Busts of National Champ QBs

txbroadcaster

The one of Carlisle looks really good. We should get that artist to redo the heads of Earl and Ricky. That cheap looking shit we got is embarrassing. I think a company out in Elgin or Giddings churns that crap out at low cost. Pay a fucking artist. Either make it realistic or interestingly interpretive, don't settle for crude and unrecognizable.

I got kind of thing about statuary these days. Looking at the skill and talent that went into the statues being torn down, makes me sad that those elements are lacking in statues that deserve to be public art. Hell, even the Pedo State Pedo Paterno statues was far better than Earl and Ricky who are actually great guys.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

The one of Carlisle looks really good. We should get that artist to redo the heads of Earl and Ricky. That cheap looking shit we got is embarrassing. I think a company out in Elgin or Giddings churns that crap out at low cost. Pay a fucking artist. Either make it realistic or interestingly interpretive, don't settle for crude and unrecognizable.

I got kind of thing about statuary these days. Looking at the skill and talent that went into the statues being torn down, makes me sad that those elements are lacking in statues that deserve to be public art. Hell, even the Pedo State Pedo Paterno statues was far better than Earl and Ricky who are actually great guys.

Bjorge is the same sculptor that did Earl and Ricky...

It wasn't Bjorge, but I did discover more evidence that I may be an idiot. The below is an article about Ricky's statue. I looked at pictures of it, and it's not as bad as I thought.

Cleveland based artist David Deming was commissioned in November of 2010 to create the statue and started the clay model in January of last year.

"It's a great feeling," said Deming about being chosen to create the statue. "As a sculptor, especially loving to do figurative work, the opportunity to do Ricky Williams was just icing on the cake. It was just absolutely wonderful. It meant a lot to me to get this commission."

Edited by RomaVicta

24 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Bjorge did do Earl. I think that statue is far too generic and stiff.

8031835237_90cc2d31f7_n.jpg

I guess it was his practice model. Earl deserves better.

And I need to look things up before I bloviate on things I don't know about.

Jimmy’s a good man. 

Edited by VirginiaLonghorn

57 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I thought this thread was going to be about Todd Blackledge, Jerry Tagge, Tim Tebow, Gino Torretta, Chris Weinke, and Matt Leinart

One of these things is not like the others.  People forget that Weinke went to FSU after a long minor league baseball career.  The guy was a 30 year old rookie QB in the NFL and still managed to hang around long enough to get a pension.  About the best you should expect.

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

Yeah, me too. I knew he did Earl's and just assumed he did Ricky's, too.

and like VL said above, Jimmy Nixon is a damned good guy.

I appreciate your newfound circumspection. It's a rare and precious quality on this board. (Insert foreskin jokes . . . here:          )

Bro, are you suggesting research in advance of bloviating/Pontificating?

That would be doing Shag/surly wrong..
  • Haha 1