Trump’s Gestapo in Portland

Hugo Stiglitz

1 hour ago, MillerEP said:

Imagine you're a ICE agent with a nice federal government job. The government is still one of those places that offers a pension that allows you to retire after 20 years. Your place of business is the Justice Center in Portland, Oregon. You show up everyday at 8am, and work until 5pm, doing your job. Suddenly for 50 consecutive days your workplace has become a war zone, your building is constantly under protest. Your name, families name, and home of residence is being put out online because you work there. On your daily commute people are angrily yelling at you and vandalizing your building, and now after years of working there the city is telling you to leave. That's what these federal employees are in the middle of.

I totally get what you're saying.

The bourgeoisie classes are so comfortable that graffiti and yelling constitute such a dangerous "war zone" that they want the brutal march of fascism to protect their comforts.

It's always the same. History is kind of boring, really.

Edited by bad_teammate
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

I totally get what you're saying.

The bourgeoisie classes are so comfortable that graffiti and yelling constitute such a dangerous "war zone" that they want the brutal march of fascism to protect their comforts.

It's always the same. History is kind of boring, really.

I disagree with them wanting fascism as the solution to their problem, you may be going to the extreme. They just want stability and normalcy. Back to the way their lives were 60 days ago. To be hunted down for your job choices is pretty shitty, we're not talking about prison executioners here, but employees of the department of homeland security. Everybody has to put food on their plate. If you think anyone choosing a job that affords them some level of "comforts" as a bad thing, then I really don't know what to tell you, to me that seems the epitome of the American Dream.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

I disagree with them wanting fascism as the solution to their problem, you may be going to the extreme. They just want stability and normalcy. Back to the way their lives were 60 days ago. To be hunted down for your job choices is pretty shitty, we're not talking about prison executioners here, but employees of the department of homeland security.

"hunted down"

Who is "going to the extreme" now? These people aren't going to be fucking murdered in their beds; they're being yelled at because they're cogs in a death machine and don't want to acknowledge the cost of their comfort. Most people don't, so whatever.

Everybody has to put food on their plate. If you think anyone choosing a job that affords them some level of "comforts" as a bad thing, then I really don't know what to tell you, to me that seems the epitome of the American Dream.

The inability of people to live with moral/intellectual ambiguity is a massive problem. 

Our economic system often requires us to brutalize each other to get ahead. People lie to themselves and others about it so they don't have to acknowledge the machines they are part of, but that doesn't actually change the reality.

The ultimate fault is an economic system that has this requirement.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

So over the past couple weeks we've seen the president* refer to the Secret Service as the S.S., and use Gestapo tactics in Portland and the right wingers are bending themselves into pretzels trying to defend it.

Yet these same people lost their collective shit over the Jade Helm conspiracy.

2020 has lost the fucking plot

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

The President isn't interested in COVID-19 anymore, Americans can die and suffer without any help for that. No, he can actively hurt people with federal agents and watch them suffer. Much better for ratings! Chad Wolf is on board with that. So are Ken Cuccinelli and Stephen Miller.

7 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Y’all get ready. This is their test run.

I had suspicions, guess that makes it official. When the road show comes to Houston (after Chicago, Detroit, NYC, LA, and Seattle) let's all watch Greg Abbott stand up to them and order them out....

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, workswithseed said:

Any law that limits is a law against the 2nd amendment. You're not gonna make me budge.

Query: do you feel the same about the other amendments or is the 2nd special for some reason? Do you realize that almost every law limits your rights in some way or another? Do you disagree that bill of rights are subject reasonable restriction by government? 

7 hours ago, MillerEP said:

How is it uninvited? They work 5 times a week M-F in those buildings. They can't help but be in the middle of it. State and local leaders don't over-rule the federal government on what happens on federal government land.

Imagine you're a ICE agent with a nice federal government job. The government is still one of those places that offers a pension that allows you to retire after 20 years. Your place of business is the Justice Center in Portland, Oregon. You show up everyday at 8am, and work until 5pm, doing your job. Suddenly for 50 consecutive days your workplace has become a war zone, your building is constantly under protest. Your name, families name, and home of residence is being put out online because you work there. On your daily commute people are angrily yelling at you and vandalizing your building, and now after years of working there the city is telling you to leave. That's what these federal employees are in the middle of.

That does not matter to the antifa suckups. All federal employees are bad.

