Houston Texans WR Kenny Stills Arrested for Protesting in Kentucky

Vic Mackey

kenneth-stills-1594823550.jpg

Texans WR Kenny Stills arrested at Louisville protest

Houston Texans wide receiver Kenny Stills was arrested Tuesday in Louisville and faces a felony charge after participating in a protest at the home of Kentucky's attorney general.

Stills, 28, was booked at 11:36 p.m. local time and charged with intimidating a participant in the legal process, a felony, according to the Louisville jail's booking log.

He also was charged with misdemeanor disorderly conduct and criminal trespass. Stills was one of 87 people arrested after marching to the home of Kentucky Attorney General Daniel Cameron as part of a protest over the death of Breonna Taylor.

Louisville Metro Police spokesman Lamont Washington told local media outlets that all the protesters, including Stills, were given the chance to leave Cameron's home before being arrested.

Washington said in a statement, obtained by the Louisville Courier-Journal, that all 87 protesters face similar charges "due to their refusal to leave the property and their attempts to influence the decision of the Attorney General with their actions."

Taylor, a 26-year-old Black emergency medical technician, was shot eight times in Louisville on March 13 by plainclothes officers serving a no-knock search warrant for narcotics at her apartment. No drugs were found.

Louisville has seen weeks of protests over the shooting, and Cameron has faced scrutiny for not charging any of the three officers involved in Taylor's killing.

A longtime vocal supporter of social initiatives against racial prejudice and police brutality, Stills also participated in a march for Taylor last month at the state capitol in Kentucky. Last month, he attended George Floyd's funeral in Houston and later tweeted that "Sports are a distraction from the movement."

49 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yeah, that felony charge ain't gonna stick.

Seriously. lulz. They should be embarrassed just for charging that on all 87 of those people.  The misdemeanor trespass is probably right, but I bet they’ll end up dropping all of it due to outside pressure. 

• Like 1

Good for Stills. A felony? Jesus Christ is that some tonedeaf shit.

"due to their refusal to leave the property and their attempts to influence the decision of the Attorney General with their actions."

Bahahaha yeah that ain't a felony at all

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Seriously. lulz. They should be embarrassed just for charging that on all 87 of those people.  The misdemeanor trespass is probably right, but I bet they’ll end up dropping all of it due to outside pressure. 

They know that, they just want a felony arrest on their record. Petty move but it just LE asserting their power over these bandits who dared assemble.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Braff Zacklin said:

The trumped-up charges are appropriate.

After all, Stills and the 86 others arrested were at the attorney general's office to protest the excesses of the criminal justice system, and it immediately proved their point.

They were at the AG's home, not office.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 'stache said:

To keep "them" in their place.

Fucking with minorities is what they have always done... Fucking with millionaire public figure minorities hopefully changes some shit.

Also good for Stills, seems like a genuine good guy and truly cares about these issues. 

Edited by Zepol87
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Zepol87 said:

Fucking with minorities is what they have always done... Fucking with millionaire public figure minorities hopefully changes some shit.

Also good for Stills, seems like a genuine good guy and truly cares about these issues. 

Wait so you are ok with "fucking with" the right minorities.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

I'm sure these posters would feel differently if a mob showed up at their house at midnight.

Sure... But then I'd wonder why they're there in the first place and go from there. Felony intimidation? Lulz. I guess no more sternly worded letters either...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Wait so you are ok with "fucking with" the right minorities.

Where in his post did he state that or are you perhaps projecting?

ETA jesus titty fucking christ. Millionaire Lives Matter too!

Edited by BigHorn'13

1 hour ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Sure... But then I'd wonder why they're there in the first place and go from there. Felony intimidation? Lulz. I guess no more sternly worded letters either...

Probably the same reason they went after the liberal attorneys in St. Louis on their way to the mayor's house.

8 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

Yeah, not in a million years.  I'd be surprised if this is prosecuted at any level.

Given the defendant, I think you’re underestimating how far some undoubtably bored Kentucky justice of the peace would love to push a disorderly conduct ticket

2 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

I'm sure these posters would feel differently if a mob showed up at their house at midnight.

How would people feel on here if a family member of theirs was murdered after thugs (police officers) broke into her home?

Boo fucking hoo that a peaceful protest was done at the home of the AG. No one was killed in this incident. Unlike Breona Taylor.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

How would people feel on here if a family member of theirs was murdered after thugs (police officers) broke into her home?

Boo fucking hoo that a peaceful protest was done at the home of the AG. No one was killed in this incident. Unlike Breona Taylor.

No knock warrants have got to go. 

Duncan Lemp, also March 13th 2020. Shitty day for the police. 

