Wayfair - Child Sex Trafficking

LebongJames

But I'm sure Snopes is in on it. If enough morons spread something on Twitter, Reddit, and Facebook, the people prone to believe conspiracy theories will run with it as gospel.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/wayfair-trafficking-children/

I'll look for it on Twitter but I'm pretty sure one of the teens that was used as a picture of a missing teen that was supposedly being sold was in fact a normal teen who who didn't understand why her picture was being used and was in fact fine and not sold as a sex slave. 

Edited by mdmost

3 minutes ago, mdmost said:

But I'm sure Snopes is in on it. If enough morons spread something on Twitter, Reddit, and Facebook, the people prone to believe conspiracy theories will run with it as gospel.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/wayfair-trafficking-children/

I'll look for it on Twitter but I'm pretty sure one of the teens that was used as a picture of a missing teen that was supposedly being sold was in fact a normal teen who who didn't understand why her picture was being used and was in fact fine and not sold as a sex slave. 

That last part isn’t surprising. The conspiracy theorist don’t care who gets hurt, whether a teen on the internet or a pizza place. 

Wait. So do these “only one left” cabinets really share the name of missing kids?  That should be easy enough to verify. 
I've seen some screenshots that show that but they could easily be photoshopped. And one of the girls was found alive and well. The prices are strange though, $10k pillows and ikea level cabinets. Hope it doesn't affect the stock price, wayfair has been good to me the last few months

3 hours ago, LebongJames said:

I have completely dismissed it but my wife and SIL think there is something to it. My wife is normally pretty level headed but this has me thinking she is crazy for believing this.

https://www.businessinsider.com/wayfair-denies-sex-trafficking-claims-involving-expensive-cabinets-2020-7

Get her to put that crazy shit in writing, then divorce her ass.

if you got kids, you can use that to get custody.

How many times are people going to fall for this conspiracy stuff?  I'm glad to see it's at least being laughed off of this board for the most part.

Seriously, how many times can people be bamboozled by stuff that sounds like utter nonsense just because you read it somewhere online?  Please put on your critical thinking hat before you run into a Wayfair distribution center and try to set it on fire or shoot up the place to free the children.  Don't kill someone or go to prison because you fell for something ridiculous online.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tom said:

How many times are people going to fall for this conspiracy stuff?  I'm glad to see it's at least being laughed off of this board for the most part.

Seriously, how many times can people be bamboozled by stuff that sounds like utter nonsense just because you read it somewhere online?  Please put on your critical thinking hat before you run into a Wayfair distribution center and try to set it on fire or shoot up the place to free the children.  Don't kill someone or go to prison because you fell for something ridiculous online.

I’d say quarantine has made us stupider but the bar was already really low 

Considering 800,000 kids are reported missing in the US every year, almost certainly. 

And 99% of those are recovered -

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-missing-children/missing-children-in-u-s-nearly-always-make-it-home-alive-idUSBRE83P14020120426

And of those 800,00, only 115 are stranger abduction cases.

8fdc6165fc9f73182745d7369a137d3b.jpg

Don’t fall for the bullshit moral panic statistics.
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, BurntEyes said:

Not sure, but I took part in the Devil worshipping drug addled D&D parties with heavy metàl music when I was 10. We played the game, did a bunch of lines of cocaine and then sacrificed a virgin on an alter all while listening to Iron Maiden. 

I'm just really lucky I didn't grow up in West Memphis, for a lot of fucking reasons.

I remember those guys.  Always talking backwards. 

17 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

And 99% of those are recovered -

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-missing-children/missing-children-in-u-s-nearly-always-make-it-home-alive-idUSBRE83P14020120426

And of those 800,00, only 115 are stranger abduction cases.

8fdc6165fc9f73182745d7369a137d3b.jpg

Don’t fall for the bullshit moral panic statistics.

I wasn’t. Quite the opposite. My point was with a sample that large, of course those names are those of children reported missing at some point.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, hookemATL said:

Well it’s a qanon fueled online conspiracy, so take from that what you will. I’m not gonna say they are dumbfucks for giving it any creedence, but if the drool sopping bib fits...

20 minutes ago, Royalfan5 said:

I don’t know why people need to believe that pedo stuff is always tied to some grand conspiracy, when it usually someone trusted doing it, or people trafficking themselves to a sex tourism haven to exploit poverty instead of moving the kids

There is a reason why aggy loves qanon.  TexAgs has a fucking 872-page thread on qanon.   https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/2921132/0 and Billy Luicci lets them post that 4chan make-believe shit.

It's like the perfect example of how to describe aggy football to somebody from outside of Texas.

Out-of-stater:  "So tell me about Texas A&M football."

Me: "Their semi-official sports forum, TexAgs, has a massive qanon thread and it's allowed by the site owners."

Out-of-stater: "Qanon, the 4chan conspiracy people that have never gotten anything right and they just make shit up?"

Me: "Yep"

Out-of-stater: spacer.png

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Royalfan5 said:

I don’t know why people need to believe that pedo stuff is always tied to some grand conspiracy, when it usually someone trusted doing it, or people trafficking themselves to a sex tourism haven to exploit poverty instead of moving the kids

Yep. 
As to why people believe that- bc they are idiots. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Foosters said:

Don't know if this is the right thread for this, but coincidentally I recently ordered cabinets from Wayfair much like these for a storage area in the garage. 

When they arrived, 2 kids spilled out? I had them install the cabinets but does anyone know what I'm supposed to do with them now?

11 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Were the kids fully assembled?

How old, are they potty trained, and what is their disposition?  Did they come with registration/warranty/instructions in English or Spanish?  If somebody's wife was thinking about another kid, and that somebody decided to he would consider adoption to skip over the whole first couple of years, would a Surly lawyer somehow be able to set that up?

And how well built are the kids and do they have any seasonal allergies relating to juniper?  Would they say....be able to help clear a few acres of cedar outside of Austin?

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I wasn’t. Quite the opposite. My point was with a sample that large, of course those names are those of children reported missing at some point.

Ah, gotcha. My bad.

The Center For Missing and Exploited Children have a great mission but the numbers they tout are the worst kind of manipulation.

Don’t get me started on the Sex Trafficking Warning Signs garbage or the way prosecutors have warped the sex trafficking laws for prosecution purposes.