Summer Transfer Window 2020

JNip

Link

Chelsea, who are close to strengthening their attack by signing Kai Havertz from Bayer Leverkusen, are also looking for a new left-back and there is growing confidence that they will be successful in their pursuit of Ben Chilwell. While Leicester will demand a high price for Chilwell, sources believe the England defender will secure a move to Stamford Bridge this summer.

1 hour ago, Schulz2.0 said:

£50m seems like a lot for Chilwell.

Probably. TM has him at $44 right now but he's been as high as $55.

But we are desperate at that position - and he's young. All he has to do is not suck, really, and I am fine with overpaying a bit. 

Havertz is the one that I'm worried about spending too much on. It sounds like Bayer are trying to squeeze us. It's kind of a question of waiting for our front to develop or trying to skip the growth curve with a big signing. If Pulisic continues to struggle with staying healthy, though, we will need the first-option depth.

Part of the renewed Chilwell push is that Sergio Reguilon signed on with Kia Joorabchian and Real will demand a buyback clause in his contract. 

The combination of KJ and the contract obviously makes Arsenal the most likely destination.

Edited by texifornia

Barcelona really picked the worst time to rebuild. They may be able to spend big on one player but that won’t be enough for next season.

Messi doesn’t have a team built around him to win, that’s clear. If Messi stays one more year, he can go for free or any club that he picks. If Barça sell him this summer, Barcelona will have at least 200M€ to buy new players. 

Very curious to follow Barcelona’s summer transfer season.

On 8/21/2020 at 9:20 PM, Firemans4Horn said:

FFP is dead. Long live FFP. 

Chillwell is great going forward not sure he and 36 year old Thiago Silva are going to help keep Frank from shipping goals next season. 

I'd be shocked if Silva is more than a veteran presence in the locker room to help build up the likes of Rudiger, Zouma, Christensen and Tomori. He might get some run in the League Cup, but I imagine Lampard offered him the same role he offered Geezer who decided to move on.

1 minute ago, MoJames said:

I'd be shocked if Silva is more than a veteran presence in the locker room to help build up the likes of Rudiger, Zouma, Christensen and Tomori. He might get some run in the League Cup, but I imagine Lampard offered him the same role he offered Geezer who decided to move on.

Good depth insurance, too. I'd be fine with Silva playing a few games in a tough stretch while other guys get fit.

1 hour ago, JNip said:

Barcelona really picked the worst time to rebuild. They may be able to spend big on one player but that won’t be enough for next season.

Messi doesn’t have a team built around him to win, that’s clear. If Messi stays one more year, he can go for free or any club that he picks. If Barça sell him this summer, Barcelona will have at least 200M€ to buy new players. 

Very curious to follow Barcelona’s summer transfer season.

Barca's broke. They need to sell to buy anything. The problem is they have a bunch of old dudes on big contracts.

15 minutes ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

We aren't getting Oblak.  Also, Mount will feature in there somewhere.  

In the starting XI if those 4 are healthy? I doubt it. Maybe every once in awhile or if someone is injured (i.e. when Pulisic gets injured)