Nederland, TX firework warehouse raided by army of Feds

Storm the Field

That would explain why I couldn’t help but keep snorting those snap ‘n pops and woke up on the 5th with a Roman Candle up my ass.  

I mean that’s a normal Arbor Day for us, but made for a weird Independence Day. 

Much like the old adage that whoever ate the first oyster was a pretty brave, I wonder who in the hell found that floor stripper/wheel cleaner metabolized into GHB.

“BDO is a chemical manufactured only for industrial or laboratory use as a floor stripper or vehicle wheel cleaner and is not intended for human consumption,” the release said. “Investigators determined that when BDO is ingested, it immediately metabolizes into GHB (a known date-rape drug) with the same effects, causing potential overdoses, addiction, and death.”

24 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I've never heard of anyone laundering through a fireworks operation. Wouldn't that be pretty fucking stupid since there are only 2 times of the year that see significant revenue?

Yeah, that's gonna be a weird line of questioning at the trial.  "So what types of receipts do you have to verify the $600,000 cash deposits in both April and October?  

It's still a pretty cash intensive business (even in this day and age of digital payments), but if your enterprise is annually reporting and depositing random six-figure deposits in completely off-peak times, that's gonna raise some red flags.  Same reason beach resorts are only used to launder money during tourist season, and ski resorts used to do the same during Winter/Spring Break.  

I think these guys got fucked up, looked to their Aggie rings for inspiration, watched "Ozark" three times through on Netflix, and thought they were gonna reinvent the cash wheel.  

Am I getting this right. A wholesome Aggie families run business to sell a date rape drug to people?

The U.S. Attorney’s Office alleges that Right Price Chemicals distributed approximately 7,000 gallons of BDO over thousands of orders, generating $4.5 million in sales.

That's a fuckton of rapes they enabled. Does this shit work on sheep?

51 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

Based on a quick perusal of LinkedIn, looks like some of the younger guys involved are recent Aggie grads.

Welp, their lives are basically over. Those charges ain't nothing to sneeze at.

That was a given when they confirmed their acceptance to Texas A&M University. 

46 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I've never heard of anyone laundering through a fireworks operation. Wouldn't that be pretty fucking stupid since there are only 2 times of the year that see significant revenue?

Right, it's like, what, the 3 mattress stores across the street weren't good enough for money laundering? 

Dude, you can't launder money through a mattress store.  Feds weigh those things all the time, they're gonna know some are filled with bundles of cash or drugs.

Edited by Lobo

24 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Am I getting this right. A wholesome Aggie families run business to sell a date rape drug to people?

The U.S. Attorney’s Office alleges that Right Price Chemicals distributed approximately 7,000 gallons of BDO over thousands of orders, generating $4.5 million in sales.

That's a fuckton of rapes they enabled. Does this shit work on sheep?

Now it all makes sense.

On multiple occasions, I've had some firms that try and connect 'experts' with business folks looking for some consultants to help them with their issues hit me up.

You name a price and execute a quick little project. Easy-ish way to collect a little extra scratch.

Anyhow, I have been hit up more than once on bio based BDO, scaling up BDO production, economics of building a BDO facility, etc. 

I've used the stuff in the past for other kinds of synthesis / reactions but never actually produced it myself.

Fuck'n A man. 

I didn't realize this stuff is a precursor to GHB.

Damn.

Wonder if it was these guys... or their suppliers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dnaguy said:

Now it all makes sense.

On multiple occasions, I've had some firms that try and connect 'experts' with business folks looking for some consultants to help them with their issues hit me up.

You name a price and execute a quick little project. Easy-ish way to collect a little extra scratch.

Anyhow, I have been hit up more than once on bio based BDO, scaling up BDO production, economics of building a BDO facility, etc. 

I've used the stuff in the past for other kinds of synthesis / reactions but never actually produced it myself.

Fuck'n A man. 

I didn't realize this stuff is a precursor to GHB.

Damn.

Wonder if it was these guys... or their suppliers.

18FC1D5B-9BDD-4890-825F-EB64C4A7E5A7.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

Everything they own that can remotely be tied to the business will be seized and auctioned. Hope they don't have kids. 

Thats my general reaction whenever the discussion of aggy comes up. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, crash_davis said:

Everything they own that can remotely be tied to the business will be seized and auctioned. Hope they don't have kids. 

The feds are going to auction off their kids? Man those 80s drug laws are no joke

• Like 1

That awkward moment in life when you realize your graduation picture, engagement picture, and mugshot...all look like an advertisement for Golden Corral.  

4 hours ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

But this is the aggiest picture I've ever seen.  That dude looks like a 40 year old lawn sprinkler salesman and he's probably only 21. 

Quick math based on story and date on photo says probably 24, but your point stands.  And that metabolism ain't getting any faster 

Jake Ellis Daughtry, 34; Joseph Ellis Daughtry, 64; Sandra Miller Daughtry, 72; Jordan Lee King, 31; Tanner John Jorgensen, 28; and Austin Wayne Dial, 28; all from Nederland were arrested. Others included Kip William Daughtry, 46, of Vidor; and Jesse Lee Hackett, 37, of The Woodlands.

All aggy hotbeds accounted for

• Like 2

On 7/16/2020 at 11:21 AM, Storm the Field said:

Based on a quick perusal of LinkedIn, looks like some of the younger guys involved are recent Aggie grads.

Welp, their lives are basically over. Those charges ain't nothing to sneeze at.

Well, the federal pen won't look a whole lot different than the aggy campus, so they should feel at home.