Almond butter

11 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

i liked the stuff you would grind yourself at heb but i'm guessing that's probably not happening during covid.Ā  the stuff in jars is trash though.

And this applies to all nut butters

Edited by Hank_Hill

21 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

i liked the stuff you would grind yourself at heb but i'm guessing that's probably not happening during covid.Ā  the stuff in jars is trash though.

This. The fresh ground at HEB/CM is the only way to eat almond butter. Lasts about two weeks in the pantry and is quite tasty.Ā  I'll sometimes mixĀ 1/3 of the container with the fresh ground honey roasted butter for even more awesomeness.

Edited by Dutch

8 hours ago, Dutch said:

I'll sometimes mixĀ 1/3 of the container with the fresh ground honey roasted butter for even more awesomeness.

yeah the mixing is key. Ā cashews, peanuts, almonds, hazelnuts, pecans, even brazilĀ nuts, throw them in the vitamix, drizzle a bunch of honey over it and grind that shit into heaven.

also, pecan butter is the best individual butter.Ā 

2 hours ago, futureman said:

yeah the mixing is key. Ā cashews, peanuts, almonds, hazelnuts, pecans, even brazilĀ nuts, throw them in the vitamix, drizzle a bunch of honey over it and grind that shit into heaven.

also, pecan butter is the best individual butter.Ā 

How's the consistency of pecan butter. That's my biggest beef with that almond shit. It's like you could pour it out of the jar.

31 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

How's the consistency of pecan butter. That's my biggest beef with that almond shit. It's like you could pour it out of the jar.

it varies much like almond butter. Ā there are some good brands on amazon though. Ā and good recipes online if you have a decent blender. Ā add a little sugar to it and itā€™s like pecan pie butter šŸ‘ŒĀ