Told to wear a mask dude gets stabby & ends up dead

Wally Fairway

I was in a drive in store (had to go in to pay for gas because pump was borked) a few weeks ago. Three customers ahead of me in line had no masks. I nor the masked clerk said anything to them...... as long as they stayed away from me. Plus I do not converse with obviously stupid strangers.

Edited by Armybrat
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

He was only armed with a knife.  Why couldn't they just taze him from out of arms reach?

This is a joke, right? 

Did you even see the video? 

Someone, Christopher Walken perhaps, said that you can close a 20 foot gap in the time it takes someone to pull a gun. 

Use of lethal force here was entirely justified, imo. And karma justified, too. One less dirtbag in the world. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Asithappens said:

This is a joke, right? 

Someone, Christopher Walken perhaps, said that you can close a 20 foot gap in the time it takes someone to pull a gun. 

Use of lethal force here was entirely justified, imo. And karma justified, too. One less dirtbag in the world. 

Obviously you aren't the Waco Kid.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

Sucks this old dude got stuck, but come on....you are going to get into words at a gas station with a complete stranger over a mask?  He didn't get stabbed over "a mask"...he got stabbed because he interjected himself into someone else's business.  I've seen shootings on Greenville (Dallas) over cab fare outside the Royal Rack Room (pool hall).  Doesn't have to be much to get someone spun up.  You never know if the person you are barking at is at the absolute end of their rope....as it seems this kid was.  

Bitch at Kroger yesterday kept getting close to me with her mask half way down her face so this hits close to home.

5 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

Bitch at Kroger yesterday kept getting close to me with her mask half way down her face so this hits close to home.

Careful you don't get your ass kicked by someone's mom who goes to Yoga x3/week and rides a Peloton.  

4 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

Should have used the line I used on 5 unmasked Orcabitches that I met in the motel hallway yesterday,  "I'll bet if I started coughing and hacking like a maniac people would put their damned masks on"

1 hour ago, Asithappens said:

This is a joke, right? 

You're talking about a study the FBI did on "21ft".  Also called the "Tueller Drill".  It's been debated as to it's efficacy and reliability, but basically (according to the study) a perp can cover 21 feet in the time it takes you to draw your weapon, acquire the target, and squeeze the trigger.  Most people over-estimate how quickly they can get on a trigger and under-estimate how quickly someone can be in your face.  

2 hours ago, Foosters said:

Edit: I'll move on. @Wally Fairway articulated what I was trying to say. Yes, there's nuance. I reacted a certain way because I perceived blame being shifted on the victim for requesting someone wear a mask. I don't see that as "initiating a confrontation."

I would agree with @BabaYaga that without knowing more about how it went down, we're all just speculating on the level of risk inherent in making that request.

If you watch the second to last video on the link, which is a press conference with a state trooper, the trooper says that the old guy said something to the stabber in the store about not wearing, and then the clerk at the store refused the stabber service.  The old man had left the store and was out front when the stabber came out, likely pissed. According to the trooper the old man said something again to the guy and this time he pulled a knife.  So yeah, sounds like he snapped.

Really shitty deal, but it sounds like the old guy may have said one thing too much.

5 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

He was only armed with a knife.  Why couldn't they just taze him from out of arms reach?

funny how almost every cop in every country in the world is taught how to handle a knife wielding lunatic, but here in the states having a knife is always worthy of being shot by a gun from your right hip, even when your left hip has a fucking taser on it. 

in this case from England from 2015-2016, the Tommies waited until they had the numbers and the ballistic shields and converged and took this guy down without anyone getting seriously hurt.

This exact same scenario happens in the US 10s of times a year, and in the majority of those cases, it results in 20 bullets being fired into the guy instead.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

You absolutely have the right to remain silent, and carry a bigger knife. Or.. you know, one of those things that propels lead based on a technology riffed from the Chinese who were just using it for entertainment purposes because they are a civil culture and never lie cheat or steal.

Is it racist to get rid of guns?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BurntEyes said:
You absolutely have the right to remain silent, and carry a bigger knife. Or.. you know, one of those things that propels lead based on a technology riffed from the Chinese who were just using it for entertainment purposes because they are a civil culture and never lie cheat or steal.

Like one of these?2c55126ed6b7ba9500b2421ed5154e25.jpg

Edited by SHOOTER12
  • Like 2

Spoiler

This new report has the a clip from the officers body cam, as well as the same clip from MSP twitter that 3 putt posted yesterday

https://www.wilx.com/2020/07/14/heavy-police-presence-in-delta-township/

Here is the body cam video, which the sheriff dept released yesterday (spoilering because you can see someone being shot)
Also looks like her weapon jammed 

https://www.facebook.com/EatonCountySheriff/videos/268013927833598/

Note - this is spoilered because you will see some one shot in the linked videos - don't open and go to the link unless you are prepared to see that

14 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

funny how almost every cop in every country in the world is taught how to handle a knife wielding lunatic, but here in the states having a knife is always worthy of being shot by a gun from your right hip, even when your left hip has a fucking taser on it. 

in this case from England from 2015-2016, the Tommies waited until they had the numbers and the ballistic shields and converged and took this guy down without anyone getting seriously hurt.

This exact same scenario happens in the US 10s of times a year, and in the majority of those cases, it results in 20 bullets being fired into the guy instead.

Look dammit, if they don't use this years bullet supply they get less the next fiscal year....

