Summer Transfer Window 2020

JNip

On 7/20/2020 at 1:06 PM, Schulz2.0 said:

Tottenham the likely landing spot for Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg. Everton are also trying.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/07/20/tottenham-edging-everton-capture-signature-southamptonspierre/

You can have him. Not a bad player, but not indispensable. I would say inconsistency is his biggest issue. Soton is wanting £25 million though.

On 7/20/2020 at 1:06 PM, Schulz2.0 said:

Tottenham the likely landing spot for Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg. Everton are also trying.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/07/20/tottenham-edging-everton-capture-signature-southamptonspierre/

I think Saints need to stop naming team captains.

Lallana , FonteVan Dijk, PEH

It's like having a target on their backs.

https://www.vavel.com/en/international-football/2020/07/27/germany-bundesliga/1030052-southampton-liverpool-leicester-and-newcastle-united-reportedly-interested-in-weston-mckennie.html

Southampton, Liverpool, Leicester and Newcastle United reportedly interested in Weston McKennie

• my guess - not ready for Liverpool. Leicester is an attractive destination and probably has the inside track. However, Southampton I think would be a good fit for his age, skill level, and if he wants a lot of playing time. and Newcastle? no, why?

14 minutes ago, yoladu said:

He should be well rested. 

played a total of 1,074 minutes over 3 years / an average of 4 full matches a year.

The worst thing that happened to SOTON is Rodgers being fired at LFC. He bought all your dross. Lallana, Clyne, Lovren and Lambert were all overpriced duds. 

• Like 1

They weren't dross as far as Soton was concerned. They were starters on a club that finished 8th (Lallana, Lovren, Lambert) in 2013-2014 and 7th (Clyne) in 2014-2015. 

but yeah, the money received from Liverpool from those transfers allowed Saints to purchase even better players (Mane, VVD) - finishing above Liverpool in 2015-2016 in 6th place! Good times! With money and good recruiting, we are bumping up against the big boys!!!

And then, of course, Liverpool took those players, too.

Without purchasing "the dross", Soton would have never been able to afford purchasing Liverpool's future "cream".

[and then, inevitably, Soton screwed the pooch on further player (and manager) recruitment in subsequent years, skirted with relegation, and Liverpool lost interest when that well ran dry]

so yeah, i get a wee bit sensitive when Liverpool supporters suggest Soton owes good ole benevolent Liverpool a great big thank you.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, maninblack said:

The worst thing that happened to SOTON is Rodgers being fired at LFC. He bought all your dross. Lallana, Clyne, Lovren and Lambert were all overpriced duds. 

Clyne was an above average right back For two years until he had a serious injury. Lovren was a fine ROI as well. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, yoladu said:

You can have him. Not a bad player, but not indispensable. I would say inconsistency is his biggest issue. Soton is wanting £25 million though.

I don't see any way they get £25m in this financial situation for a guy with 1 year left on his contract. Everton want him as well, buy even Everton writers are saying ther valuation of him is no where near £25m. There's also the fact that you guys want to sign Walker-Peters.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

I don't see any way they get £25m in this financial situation for a guy with 1 year left on his contract. Everton want him as well, buy even Everton writers are saying ther valuation of him is no where near £25m. There's also the fact that you guys want to sign Walker-Peters.

Good points. And yes, Soton really wants Walker-Peters. (He played very well for Saints while on loan during the restart). Gives Tottenham some good leverage on PEH.

1 hour ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Spurs agree to fee with Southampton for Hojbjerg.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/53664325

some reports are saying Spurs upped their bid for PEH from £15m to £20m, while KWP stayed at £12m

that is a pretty big deal!!!

That might allow Soton the flexiblity to buy another need having that extra £5m. Really amazing!