5 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Query: do you feel the same about the other amendments or is the 2nd special for some reason? Do you realize that almost every law limits your rights in some way or another? Do you disagree that bill of rights are subject reasonable restriction by government? 

I'd rather have dangerous freedom, myself. 

My thinking is that if I go the other way, instead of just conserve, it'd help more people out. I don't disagree.

35 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I had suspicions, guess that makes it official. When the road show comes to Houston (after Chicago, Detroit, NYC, LA, and Seattle) let's all watch Greg Abbott stand up to them and order them out....

Too easy....

5 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

I'd rather have dangerous freedom, myself. 

My thinking is that if I go the other way, instead of just conserve, it'd help more people out. I don't disagree.

So no restrictions on freedoms? No jail time for murders or robbers? After all, jail is an infringement of rights. If you think infringement is appropriate in those instances, then you have to admit rights are not without limits and can be restricted by the government under reasonable conditions. Or do you think the second amendment deserves more protection than any other right?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, DixonHur said:

So over the past couple weeks we've seen the president* refer to the Secret Service as the S.S., and use Gestapo tactics in Portland and the right wingers are bending themselves into pretzels trying to defend it.

Yet these same people lost their collective shit over the Jade Helm conspiracy.

2020 has lost the fucking plot

Also the Trump tweet on June 30th with 14 words and 88 characters with a big “Heritage, History” right in the middle.  

He’s a terrorist. 

10 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

lol "under siege" hahahah

Right because Portland hasn’t seen issues with leftist thugs over the years. We have a lot of allies that have dealt with slow burn insurgents like this that can help us in restoring order. They’re lucky we can’t adopt the successful strategies of Gen. Sisi in Egypt against the Muslim Brotherhood: they’re not peaceful protesters and neither are their tactics.  Remember the first and most important role of government is to maintain law order. I’m glad they’re feeling scared now. Even liberals I know living in Portland hate these assholes and there isn’t going to be an outpouring of sympathy for these guys getting detained and shortly later being released.

Edited by Iconoclast Texan
  • Fuck You 3

58 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

giphy.gif

18 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

A reminder that a court has already declared Cuccinelli’s appointment was illegal. And good luck proving up probable cause for these arrests.

And that's the excuse I'm already hearing from the Trumpers I know personally...that these people were "destroying" or "vandalizing" federal property (they've yet to produce evidence for this) and that DHS/ICE/CBP/ETC were all justified in performing these actions. It's truly sickening how low these people have stooped. 12 years ago, if you'd told me that the worst things to come out of these degenerates' mouths were "I ain't votin' for no nigger," I would have been appalled. Now? That would be an improvement. 

Edited by hpslugga
  • Like 1

A gentle reminder that this is DT not CR, and this thread is for news.

If you want to discuss the "cogs in the machine" or other shit take it to the CR.

This thread is for news, not your opinion of what should or shouldn't be happening by what organization.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, formermav43 said:

Christians are called to die for the Kingdom of God if necessary, not kill for it.

I’m not sure what you mean by “okay,” but in your hypothetical I expect some to renounce their faith and some to “obey God rather than men” and continue to assemble-the same two outcomes that existed in the early church. I don’t expect them to take up arms to overthrow the government anymore than Paul or Peter or Jesus did.

They choose forgiveness and turn the other cheek over the spear and for their trials, tribulations and suffering, are rewarded with the kingdom of Heaven. This was in accordance to the teachings of Christ.  I'm surprised more Christians don't know this since they're named after Christ.  Also, where are all the phony state's rights advocates?  

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Like 1

Just a friendly reminder we're all arguing with someone who didn't go to UT (or have any college I'm aware of).  

I'm not saying that's the requirement for posting here, but it means he's not the beneficiary of the same education level, worldliness, and worldview most of the rest of us have.  You can pretty clearly see the lack of critical thinking.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, formermav43 said:

I think that’s most people’s natural reaction. Just another example of how The Way is difficult.

I will say that, while my views on this subject are consistent with what we know about the actions of the earliest Christians, I think there are reasonable arguments to the contrary that are also rooted in Scripture. For instance, in your hypothetical, it’s an innocent being defended versus defending myself. Does love of my neighbor compel me to act, even with lethal force, in their defense? 

