30 Rock reunion show on Thursday

Red Five

Not everyone will see the “30 Rock” reunion that will air Thursday on NBC. Multiple station groups are preempting the hour-long special, which will double as an advertisement for NBCUniversal’s 2020-21 programming and its new streaming service, Peacock.

The full list of stations that are choosing to preempt the special come from station groups Gray Television, Hearst, Nexstar, Tegna and Sinclair Broadcast Group, an individual with knowledge of the situation told TheWrap. While it’s not clear exactly how many of the stations are skipping the special, those collectively represent about half of NBC’s footprint.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/multiple-nbc-affiliates-won-t-210105715.html

Mine, too.  Because if I don't get to see it tomorrow night in real time, I'm gonna smack an NBC bitch.  

Unless this is all some clever ruse by Kabletown to reveal their new streaming service, "Pisscock"  

If it was all a contrivance, I called it first.  

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Screw that.  Skipping the reunion of one of the best sitcoms of all time to air a commercial for their streaming service?  I already set my DVR to record, so luckily it's showing in DFW.

I think it's the opposite - stations not airing this are purposely doing so to NOT advertise Peacock. This special is part of a Peacock ad, it's introducing the service and shows on it and new shows coming out. 

For those that didn't follow the link

The show will then be rebroadcast on Friday across USA Network, Bravo, E!, Oxygen, SYFY, and CNBC as well as available to stream on Peacock.

Looks like about 1/2 of the non NBC owned stations aren't going to run it.

1 hour ago, kevwun said:

KXAN was one of them, the bastards.  Hopefully it will be on hulu or the NBC app on Roku.

Yeah, but now you know all these great travel destinations in Texas!

<<< watches the wheel during dinner and always catch what comes on NBC at 7pm

Well, I figured out how fast-fwd works on Peacock at least. Like so many quarantine-made shows, I give them full props for the effort and providing us brief glimpses of the past magic. I'll sacrifice Kenneth being not funny for everyone else being pretty much spot on from the heyday.

• Fuck You 1

On 7/15/2020 at 9:37 AM, The Ace of Aces said:

I think it's the opposite - stations not airing this are purposely doing so to NOT advertise Peacock. This special is part of a Peacock ad, it's introducing the service and shows on it and new shows coming out. 

Right on.  I enjoyed it for what it was, but this was an hour long commercial for Peacock with Peacock commercials thrown in the middle of it.  I guess I still enjoyed seeing most of the characters coming back, even if it was forced.  Meh...