Palm Springs

Liked it, solid covid isolation movie for us.

Had a wtf moment at the end before they threw in the mid credits scene.

I love me some Samberg and his antics.

Liked this chick despite not knowing much about her. She kinda had a mouth/smile that resembles an old ex. I liked it.

Lots of “I know that person” through out this movie.

I liked the wrinkle thrown into the Groundhog Day/time loop scenario

I really enjoyed this movie.  Thanks for the recommendation.
Of the same day time loop movies I'd put it second behind Groundhog Day, but ahead of Happy Death Day and Edge of Tomorrow.

All 4 of those are quality imo, strangely enough. I loved Palm Springs but putting it ahead of Edge of Tomorrow is tough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

17 minutes ago, wutang75 said:

All 4 of those are quality imo, strangely enough. I loved Palm Springs but putting it ahead of Edge of Tomorrow is tough.

Yeah, I was gonna say I liked all of them.  I've always liked the concept of how tiny decisions in your day can change everything for you, which of course these movies emphasize.

If I'm ranking I go Groundhog, Palm, Edge, Death.  I think you could argue about any of the last three for second place, and your preference may depend on if you like horror, action or comedy.   

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Not a cat said:

Yeah, I was gonna say I liked all of them.  I've always liked the concept of how tiny decisions in your day can change everything for you, which of course these movies emphasize.

If I'm ranking I go Groundhog, Palm, Edge, Death.  I think you could argue about any of the last three for second place, and your preference may depend on if you like horror, action or comedy.   

You can add the Russian dolls show from netflix 

• Like 1

On 7/10/2020 at 4:28 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

Available now on Hulu. It’s very good. Imagine Groundhog Day at a wedding in Palm Springs. 

Cristin Milioti is terrific. It’s good to see her get another shot after that disastrous final season of How I Met Your Mother. 

Ha. What?  She’s great in everything. Who gives a fuck about that show? What was that 10 years ago? Grow up. 

9 hours ago, wutang75 said:

Oh shit. I just watched The Old Guard. It brings a terrifying thought to the whole Groundhog Day life. When you watch it you will know what I’m talking about.

That whole scene was nightmare fuel for me.  Awful.

• Like 1

Really enjoyed this movie. Milloti was absolutely wonderful and the perfect buffer for Samberg. I like Andy and hopefully he's learning how to reel it in a la Steve Martin, Tom Hanks and Jim Carey. He's got the talent to be something special.

Was quick, can't remember if that was definitely 3 days or if there was an implied greater than 3 days, but even if it was I think they did a reasonably good job of setting up why a) she could have been near the end of her rope anyways and b) reliving that day in particular over and over again might have pushed her there quicker.

When she was trying to do Groundhog's Day solution to the problem, I'm not sure if it is clear what she told her sister. There was a later revealed secret that could have been it, but I'm not sure if that fits the criteria for what she was trying to accomplish and I'm also not sure if the reaction was right for that to have been what she told her sister.

Was quick, can't remember if that was definitely 3 days or if there was an implied greater than 3 days, but even if it was I think they did a reasonably good job of setting up why a) she could have been near the end of her rope anyways and b) reliving that day in particular over and over again might have pushed her there quicker.
When she was trying to do Groundhog's Day solution to the problem, I'm not sure if it is clear what she told her sister. There was a later revealed secret that could have been it, but I'm not sure if that fits the criteria for what she was trying to accomplish and I'm also not sure if the reaction was right for that to have been what she told her sister.

Yeah the wife and I read that wedding scene as her telling her sister.

Also I think it was implied that they were having fun and ducking around for an extended period of time. Which is why he fell in love with her despite having dicked around thousands of time before she pooped in.

We watched it last night. Really enjoyed it. The wife was curious if the old lady who came up and told them individually that each gave the best wedding speech she's ever heard had also been stuck in the loop there. She based it on her saying "you'll be leaving soon", as if the old lady knew she was going to get out of the loop because she did something different. 

Edited by mdmost

2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

The wife was curious if the old lady who came up and told them individually that each gave the best wedding speech she's ever heard had also been stuck in the loop there. She based it on her saying "you'll be leaving soon", as if the old lady knew she was going to get out of the loop because she did something different. 

Damnit, now I have to watch it again. Not like that's a bad thing.

9 minutes ago, mdmost said:

We watched it last night. Really enjoyed it. The wife was curious if the old lady who came up and told them individually that each gave the best wedding speech she's ever heard had also been stuck in the loop there. She based it on her saying "you'll be leaving soon", as if the old lady knew she was going to get out of the loop because she did something different. 

I thought she was definitely in the loop when I saw that exchange.

I enjoyed it. Nothing amazing, but it is definitely a good quarantine time-waster. Did everyone see the scene during the credits with Simmons and Sandberg? If you didn't, it's worth going back to watch.

And the old lady was definitely stuck in the time loop. I'm surprised that some of you think she was not.

On 7/15/2020 at 9:37 PM, Speedtrucker said:

Speaking of the soundtrack, wasn’t there a reznor or Atticus Ross sounding song when she was doing the physics learning montage?

Or am I losing my mind.

I also spotified the soundtrack

You talking about "The Brazilian" by Genesis?