Trump’s Gestapo in Portland

Hugo Stiglitz

15 minutes ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:

Well, well, well. Looks like Hannity, Beck and Limbaugh finally get their SS Brown shirts they've been warning us about under Obama.

I'm sure if I turn on talk radio I'll hear each calling Trump out for this.

Oh, they always wanted them, just not under Obama.  

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Did you see all of the gun rights people that claim they need high powered weaponry to keep the Feds from taking over the country????

Yeah me neither.

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Where is a well regulated militia when you need one? 

Are y'all not going to buy guns to protect yourselves from this?

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

Here are some comments:

re: Here comes the newest "scandal": federal LEO use unmarked vehicles to nab protesters Posted on 7/17/20 at 5:00 am to gthog61
"They should acid brand them on the face so we know who they are in public from now on."

quote:
federal LEO use unmarked vehicles to nab protesters

Am I supposed to care about this?

Even if it’s a myth, it has the positive effect of putting some fear into them.

re: Here comes the newest "scandal": federal LEO use unmarked vehicles to nab protestersPosted on 7/17/20 at 7:34 am to 20 ton
quote:
You step away from the game board and the consequences are real.
I say, shoot them on site.

We need to start executing these a-holes and leaving their bodies in the street as a warning to the others. Protest Trump and you get what you deserve. Shut the frick up and be grateful that you live in the greatest country in the history of the world.

Same poster:

re: Here comes the newest "scandal": federal LEO use unmarked vehicles to nab protestersPosted on 7/17/20 at 9:56 am to friendlysnek
quote:
I think this is why people are upset. Unmarked cars and no identifying information on uniforms
aww boo hoo, does that hurt deyre wittle feewings?

TOO frickING BAD!!!

We are holding on to America by a thread, we are teetering on the edge, its happening RIGHT NOW. if we dont round up and arrest our political enemies now what will be left, what will happen to our rights, to our freedom?

Those are from the LSU board. I would be surprised if there weren't similar on the various other right leaning boards.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Those are from the LSU board. I would be surprised if there weren't similar on the various other right leaning boards.

I hope folks can understand now why I was banned from that site.  Posting my honest opinion constituted trolling in their eyes.  It was a weird experience. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

First you make a roue. Then you mate a Guido with a Mick, tell their kid he's French when he knows damn well he's not French, give him bugs to eat, and then tell him he's French again.

There's gonna be some anger.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

Are y'all not going to buy guns to protect yourselves from this?

Why would we do that? It's your side that jerks off to the idea of gun battles with the Feds. Most sane people see the futility in that?

You do too, right?

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

Ballot box is a better and more effective 

No, it's not. Not even a little.

It's more ideal, I guess, and more hopeful, but not "more effective".

If two or three of these guys got shot in the head it would bring a lot more attention to this and the heat would be intense. There's no way this stuff stands up under intense scrutiny.

Do I want that to happen? No, I want reason to win before it happens. But if you think electing Joe fucking Biden is going to change this you're just wrong. This happens in Democratic cities inside Democratic states in a nation with a Democratic president (and Biden as VP).

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, mcbrisket said:

Those LSU board comments. Um, wow. This country really is fucked if there is a large population that thinks that way.

Back in school I took a class on information/government through my Uni's Library school. I can't recall the name of it, but essentially it discussed some of the topics that Anastasis posts upon regarding information and data collection and surveillance, and also how the government attempted to access what people were reading (back before the intertrons) up through digital tracking. I spend a fair amount of my free time reading around different places trying to get an idea of the population except I will not visit the dark web type stuff. It's one of the reasons I occasionally have to take a time out. It gets a little depressing. I think it is important to know it exists though: the rage, the impotence, the hate, the ignorance. It is also important to channel (I use Fred Rogers) the good and the kind, the love, the power of compassion, the knowledge.

But to put it as succinctly as you did: this country really is fucked right now, because there are quite a few people that think that way.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, A-Tex Devil said:

If they are LEO, what agency?  My money is on Blackwater.

It is ICE per Chad Wolf himself. Essentially Bill Barr's army that reports to him and his pals. Portland is the test case. Coming soon to any Democratic led city near you.

Yeah, I thought with the arms sales going through the roof this was like a BOGO for the Boogaloo types. I'll wear a Hawaiian shirt, bring disco music, and boogie while the 2A folks can bring weapons, the port-a-loos, and the pocket Constitutions. Us against the fascists, it will be lit.

31 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

No, it's not. Not even a little.

It's more ideal, I guess, and more hopeful, but not "more effective".

If two or three of these guys got shot in the head it would bring a lot more attention to this and the heat would be intense. There's no way this stuff stands up under intense scrutiny.

Do I want that to happen? No, I want reason to win before it happens. But if you think electing Joe fucking Biden is going to change this you're just wrong. This happens in Democratic cities inside Democratic states in a nation with a Democratic president (and Biden as VP).

tenor.gif?itemid=12730917

18 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Yeah, I thought with the arms sales going through the roof this was like a BOGO for the Boogaloo types. I'll wear a Hawaiian shirt, bring disco music, and boogie while the 2A folks can bring weapons, the port-a-loos, and the pocket Constitutions. Us against the fascists, it will be lit.

59 minutes ago, Foosters said:

Why would we do that? It's your side that jerks off to the idea of gun battles with the Feds. Most sane people see the futility in that?

You do too, right?

I hate that you'll just give up when the government comes at your door to take you, and your loved ones away, since it's so futile.

• Fuck You 1

18 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

And since you clearly understand the point, when is that gonna start happening? Or have y’all been full of shit this whole time

Most likely cause some Portlanders isn't gonna move too many needles on government over reach.

I can't believe John Brown Gun Club ain't out here. 

Edited by workswithseed
  • Fuck You 1