14 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

Fixed.... And the FBI is full of pansies who have shitty shot placement and thought 9mm was not powerful enough but found 10mm to be too much recoil so the demanded a 10mm kurtz, and every police force in the US lemminged them when they should have just run a James Bond pistol with 380 so they wouldn't hurt themselves.

LOL, yeah the .40 S&W is a shit-show.  But the caliber Olympics never rest.  Lapua, Creedmoor, Wyldie, Etc.  It was a solution is search of a problem.  Utilizing cooked up research based upon cavitation and penetration and that shootout in Miami back in the 80's.  

21 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

And I'm just fucking shocked you completely missed the point that when you involve yourself in the matters of a complete stranger you put yourself at risk....

The problem in this case is that "the matters of a complete stranger" potentially impacts everyone else in the room.  It's not like he got pissed at the guy for not parking within the lines or some shit. 

18 hours ago, Asithappens said:

This is a joke, right? 

I was just about to click my support of this post, except this was obviously Suicide-By-Cop. This person was not thinking right and the mental anguish was at a breaking point. That doesn't make him a dirtbag, it makes him someone that needs help. And we need an infrastructure in this country that can give him the right kind of help.

However, yes, justified use of force and she has huge balls. Nice rack and tap (not talking about her tits).

1 hour ago, Wally Fairway said:
  Hide contents

This new report has the a clip from the officers body cam, as well as the same clip from MSP twitter that 3 putt posted yesterday

https://www.wilx.com/2020/07/14/heavy-police-presence-in-delta-township/

Here is the body cam video, which the sheriff dept released yesterday (spoilering because you can see someone being shot)
Also looks like her weapon jammed 

https://www.facebook.com/EatonCountySheriff/videos/268013927833598/

Note - this is spoilered because you will see some one shot in the linked videos - don't open and go to the link unless you are prepared to see that

Almost looks like Fast Zombie Dude is coming at her with a screwdriver in each hand.

I’m not saying you’re saying this, but while I agree he needs help, that’s his problem. When he enters society with mental issues and becomes stabby and charges a cop, he’s society’s problem and needs to be eliminated. LOL at all the critics here who are armchairing that she should’ve tasered. Fuck. That. Kill him. World is better off. 

I think they are being sarcastic in light of what happened in Atlanta.

2 minutes ago, Hate said:

I think they are being sarcastic in light of what happened in Atlanta.

Yeah....I don't think anyone here is saying this wasn't a good shooting.  It was.  Dude came at her fast with a weapon, in spite of orders to drop it.  100% justified shooting.

And was the dude mentally ill?  I don't fucking know.  That's a whole 'nother problem.  Our society is so fucked up that it's often impossible to tell the difference between "mentally unbalanced" vs. "just a fucking asshole."  Of course, once it gets to that point -- charging at close range with a weapon -- the diagnosis doesn't much matter.

Really, was this guy actually mentally ill, or just a fucking abrasive, abusive, entitled asshole?  

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah....I don't think anyone here is saying this wasn't a good shooting.  It was.  Dude came at her fast with two weapons, in spite of orders to drop it.  100% justified shooting.

Really, was this guy actually mentally ill, or just a fucking abrasive, abusive, entitled asshole?  

Third option: he was secret Grand Master of Unmasked Double Screwdriver style martial art. [mouth keeps moving after audio ends]

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Perhaps they view it as a good shoot in the eyes of Michigan law, but I’ve seen multiple people critical of their tactics, citing lack of use of taser and linking the famous Brit police / machete guy video. I think these are ridiculous critiques. Every time I see that video, I wanna post this:

spacer.png

I think the criticisms you saw were from before the video was released.  The video makes it clear that a retreat/taser approach wasn't viable here.  It is a fact-specific thing, based on each specific case.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Perhaps they view it as a good shoot in the eyes of Michigan law, but I’ve seen multiple people critical of their tactics, citing lack of use of taser and linking the famous Brit police / machete guy video. I think these are ridiculous critiques. Every time I see that video, I wanna post this:

spacer.png

Harrison Ford had diarrhea that day. The script had him jumping around, probably fighting hand-to-hand. His "Oh, Fuck It" expression was not acting.

I wanted to give an update - old guy who was stabbed is still in the hospital (at least as of Tuesday), dead guy is still dead (like Generalissimo Francisco Franco). I have a family member who works in the hospital, in the ward the guy was in last week, and I'm told that the clerk said stabby guy had to wear a mask in the store (store policy, signs everywhere, Governor directive, etc) and dude starts yelling at the clerk and old guys says that she is just doing her job.....and that was the straw the broke the camels back, and that led to stabby getting shot.

Moral of the story - don't turn your bad day into someone else's trip to the hospital and to your own gravesite; hopefully others can learn this lesson as the guy in the story did not.

• 3 weeks later...

Old dude - 77 year old stabbing victim passed away over the weekend

A Lansing man who was stabbed at a Quality Dairy store last month during a dispute over face masks has died, his son said. 

John Duncan III, 77, was in critical condition after being stabbed July 14 by a man who refused to wear a mask inside the Quality Dairy store at Lansing Road and North Canal Road, police said. 

Duncan died Saturday, his son, Jeff Blastic, said. 

Duncan was in the QD just before 7 a.m. July 14 when Sean Ruis, 43, of Grand Ledge, was confronted by an employee about not wearing a mask, Michigan State Police Lt. Brian Oleksyk said. July 14 was the second day of Gov. Gretchen Whitmer's mandate that masks be worn inside businesses. 

https://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/news/2020/08/10/lansing-man-dies-after-being-stabbed-quality-dairy-mask-dispute/3333509001/