There are difficult questions to wrestle with in this area, and I won’t pretend that my view is universal by any means. What troubled me about his statements was 1) it was solely about self-defense, and I think that’s much less murky; but more so 2) it was taken for granted, encouraged even, that we should be armed and ready to kill. I can respect that someone might work this out differently, but even then it must be a regrettable last resort, not shoot first and let God sort it out.

I'm not so much a Christian but do believe in the Ten Commandments as a way of governance for civilization.  However, I'm not going to pretend and be a phony Christian in words only.  I fully understand what you're saying and so should a Christian nation.  The fact is that it's not, it's a nation controlled by greedy 1%ers that use the Bible, police, military and government to line their pockets and get citizens to vote against their self interests.  I believe that the reward for a good life is a good life.  However, the government would also have me and my family's brains bashed in, imprisoned or enslaved if I'm peaceful, actually Christian, an immigrant, a minority, mentally ill, sick, and on and on, under the current administration.   

Edited by Mdhorn

Thanks BL. Probably using "Gestapo" in the title didn't help. Yall keep your eyes out for accounts of these illegal, they are absolutely illegal, actions of federal authorities. It IS happening and it could happen to any of us. 

These goons are setting a very precedent t by not identifying themselves. A precedent leading to any group of thugs to don camo with a generic police patch, and begin terrorizing the public.

• Like 1

Yall keep your eyes out for accounts of these illegal, they are absolutely illegal, actions of Antifa. It IS happening and it could happen to any of us.

These Antifa goons are setting a very bad precedent by not identifying themselves. A precedent leading to any group of thugs to don black camo with Marxist markings, and begin terrorizing the public.

Edited by Shaggybevo
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

15 minutes ago, Shaggybevo said:

Yall keep your eyes out for accounts of these illegal, they are absolutely illegal, actions of Antifa. It IS happening and it could happen to any of us.

These Antifa goons are setting a very bad precedent by not identifying themselves. A precedent leading to any group of thugs to don black camo with Marxist markings, and begin terrorizing the public.

Wow. You just owned yourself but are way too stupid to realize it.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

while my views on this subject are consistent with what we know about the actions of the earliest Christians

Your views write allegorical myths that will one day be misconstrued as literal history? 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

Just a friendly reminder we're all arguing with someone who didn't go to UT (or have any college I'm aware of).  

I'm not saying that's the requirement for posting here, but it means he's not the beneficiary of the same education level, worldliness, and worldview most of the rest of us have.  You can pretty clearly see the lack of critical thinking.  

It’s actually pretty embarrassing for him trying to argue his position logically. He’s derailed the thread with stupid gun arguments that make no sense. Can the adults here get back to the actual discussion of federal LE overreach

35 minutes ago, Shaggybevo said:

I’m Antifa.  You better call the feds. 

3 hours ago, Dahobbs said:

When his thought leaders tell him what to think about the other amendments, he'll let us know. 

I mean, would it surprise anyone if they sent the goons to say, predominantly minority area voting lines,kidnapped a few, then set them loose? All in the name of intimidation?

As appalling as this is on its own, my bigger concern is that this is yet another instance of Trump testing boundaries and seeing what he can get away with.
He did it when he called for money that Congress allocated to the military to be redirected to fund his stupid wall (with support from military leaders, somehow).
He does it every time he "jokes" about foreign leaders with lifetime tenures and says we oughtta try that in the United States, lol, I'm just kidding of course, lol.
The man's been pushing and testing and checking to see where the limits are for 3.5 years.  And he hasn't found any.  There's nothing he can't do because he's bent the entire Republican Party and its media bullshit machine to his will.
And this is what we get.  Literal jackbooted thugs attacking American citizens in the streets.
Come on, NRA.  This is your moment.  You know what, and I can't believe I'm about to say this...  Y'all were right all along.  You really did need all those big dick guns to protect yourselves from your own government.
Now, what are you going to do about this?
Nothing.  Because you don't give a damn about tyranny and oppression as long as you think the people it's pointed at deserve it.  You're the mob, an easily manipulated bunch of marks.  They'll get you to cheer for tyranny and oppression.  You'll think and do whatever you're told to. 
Pretty soon, federal military in unmarked gear in major American cities will be the norm.  You'll get used to it quickly, because you'll be told to.  And it's not pointed at you anyway, right? 
This country is in an awful lot of trouble and it's getting worse by the day.  
How could we have been this stupid?

How does democracy die? With thunderous applause.
  • Like 2