Trump’s Gestapo in Portland

Hugo Stiglitz

2 minutes ago, BearSchlong said:

I have no fucking idea, I'm only relaying what local federal employees have been told.  The CS gas was used by the feds and apparently it wafted back into the offices.  No idea how many windows were broken as my sister is tucked away safely behind a VPN in her enclave of Happy Valley, OR and she hasn't been to the office today.

This place. . .just wow.

The feds should not be using gas. I agree on that.

• Hook 'Em 1

So some windows got broken and the reason she can’t work there is due to the feds, probably illegally, gassing the place.

Maybe the fed private trump army unidentifiable camo wearing jackboots should just leave instead of escalating everything.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Were journalists being attacked? Don’t get me wrong, the press should be protected. But what about their use at all when not on federal property. They should be barred from using tear gas. I can’t believe this stuff has to be ruled upon by a court. Are we a nation that respects the rule of law or not?

The English, despite all their flaws, created the greatest legal system the world has ever known.

A very large part of that was the English common law system largely based on trial by jury. We inherited that.

What that mean was during a trial your fate was not judged by the king, or nobles, but on 12 men (not women, pre “me too” movement) similar to you.

This was revolutionary because it meant that law was decided by the common man. So the entire group, not the elites, judged an individuals actions based on the action of that individual. And that was the law.

What fascism and trumpism does, is punishes the entire group in question, not the individual, based on an individuals action. It is the opposite of what are founding fathers intended and is a hallmark of fascist ideology. That is what trump supporters are unwittingly supporting. At least the ignorant ones are. Guys like Stephen Miller know exactly what they are doing.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

The English, despite all their flaws, created the greatest legal system the world has ever known.

A very large part of that was the English common law system largely based on trial by jury. We inherited that.

What that mean was during a trial your fate was not judged by the king, or nobles, but on 12 men (not women, pre “me too” movement) similar to you.

This was revolutionary because it meant that law was decided by the common man. So the entire group, not the elites, judged an individuals actions based on the action of that individual. And that was the law.

What fascism and trumpism does, is punishes the entire group in question, not the individual, based on an individuals action. It is the opposite of what are founding fathers intended and is a hallmark of fascist ideology. That is what trump supporters are unwittingly supporting. At least the ignorant ones are. Guys like Stephen Miller know exactly what they are doing.

It went to shit when US judges stopped wearing wigs.  Wigs are on their way out in the UK now too. Thats why Brexit happened. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, workswithseed said:

Haha, damn Tedd. You didn't know that they think you're a fascists?

This is why the Dems are shitty at winning elections. The mayor is there to help in this cause against clearly unconstitutional federal “policing” and violence, and they can’t wait to skewer him. 

7 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

281bd4408148b4231fa667393b8ed9bd.jpg

This.  I mean, I am being informed that Federal property and buildings are sacrosanct, and any mistreatment or damage of same MUST BE MET WITH THE FULL FORCE OF THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT.  LAW AND ORDER!

Is that not true?  Could it be that the administration is completely and totally full of shit?

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

This comparison really shows you the difference between the left and the right. When armed conservatives occupied a federal building, liberals sent them gifts!* What are conservatives sending to the protesters in Portland? Nothing. How rude.

*you know, dildos and lube

1 hour ago, Ths71 said:

Yeah. I didn’t think any of those dudes were pardoned.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Internet memes should not be taken as fact. Several of those people were shot by feds and sent to prison. I don't believe any were pardoned.

20 minutes ago, F250 said:

Internet memes should not be taken as fact. Several of those people were shot by feds and sent to prison. I don't believe any were pardoned.

The ranchers who inspired the whole thing (and had been convicted and were clearly guilty) were who he pardoned.  So, part of the team.  And the super-duper fun punch line is that his pardon of the men who inspired the illegal occupation of and damage to federal property....REWARDED those tactics.  He literally gave the Malheur occupiers what they demanded.

Lesson?  Sure looks to me like the lesson is "trash and occupy federal property, and get what you want from the POTUS."  Wait....I didn't read the fine print -- that only applies if you're a white male with political beliefs that mirror the conspiracy nutjobbery of the admin, THEN you get what you want from the POTUS.

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The ranchers who inspired the whole thing (and had been convicted and were clearly guilty) were who he pardoned.  So, part of the team.  And the super-duper fun punch line is that his pardon of the men who inspired the illegal occupation of and damage to federal property....REWARDED those tactics.  He literally gave the Malheur occupiers what they demanded.

Lesson?  Sure looks to me like the lesson is "trash and occupy federal property, and get what you want from the POTUS."  Wait....I didn't read the fine print -- that only applies if you're a white male with political beliefs that mirror the conspiracy nutjobbery of the admin, THEN you get what you want from the POTUS.

I get what you are saying and agree but the meme is false and falls into the disinformation category. It doesn't take much effort for someone to falsify the claim and then dismiss the rest of the information as untrue despite it being a nuanced case of Trump favoring right wing extremists. There are a shit ton of disinterested voters out there that will take the "everyone is lying" stance and just either not vote or vote Republican straight ticket by default because Trump can't be that bad.

• Hook 'Em 1

Yeah, aware of that. Saw a documentary on the incident on Amazon Prime a few weeks ago. Not as cognitive as Trump so thought I forgot something. Dude who was arrested for arson or something “inspired” the event. He was pardoned. He was apparently not really involved.

8 minutes ago, Ths71 said:

Yeah, aware of that. Saw a documentary on the incident on Amazon Prime a few weeks ago. Not as cognitive as Trump so thought I forgot something. Dude who was arrested for arson or something “inspired” the event. He was pardoned. He was apparently not really involved.

Not involved....he was just the entire inspiration for the whole thing.  Again, terrorists occupied and damaged federal property, demanding that Hammond be let off.

As a punishment for those terrorist actions, this regime.....gave them exactly what they wanted, and pardoned Hammond.

Lesson: terrorism by folks Trump agrees with gets rewarded.  Any acts, including non-violent acts, by folks that Trump disagrees with, should be met with terrorism of its own.  It's awesome.

1 hour ago, Pig Bellmont said:

100% this order is violated. Probably tonight. 

Happened last night actually

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/federal-agents-shoot-portland-reporter-hours-after-judge-issues-restraining-order-to-protect-journalists-during-protests/

edit: and it's not immediately clear, but the linked tweeter is a reporter for Oregon Public Broadcasting, so explicitly who the order was meant to protect

Edited by Captainant

lol

The federal courthouse still smells like tear gas, affecting those who work there.

"I'm so fucking pissed off about my pants being covered in shit!" exclaims man who loves to shit himself.

He said blaming federal agents for protecting federal property is “such an easy political out for people who want to politicize what’s going on, the politicizing of what the violence is what I am talking about.”

What about the federal agents who are assaulting people and arresting people blocks away from the federal building? Shooting shit at peaceful protesters? This Billy Williams guy sounds like a bootlicking prick.

“Look around. Do you think it’s OK? Is there any justification on this? I hope not. Portland is losing its soul right now.”

Your courthouse isn't the soul of the city you dumb bitch.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1