cheeseweasel said:

Because you touch yourself at night.

This is my response anytime there is a pause after someone asks a why question. It's involuntary at this point and i can't stop myself from doing it. It makes me laugh inside every time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, deadshank said:

Driving behind someone as both they and you pull in from a busy street and into a parking lot only to have the idiot person in front of you come to a  full stop and leaving you hanging out into the street while the idiot decides "uh, hey, uh, err, uh, where'ma going?  I thort derr were a Chik-fil-a here.  I hazz coupon for nuggarts."

GTFOOTW!!!

Now I blame that on you, they're paying attention to what is going on in front of them, not behind.  You saw what you were driving into.....

I get irritated at the ass end hanging in the street blocking my way!

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, mulletpelini said:

Now I blame that on you, they're paying attention to what is going on in front of them, not behind.  You saw what you were driving into.....

I get irritated at the ass end hanging in the street blocking my way!

This is a stupid take even for you, which is saying something. Go post more tits.

On 7/13/2020 at 12:32 PM, RDCanecutter said:

The "King Ranch" trucks crack me up. Are you a part-owner, slumming while not in your private jet to Buenos Aires for lunch? Or are you a servant, a snooty one, running errands for your King Ranch masters?

Sorry you can't afford one.  I love mine.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/15/2020 at 11:35 AM, Cheeseweasel said:

In 50 years, kids will think cursive is some ancient language

On 7/15/2020 at 12:06 PM, RDCanecutter said:

fify bc idk where tf u have been...

The kids are right. What's the fucking point of cursive anymore? Was it really faster for people to write that way? Maybe when we were using feathers and ink and it was needed to write while keeping the pen to paper the whole time. But why now? Is it worth the extra time you might theoretically save to deal with words that are often illegible? 

• Like 1

On 7/15/2020 at 2:40 PM, SimonBolivar said:

The core beliefs of Christianity

Why? Why does an omnipotent god have to sacrifice anything for the 2nd part of the sentence to be true? And how did he give up his son (who is also/and also isn't himself) if said son is now in heaven with his father?

Edited by 'stache

14 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

Oh look at Mr. Fancy Latin Class Pants.

I learned my Latin in the streets, yo.

PS: You're lucky. I took Basic and Fortran classes.

Arma virumque cano, Troiae qui primus ab oris. 35 years later and I still remember the opening from the Aeneid. 

And yeah. I took Fortran too. Engineers YO!

Hold my cerevisiam, here goes: Omnia Gallia in tres partes divisa est.

D'oh. It's really

omnia gallia divisa est in partes tres

I bet the rank-and-file said it my way.

Fortran was 3% of the reason I did not become an Engineer. The other 97% had something to do with being lazy as hell.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

Hold my cerevisiam, here goes: Omnia Gallia in tres partes divisa est.

D'oh. It's really

omnia gallia divisa est in partes tres

I bet the rank-and-file said it my way.

Fortran was 3% of the reason I did not become an Engineer. The other 97% had something to do with being lazy as hell.

It's probably the first one, est (is) is the verb. Latin word order calls for the verb at the end. 

And yeah, I guess Gaul is divided in three parts, but none of that matters in MMXX 

13 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

It's probably the first one, est (is) is the verb. Latin word order calls for the verb at the end. 

And yeah, I guess Gaul is divided in three parts, but none of that matters in MMXX 

That's what I thought too, but the second version was the one Caesar wrote. Damn Roman tryna flex on me.

I read somewhere that half the things we "know" about Latin, like verbs coming last, was actually made up by old-timey schoolteachers while they caned and buggered students way back when.