Trump’s Gestapo in Portland

Hugo Stiglitz

4 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

These guys aren’t helping.  Fox News headline.

I should have elaborated.

So earlier this week I encouraged the sane and moral people here to utter the words "DONALD TRUMP IS A DOMESTIC TERRORIST."

I was half right, and I say "half" because there's another important part to that which I omitted unintentionally:

FOX NEWS/OAN SUPPORTS DOMESTIC TERRORISM

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, hpslugga said:

I should have elaborated.

So earlier this week I encouraged the sane and moral people here to utter the words "DONALD TRUMP IS A DOMESTIC TERRORIST."

I was half right, and I say "half" because there's another important part to that which I omitted unintentionally:

FOX NEWS/OAN SUPPORTS DOMESTIC TERRORISM

I believe you are suggesting that DONALD TRUMP IS A DOMESTIC TERRORIST and that FOX NEWS/OAN SUPPORTS DOMESTIC TERRORISM. I could be wrong in assessing what you are saying here, but it seems that you might possibly be implying that DONALD TRUMP IS A DOMESTIC TERRORIST and that FOX NEWS/OAN SUPPORTS DOMESTIC TERRORISM. If I have incorrectly assumed that you believe DONALD TRUMP IS A DOMESTIC TERRORIST and that FOX/OAN SUPPORTS DOMESTIC TERRORISM feel free to correct me.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

I appreciated this map's providing perspect on the supposed terror in Portland.

The protest area is concentrated now and there isn't any appreciable new property destruction.  You can go 2 blocks in any direction and not know what's happening outside the Fed courthouse.  Peaceful protesters are mostly policing themselves against outliers.  The last 3 nights, the feds have been progressively spending less time making a show of force and tear gas seems to be getting used less.  The fence in front of the courthouse is still not getting torn down or breached.  Protesters were rattling the cage last night, making noise banging on it shouting "Feds go home" but not much more.  Feds announced over bullhorn that they were about to start arresting people for fucking with the fence.  The thousand or so protesters crammed up against the fence simply stopped banging on it and watched the faceless building.  No feds came out to make arrests.  Then it picked up again with less fence involvement.  News coverage of this will move on while this cat and mouse game continues indefinitely until the shadow brutes leave.  

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Lobo said:

Barbara Boxer realizes that her former colleagues in the U.S. Congress can propose their own legislation that reigns in the funding to these paramilitary troops, as well as introduce robust oversight of how/when/why they are used...right?  Day to day operations still fall to the Secretary and the Executive, but the actual laws under which they can operate are clearly given to Congress by Article I.  Plus, purse strings. 

I'm glad she's having this coming to Jesus moment, but what this is what happens under an Imperial Presidency.  Congress can step up and do its job any fucking day now.  Half of the Congress under Obama was Democrat controlled (2 years of the House of Rep. and 6 years of the Senate)...why the fuck didn't anybody step up then to overhaul the DHS and reign in their powers?  Huh?  Everybody gets to wring their hands in retirement.  There isn't a Senator or Rep. that wouldn't take a meeting or call with you within 24 hours, Boxer.  You're not doing anything right now, pick up a phone and get somebody to get the wheels churning on some legislation.  At least get it filed this session and get working on it when the 2021 Congress is seated, which will probably give your party more favorable numbers anyway.  

Then she'll moan and cry, "Well, we didn't know they were going to turning into a federal police force."  What the fuck did you think the budget line item called "Weapons, Tactical Uniforms, Transport, Supplies, and Overtime Duty Compensation" was for?  So the fucking TSA could have a team-building paintball weekend in Montana?  It was to create a police force.  Rule #1 of Congress.  If you want to pick on a president of an opposing party, look at where his Departments are suspiciously spending money.  Boxer was a Coward.

world baseball classic applause GIF by MLB

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Mole said:

Rakes might work for corralling rolling tear gas canisters.

1 hour ago, TXSG8R said:

lacrosse bros are really missing an opportunity to flex here.  

Was just gonna say the same.

Is there a power source close by? Because I'd be happy to donate a few these:

DAYTON 36" Standard-Duty Industrial Fan, Mobile, Floor, 115VAC ...

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

The creativity of the defensive tactics here and in Hong Kong recently is amazing. Leaf blowers, umbrellas, traffic cones, and milk are the weapons of the day. The younger generation is pretty brilliant.

'These are his people': inside the elite border patrol unit Trump sent to Portland

Bortac, a quasi-militarised outfit equivalent to the Navy Seals, has been deployed in Iraq and Afghanistan

Bortac?  Navy Seals?  Sounds like Erik Prince.

More concerning still is that the federal officers deployed in Portland, ostensibly to protect federal property, were spearheaded by an elite unit, the border patrol tactical unit. Better known as Bortac, it is a quasi-militarised outfit equivalent to the Navy Seals.

Todd Miller, the author of Empire of Borders, has dubbed Bortac as “the robocops of US border patrol”.

Operating largely in secret, Bortac agents are trained for Swat-style raids on organized gangs smuggling immigrants or drugs across the US border. They have been deployed in Iraq and Afghanistan, as well as in many Latin American countries.

https://abc7ny.com/protester-released-after-controversial-arrest-in-manhattan/6339831/

So here is where this shit goes sideways for me. The police could’ve picked this young woman up at anytime and arrested her without incident. Instead these idiots come in with nothing to identify them as police officers, claim this is standard procedure and then have the temerity to play the victim card (Shocking I know) and say officers were assaulted with rocks and other projectiles. You stupid fucks created that situation. 

This was an attempt to intimidate protesters, plain and simple. Once again it has had the opposite effect. When I was at the protest march on Saturday, from Brooklyn to Chelsea Piers, an NYPD chopper showed up above Cadman Park. The assclown piloting it got low enough to create a stiff breeze while attempting to drown out the speakers. Thankfully the sound system was really good. Eric Garner’s mother was speaking there. NYPD knew that and they hovered over the entire time she spoke. Fuck these petulant children for not being able to handle that people are sick of them.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

#ACAB

Fuck every last one of them that puts on a badge, gets paid with the tax dollars of their fellow citizens and does that to them. Blow the whole damn systemically racist and corrupt system up and start over. There is no getting through to these goose-stepping fascist clowns. 

• Like 1