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/lawyer-man-asleep-police-fired-house-killing-69587748

SILVER SPRING, Md. -- A Maryland man who was shot and killed by a police officer was asleep in his bedroom when police opened fire from outside his house, an attorney for the 21-year-old man’s family said Friday. The man's girlfriend was also wounded.

The Montgomery County Police Department said in a news release Friday that Duncan Socrates Lemp “confronted” police and was shot by one of the officers early Thursday. Rene Sandler, an attorney for Lemp’s relatives, said an eyewitness gave a “completely contrary” account of the shooting. She said police could have “absolutely no justification” for shooting Lemp based on what she has heard about the circumstances.

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

"peaceful" - lulz. If 86 people show up on your porch at midnight yelling shit at you, you wouldn't think it was peaceful at all. They were given the chance to leave, they didn't. Just because 3 piece of shit cops should get indicted doesn't mean breaking the law is the means to which that gets done. I doubt anyone one of this group gets prosecuted, but it makes for "good" headlines.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Like 3
  • Fuck You 2

33 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

"peaceful" - lulz. If 86 people show up on your porch at midnight yelling shit at you, you wouldn't think it was peaceful at all. They were given the chance to leave, they didn't. Just because 3 piece of shit cops should get indicted doesn't mean breaking the law is the means to which that gets done. I doubt anyone one of this group gets prosecuted, but it makes for "good" headlines.

Yes!  Vic is an idiot!!

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

All I got out of this post is fuck cops.  Good on you.  Repped

• Like 1

I know we like to shit on Sooners around here, but the guy won Walter Payton man of the year 2 years ago, donated all of that money to Kap’s foundation, he started a mental health foundation, he’s worked with law enforcement in every city for every team he’s played for, and now this...

Obviously he’s a really good dude who chose the wrong university 

Edited by youdunnf'dup
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Yeah we wouldn't want anyone to feel like they could be killed in their own home right? Oh wait.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Not a Sock said:

LAMO. Do any of these DAs stop and think, how fucking moronic will these charges look.

I believe these charging decisions were made by cops. 

The felony charge sounds like an "official bribery"/obstruction/witness tampering type of charge, which usually isn't charged by cops.  DAs bring that one by indictment after an investigation.

It wouldn't surprise me if the AG suggested that charge, because at least 50% of the time, an attorney general is a shitty lawyer (see, e.g. Ken Paxton).  In addition to the general purpose stupidity of trying to find a felony for what is at worst disorderly conduct, the First Amendment is going to pose problems for that.

Also, apparently he was booked at 11:36 along with nearly 90 other people.  I imagine they were arrested before 10.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

If you were shit at your job and it killed others then fuck you and do better 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

No knock warrants have got to go. 

Duncan Lemp, also March 13th 2020. Shitty day for the police. 

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/lawyer-man-asleep-police-fired-house-killing-69587748

SILVER SPRING, Md. -- A Maryland man who was shot and killed by a police officer was asleep in his bedroom when police opened fire from outside his house, an attorney for the 21-year-old man’s family said Friday. The man's girlfriend was also wounded.

The Montgomery County Police Department said in a news release Friday that Duncan Socrates Lemp “confronted” police and was shot by one of the officers early Thursday. Rene Sandler, an attorney for Lemp’s relatives, said an eyewitness gave a “completely contrary” account of the shooting. She said police could have “absolutely no justification” for shooting Lemp based on what she has heard about the circumstances.

Exactly. No knock warrants are pretty much just breaking and entering. I don't give a damn whose house you are going to. They should announce themselves. These murders that happen and they aren't even at the right house is a disgrace but so often, not a damn thing happens. Fuck them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Oh no they were yelling? How scary! You think peaceful means they aren't saying a word at all? Peaceful means zero violence. Show me the violence in this protest? I'll wait. 

And breaking the law doesn't get shit done? Pretty sure that is exactly how shit gets done, moron. You think shit gets done in a quiet manner? This whole fucking country was founded on looting and killing the natives. Wars are won with violence. Looting and some violence led to some changes last month.

But I get it. You are one of those bootlickers who think all the shit these thug cops get away should be quietly talked about in the corner. Which really means "I don't care about the issue and I don't want to hear anything about it so go sit in the corner and talk among yourselves". You know, when Kap protested as peaceful as you can get and people yelled to do it on his own time. So we see it done on their own time and still bitching. They marched in the streets and guess what, still bitching. 

Maybe this piece of shit AG should actually do his job and hold the murderers with guns responsible for them murdering Breonna Taylor and shit like this wouldn't happen.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Oh no they were yelling? How scary! You think peaceful means they aren't saying a word at all? Peaceful means zero violence. Show me the violence in this protest? I'll wait.

I've been told and chastised, on this site (to be fair, it was shaggy), that language can be, and often times IS, violence. They were wrong, or maybe right. Depends on the narrative, I guess.

Edited by NaTeWHO