Run off election game day thread

cactusflinthead

10 minutes ago, slorch said:

Some a y’all might cool your jets on Heger, turns out she flew marijuana eradication missions after her tours in Afghanistan. Lolz.

I take back my paper clips and pen caddy comment earlier.  Definitely has street cred on her military resume.  Definitely didn’t just sit back and let the world come to her.

A link with, you know... details, would be helpful. Or would that hurt your case?

Just now, RPM said:

A link with, you know... details, would be helpful. Or would that hurt your case?

Not making a case either way, just discussing the candidate.

Info was on her wiki page.  After I made the remark on her AF credentials, I wanted to see what her MOS really was.:  Worked as a ircraft mechanic and then earned her wings as a pilot.  Definitely not the easy route.

I checked the wiki and it only says marijuana eradication missions. Doesn't say where or when. Probably does in her book. Either way, if she was assigned a mission she carried it out. Doesn't even raise a wake in my marina. Cornyn's worse.

Edited by RPM

26 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

FYI intelligent people typically do these in the opposite order.

This is surly...

and The military smack is in fun. Lemme finish my crayons in peace.

Edited by slorch

8 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Kathaleen Wall crushed 72-28 in 15 person race...She outspent her opponent Troy Nehls 16-1. 

I like Kulkarni there in the general -- I think that seat flips D. 

Fuck Wall, that crazy bitch. 

Also fuck Nehls. 

That mother fucker got fired 10-20, some odd years ago from Ft Bend Sheriff’s office. There’s a reason him  and his brother are down here fuckin around instead of Wisconsin. 

Go Sri

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

Democrats should send wall a thank you card for her last few weeks of desperation campaigning where she pretty much emptied her war chest in an all out attack on Nehls.

Nehls will be damaged and bloodied for the general election.

Is he?  Wall's ads were so obviously crazy and unhinged I'm not sure there was much effect.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

But I just can't help but chuckle at Sessions.  He is the poster child for the loyalty and ethics of Trump and Trumpism: Sessions sold his soul, he was the first major political figure to go all-in on Trump.  And where did it get him?  Ultimately, tossed out in the trash, scorned by Trump because he wasn't willing to shamelessly breach the law/ethics for him.

The fate of Jeff Sessions is the fate of Trumpkins.  When you choose team Trump, you are committing career suicide.  Good.  Fuck 'em.

But by going against him, he lost out big time in the short-ish run, 6 years at least, and likely forever.  

Any politician in a red state, that speaks out, runs the risk of getting Sessions’d, which is why they are all petrified of him and his cult followers.  

1 minute ago, Ted Lange said:

But by going against him, he lost out big time in the short-ish run, 6 years at least, and likely forever.  

Any politician in a red state, that speaks out, runs the risk of getting Sessions’d, which is why they are all petrified of him and his cult followers.  

Correct.  There is only one path to short-term success: complete and unquestioning loyalty to the mob boss.  That's it.  Full stop.  It's not about policy, ideas, or governing.  It's only about whether you gargle Trump's balls deeply, with slobbering, fawning attention.

And even then, it's no guarantee.  He might simply decide that you didn't gargle his balls the exact way he wanted, and that means you're disloyal, and you're out.  Cast out, with Trump jizz running down your chin.  It doesn't get more undignified than that.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, theaveragejon said:

Fuck Wall, that crazy bitch. 

Also fuck Nehls. 

That mother fucker got fired 10-20, some odd years ago from Ft Bend Sheriff’s office. There’s a reason him  and his brother are down here fuckin around instead of Wisconsin. 

Go Sri

His undergraduate degree is from Liberty University so there's that, too. I figured he was in Texas because of his military background. His dad was a sheriff in Wisconsin, so maybe his underage drinking citation made it more difficult for him there, or there was some other skeleton.

The Tuberville thing is just fucking mind blowing.  It's like one of those dreams where cars are driving on water or some shit...

2 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

His undergraduate degree is from Liberty University so there's that, too. I figured he was in Texas because of his military background. His dad was a sheriff in Wisconsin, so maybe his underage drinking citation made it more difficult for him there, or there was some other skeleton.

There were some other things. I can’t really remember, nor do I care to ask my dad again. Worked for the department for 30+ years. 

he’s just always said there’s a reason they’re not running for office up in Wisconsin, and that he had be fired from the force before. 

2 hours ago, slorch said:

The Tuberville thing is just fucking mind blowing.  It's like one of those dreams where cars are driving on water or some shit...

See what cancelling the season has wrought?

Although at Cincinnati, you probably could coach and run for the Senate in another state at the same time without the Ohio media noticing. 

• Like 1

Still, 20 hours later, seeing no official decision on SD-14 race.  Some sites have Eckhart winning outright.  Others saying it's headed to a run-off.  

16 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

What were the numbers like in the last runoff?  

"The Texas Secretary of State is reporting that 955,735 Texans voted in the Democratic Senate runoff—far surpassing the old runoff record of 746,641 votes set back in 1994."

Does that answer your question?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

"The Texas Secretary of State is reporting that 955,735 Texans voted in the Democratic Senate runoff—far surpassing the old runoff record of 746,641 votes set back in 1994."

Does that answer your question?

It do

8 hours ago, slorch said:

Some a y’all might cool your jets on Heger, turns out she flew marijuana eradication missions after her tours in Afghanistan. Lolz.

I was unaware that military personnel were given options as to which assignments they feel like carrying out that day.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nivek said:

I was unaware that military personnel were given options as to which assignments they feel like carrying out that day.  

Lighten up brah.  Just a weed joke, thus, the LOlz at the end.

Edited by slorch

4 hours ago, theaveragejon said:

There were some other things. I can’t really remember, nor do I care to ask my dad again. Worked for the department for 30+ years. 

he’s just always said there’s a reason they’re not running for office up in Wisconsin, and that he had be fired from the force before. 

Well, there was the thing with their deputies shooting each other about a month ago.

8 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Correct.  There is only one path to short-term success: complete and unquestioning loyalty to the mob boss.  That's it.  Full stop.  It's not about policy, ideas, or governing.  It's only about whether you gargle Trump's balls deeply, with slobbering, fawning attention.

And even then, it's no guarantee.  He might simply decide that you didn't gargle his balls the exact way he wanted, and that means you're disloyal, and you're out.  Cast out, with Trump jizz running down your chin.  It doesn't get more undignified than that.

It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out in some swing races. You have to kiss the ring to stand any chance of winning the primary, but kissing the ring will probably screw you in the general. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of assholes. 

ColdVacantHapuku-max-1mb.gif

• 2 weeks later...