Ricky's one-hitter

Mr. Tuberville goads to Washington

9 hours ago, Bullneck said:

That man that died was old.  Gonna die anyway.  

Ah, the old Logan's Run Defense.

Alabama Democrats can remind the citizenry that a vote for Tommy is a vote for Carousel.

17 hours ago, Bullneck said:

That man that died was old.  Gonna die anyway.  

Woulda died of Corona.  Good death

/Dan Patrick

I’ve said it before, but the hardest hurdle for Doug Jones to clear has already been done. Alabamans have lived their lives with a Democrat for 3 years. There was no end of the world. He coexisted in a state with overwhelming Trump popularity, use people’s own support for Trump to say Jones did nothing to get in the way of whatever bullshit they like or bring up. The messaging only gets easier. The sky is falling act won’t play.

It wasn't that long ago that all the bubbas were Democrats. Shelby, who has been around about as long as Prince Charles, started out Dem. If he hadn't he never would have held office. The old-timey Dems were like the PRI in Mexico. Probably was the same in Texas.

Trump is more like a throwback Southern Dem himself, a Wallace Democrat, aka Dixiecrat. Apologies to Wallace who later seemed to regret how he'd gotten started.

So if you're into Throwback Retro, our psychodrama this season is a reenactment of the national Democrats, circa 1965, with Mr. Jones, vs the Dixiecrat Firebrand Mr. Tuberville. Except to liven it up, we've given the Dixiecrat special Carpet-Bagger stats. It's Alabama, where everybody simultaneously hates and loves everybody, for reasons that would keep an Optimality Theory practitioner in grant money. Relax, enjoy.

10 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Get a job?

Karen Tuberville

On 7/15/2020 at 4:36 PM, Neonmoon said:

As long as his wife isn't allowed to drive, no one will die. 

Tommy’s wife is giving me a Heidi Cruz vibe minus the car.

2 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Tommy is under the impression that COVID-19 is going to get up and leave in the middle of something important. 

Yeesh, an Al Borges burn.

I imagine the Alabama Democrats have a spreadsheet slam full of Tubby football insults cross referenced with how each relates to a policy point.

Yep. It works really well because it gives Bama fans angry flashbacks to Tubby’s smug “Fear the Thumb” slogan.

cb15842b8aed153e3d36ce542527284b.jpg

7bc7feea2319fb3f1447f4f107bb28e6.jpg

It’s a good subliminal poke - “Remember how horrible this guy was? Remember how he kicked y’all when y’all were down? Remember how angry he made you? Remember how awesome it felt to kick his ass? And now he wants you to vote for him?”

Man, I want to be as optimistic as some of you, but I think you're setting yourselves up for disappointment.  There's not a child molester on the other side of the ticket this time. 'Bama's going to "Bama and pull the "R" lever without feeling like they have to explain it later to St. Peter.

I would vote for AOC before Tuberville.

Dead serious.

11 hours ago, Tom said:

Man, I want to be as optimistic as some of you, but I think you're setting yourselves up for disappointment.  There's not a child molester on the other side of the ticket that we know of at this time.

This time before the last election, all anybody knew about Moore was that he loved Ten Commandment plaques.

There are plenty of chances that

1. They already know some freakish secret about Tubs, or

2. That Tuberville opens his great gaping maw and screams something incredible, or

3. Saban lifts an eyebrow, and Tubs vanishes in a cloud of Cracker Barrel smelling smoke, or

4. We're in a Civil War by November and they both get to be senator.

Worst case, it's entertaining. And you gotta grab him by the trachea, make him spend a dollar.

7 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

This time before the last election, all anybody knew about Moore was that he loved Ten Commandment plaques.

There are plenty of chances that

1. They already know some freakish secret about Tubs, or

2. That Tuberville opens his great gaping maw and screams something incredible, or

3. Saban lifts an eyebrow, and Tubs vanishes in a cloud of Cracker Barrel smelling smoke, or

4. We're in a Civil War by November and they both get to be senator.

Worst case, it's entertaining. And you gotta grab him by the trachea, make him spend a dollar.

He has a really weird career in that he keeps getting plucked out of obscurity and shoved toward greater things.

He went to Southern Arkansas on a golf scholarship and walked on the football team. He spent four years coaching HS in Arkansas, only two of them as head coach, before he went back to his alma mater, where he coached, um "defensive backs, nose guards, and linebackers." I guess they had some kind of defensive end whisperer there Tubs couldn't touch.

That lasted five years and it seemed like his coaching career was over. In 1985 he managed a catfish shack, and yet somehow vaulted from there to the sideline at the U right as they were about to go peak gangsta on NCAA FB.

He was there until A&M and most on his board know his coaching arc since: Ole Miss, where he said would only be leaving in a pine box, only to leave two days later and not in a pine box; his rise and fall at Auburn (how did he survive going 38-24 in his first five years?), and then posts of descending relevance at Tech and Cincinnati.

And then he got busted running a crooked hedge fund. His partner got ten years in federal pound me in the ass prison and...here seven years later, Tuberville is running for Senate somehow. 

I know coaches get recycled and shit but that's supposed to only apply to the coaching ranks...I mean all this guy has accomplished the field is catfish shack operations and running a crooked hedge fund. 

9 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

He has a really weird career in that he keeps getting plucked out of obscurity and shoved toward greater things.

He went to Southern Arkansas on a golf scholarship and walked on the football team. He spent four years coaching HS in Arkansas, only two of them as head coach, before he went back to his alma mater, where he coached, um "defensive backs, nose guards, and linebackers." I guess they had some kind of defensive end whisperer there Tubs couldn't touch.

That lasted five years and it seemed like his coaching career was over. In 1985 he managed a catfish shack, and yet somehow vaulted from there to the sideline at the U right as they were about to go peak gangsta on NCAA FB.

He was there until A&M and most on his board know his coaching arc since: Ole Miss, where he said would only be leaving in a pine box, only to leave two days later and not in a pine box; his rise and fall at Auburn (how did he survive going 38-24 in his first five years?), and then posts of descending relevance at Tech and Cincinnati.

And then he got busted running a crooked hedge fund. His partner got ten years in federal pound me in the ass prison and...here seven years later, Tuberville is running for Senate somehow. 

I know coaches get recycled and shit but that's supposed to only apply to the coaching ranks...I mean all this guy has accomplished the field is catfish shack operations and running a crooked hedge fund. 

He’s a crook and will fit right in with Trump. I still think Jones will have a hard time keeping that seat. Just like Hagar will have a hard time beating Cornyn. Once they throw in the “greatest hits of fear“ if you vote democrat, it’ll be over. It works every time. I really hope I’m wrong and will gladly eat crow if I am.

That's brutal, "If Alabamians can't trust your judgement against Georgia Tech..."  The Alabama Democrats Twitter feed is not playing.

mpu

Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion