ATLiens: GOV Kemp v. Mayor Bottoms

TheStoicPaisano

Brian Kemp wants the Coronavirus to kill more black Georgia citizens in the next coming months (which it will) so republicans will do better in the elections this fall. It’s a swing state now after all. Got to keep the blacks down if you can. 

He is evil. 

• Like 1

I paraphrase Justice Gorsuch in his recent excellent opinion on the gays when talking about motive, just because you burn down a house in order to get a better view, it still means it’s arson. Kemp’s recent order and lawsuit is straight up murder. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Brian Kemp wants the Coronavirus to kill more black Georgia citizens in the next coming months (which it will) so republicans will do better in the elections this fall. It’s a swing state now after all. Got to keep the blacks down if you can. 

He is evil. 

That guy is the definition of scumbag.

he actually kept his position as Secretary of State during the Georgia governor election. Makes me really doubt the results in that race.

• Like 1

Told my buddies from Georgia.... It's obvious, Kemp is Team Virus.  His excuse for yesterday for striking down mandated masks was he didn't think he could require it legally.  Today, 3 more states announced they were mandating masks.  Not only is a liar, but he's a coward and fluffer.  It's pretty disgusting what he's doing for pride and staying within the GOP's good graces.

Saving lives and keeping constituents safer in a pandemic is a bridge too far...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

I’m keeping score, so we now have 2 governors dumber/more evil than Abbott?

Yep. It’s a low bar, but a bar nonetheless. 

They are both still not as evil as trump, but that’s a bridge too far for almost anyone to cross. 

If Trump was Charles Manson, Kemp and Ron Desantis are like far less personable Charles Mansons who can’t convince their followers to go quite to his length. They all just get high instead. 

Abbot is like a cult leader who chickens out at the end and ultimately refuses the cool aid. 

56 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

That guy is the definition of scumbag.

he actually kept his position as Secretary of State during the Georgia governor election. Makes me really doubt the results in that race.

He done stoled it. - “ Buzz” from the Hudsucker Proxy.

1 minute ago, gmr548 said:
1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:
Say what you will about the idiocy of the Texas GOP,  but they aren’t going to go to the lengths of killing fellow Texans to win. 

Lmao

Yeah ok. Nuance doesn’t work well on the net. Its a matter of degree I suppose. 

None of this would be happening if trump wasn’t the president. But for now he is.

Moscow Mitch ought to be praying at night at his fortune that Andy Beshear is the governor of Kentucky. Saved his wrinkled turtle ass thus far. But the AG in Kentucky is challenging Beshear's emergency orders so while the Democratic governor is attempting to curb the virus, GOP going to GOP.

2 hours ago, Beau Vine said:
4 hours ago, conVINCEd said:
I’m keeping score, so we now have 2 governors dumber/more evil than Abbott?

Yep. How does anyone with the GOP think this is a good idea?

Party of Covid is such a strange brand to stand behind.

So can they sue against tetanus and polio shots along with smallpox vaccinations?  Also think its funny how many republicans have been skipping their in person gop conventions, etc but demand kids and teachers go to school.F'k these lunatic hypocrites.

Edited by Mdhorn

18 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Say what you will about the idiocy of the Texas GOP,  but they aren’t going to go to the lengths of killing fellow Texans to win. 

Remember that scene in City Slickers when Billy Crystal says, "Hey, Curly.  Kill anybody today?" and Curly replies, "Day ain't over yet"?

47 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

On a scale of 9 to 10, please rate punchability:

kemp-georgia-voter-suppression.jpg

Looks like Tim Matheson and Steve Spurrier had a baby and it grew up to an asshole.  

Edited by Lobo

On 7/18/2020 at 12:21 PM, Beau Vine said:

109323466_10109212713081027_411558704711

35 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

That's amazing

i mean, even the first one has strange ranges. 1 - 500, 501 - 1000, etc, makes far more sense. they were jacking around with the data from the beginning to minimize hotspots in the state.  the ranges are not even uniform for christ's sake. that's criminal.

Edited by hayden_horn

Obviously any decent virologist can clearly tell that 'dem Duke Boys have clearly fudged the Hazzard County numbers from an upper threshold of 4661 to 5165.  Former Sheriff-turned-Public Health Czar, Roscoe P. Coltrane has announced a full investigation.  

Completely abusing power to molest vital public health stats in the middle of a lawsuit is a bold move even for a fucking idiot like Gov. Kemp.  But I know he's a hero to some on this board, just as Uncle Jessie was to me.  So I'll hang up and listen.

On 7/17/2020 at 10:12 AM, Buzzrock said:

Bottoms wants to be VP (CNN has her #2 behind Kamala). Kemp wants to stay on Trump’s good boy list. Neither of them give a fuck about anything but power.

Ok except one of them is advocating a position that would actually save lives rather than cost them ... but lets #bothsides that minor detail 

• Like 1

109323466_10109212713081027_4115587047113208743_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=4fqsIf-kdQIAX9z8sKn&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=d2c68cdf1f0201549cea665dbab6adb9&oe=5F395783
“Never assign to malice what can easily be explained by incompetence.”

-Michael Scott
i mean, even the first one has strange ranges. 1 - 500, 501 - 1000, etc, makes far more sense. they were jacking around with the data from the beginning to minimize hotspots in the state.  the ranges are not even uniform for christ's sake. that's criminal.
What@Buzzrock said. They probably just used quintiles for ranges, which are obviously a moving target. A good choice? No, obviously. A conspiracy? Probably not. They don't appear that competent.