Vince Young Just Posted This to Instagram

Vic Mackey

2 hours ago, Helobious said:

I would say this is lame and he should be above that. But then again in recent years you see so many people of prominence and success post petty/stupid shit on social media, maybe it’s just a new norm. I weep for our future. /rant

In this case, Vince isn’t wrong. Fuck Jeff Fisher. Worthless motherfucker. 

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Helobious said:

I would say this is lame and he should be above that. But then again in recent years you see so many people of prominence and success post petty/stupid shit on social media, maybe it’s just a new norm. I weep for our future. /rant

How is it lame? Petty? Perhaps, but it's actually a good meme. Jeff Fisher had squandered an incredible amount of offensive talent throughout his career. It's not a coincidence that McVay immediately turned a boring and terrible 4-12 team into a 11-5 team that was fun to watch. I can't help but believe that the McNair/George years could've been better with a competent head coach in place.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

It is pretty incredible, looking back, how just legit bad JF was as a coach. When I was a kid I though he was just a few pieces away from doing something great. Now, I realize that that was a sign of his ineptitude and mediocrity

And the sad thing as a Cowboys fan, is that Jason Garrett could only hope and aspire to have the success Jeff Fisher had in his career.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Chad said:

How is it lame? Petty? Perhaps, but it's actually a good meme. Jeff Fisher had squandered an incredible amount of offensive talent throughout his career. It's not a coincidence that McVay immediately turned a boring and terrible 4-12 team into a 11-5 team that was fun to watch. I can't help but believe that the McNair/George years could've been better with a competent head coach in place.

Yep. This is why so many Dallas fans wanted Garrett gone for so long. He wasted so much talent. And his offensive schemes were junk. The same for Fisher. Goff would have been trash if Fisher had stayed and McVey never came on board. He definitely regressed last year, though. But still, McVey came in and right away, they were legit and contenders.

Fisher was apart of the good ol boys club in the NFL and was untouchable for so long. Not sure if he gets another HC job but it would not surprise me.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Helobious said:

If he was still in the league I would 100% agree but years later? I mean doing that is hardly new. For centuries once a war was over all the generals would publish memoirs blaming each other for everything that went wrong. If by recent years you mean from the Romans to present you might be right. Are you some kind of ancient Sumerian vampire or something?

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Chad said:

Yeah, if it's petty, then I'd be petty about it, too. If that dumbass had done to my career what he did to VY's, I'm sure I'd have been a lot less restrained than VY has been.

• Like 3

no, it’s petty and childish.  vince is a grown ass man and has been for nearly two decades.  he needs to accept responsibility for the way his life turned out and move on.  and none of that excuses jeff fisher for his role in things even a little bit.  but it’s still petty of vince. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 4

On 7/12/2020 at 9:09 PM, Helobious said:

In most cases I agree, but Standing Rule #10: "Fuck Jeff Fisher" overrules any objections I have to such petty shit.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Goff is trash regardless. He is one of the worst starting QBs in football.

He might regress to trash but the turn around from Fisher to McVey was a complete 180. Rams became a contender those 2 years and got to the Super Bowl the second year. I don't think he is trash but definitely not great.

• Like 2

Fisher benefited from having Bud Adams as his owner for many of years. Bud would never fire him and pay out the rest of his contract. How many of Fisher’s winning seasons were in the last 2 years of his contract?

He’s the Albert Haynesworth of coaches.