Trump’s Gestapo in Portland

Hugo Stiglitz

1 hour ago, Shaggybevo said:

Yall keep your eyes out for accounts of these illegal, they are absolutely illegal, actions of Antifa. It IS happening and it could happen to any of us.

These Antifa goons are setting a very bad precedent by not identifying themselves. A precedent leading to any group of thugs to don black camo with Marxist markings, and begin terrorizing the public.

I'm ANTIFA. I'm coming for you.

14 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

Write a Facebook or Twitter post that doesn't align with the dictatorship, and you get disappeared. 

Because that's what these people are doing. Writing twitter posts. Not parading around trying to start shit in para military gear like a bunch of insecure 8th graders. They're actually acting quite similar to the police force that they're "protesting". Horseshoe theory of politics and all that.

13 hours ago, Jack Straw said:

and no one will do anything about it. 

and there will be no consequences for Trump and his traitorous Republican enablers.  

next.  

Assuming you vote and/or protest to make your voice heard, what have you asked your elected representatives to do about holding Trump and Republicans accountable?

7 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Because that's what these people are doing. Writing twitter posts. Not parading around trying to start shit in para military gear like a bunch of insecure 8th graders. They're actually acting quite similar to the police force that they're "protesting". Horseshoe theory of politics and all that.

No.. it's an eventuality. 

Edited by MissingInAction

1 hour ago, Shaggybevo said:

Yall keep your eyes out for accounts of these illegal, they are absolutely illegal, actions of Antifa. It IS happening and it could happen to any of us.

These Antifa goons are setting a very bad precedent by not identifying themselves. A precedent leading to any group of thugs to don black camo with Marxist markings, and begin terrorizing the public.

Look at this fucking brainlet

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Is that what all the people they detained were doing? 

If so, why did they let them go without any charges or citations?

Is every protester violent? 

DHS said yesterday they are going to be bringing these tactics to other American cities? You ok with that? If they came to Houston or Dallas and did this?

Bugaloo boys and other far right extremists have recently committed murders and sought to unleash carnage in order to trigger a war. Should non-violent far-right protesters expect to be kidnapped because they share some beliefs with the terrorists?

2 minutes ago, Foosters said:

DHS said yesterday they are going to be bringing these tactics to other American cities? You ok with that? If they came to Houston or Dallas and did this?

Bugaloo boys and other far right extremists have recently committed murders and sought to unleash carnage in order to trigger a war. Should non-violent far-right protesters expect to be kidnapped because they share some beliefs with the terrorists?

Bugaloo boys are busy recording themselves for Youtube jumping off garage roofs onto folding tables 

11 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

roux... come on, RDC.

I might expect that from these uneducateds that put fucking mushrooms in their crawfish boils, but you been tailgating in BR long enough to know better.

Well, this is the kind of fuck-up I was bound to do after gettin all uppity about LSU fans.

I'll quit drankin now.

• Like 1

They will continue to do this. In Portland and elsewhere. Fucking resist.

Shine a light on it. Call it out relentlessly. The Trump base is masturbating with fervent joy about this racist bullshit. They are lost. Someday, we’ll need to deal with them. But for now, show this to everyone else, who knows that fascism is fucked. Show them that a vote for the GOP would be a green light for unfettered authoritarianism. Show them the truth, nothing more, nothing less.

Let Trump appeal to his base, and alienate everyone else. Make sure that’s exactly what happens.

Oh, and if someone in an unmarked vehicle without clearly visible credentials indicating they are law enforcement tries to grab you, you should probably do what any sane person would do in that situation: shoot them.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

These federal police are using chemical weapons against American citizens peacefully demonstrating blocks from any of the federal buildings.

I am offering zero commentary on whether or not this is good or bad. Who can even know? Certainly not me!

But wait.... here's a unverified tweet claiming that Antifa was planning on turning the march into a massacre!

Also, as so explicitly stated above by @MillerEP, the ends justify the means.

Just now, Armybrat said:

Just like BLM?

Was Micah Xavier Johnson a member of BLM or is him being black enough?

Because the Oakland killer certainly was Boogaloo...

Carrillo, prior to his arrest, used his own blood to scrawl the word “boog” and “I became unreasonable” on the hood of the vehicle he carjacked, the complaint says. Both phrases are also associated with "Boogaloo," a term used by extremists to reference a violent uprising or impending civil war in the U.S., the complaint says.

34 minutes ago, Foosters said:

Are the Boogaloo boys out every night causing problems in Portland? No it’s these antifa punks. What you will see soon if this keeps up will be a  organized and armed group of patriots protecting their property if this madness isn’t put down. You should be thankful that the DHS is stepping up and tamping down the insurgents before armed militias on the side that I’m on step in. More than half of the country when polled support bringing troops in to stop riots. Law and order has ALWAYS won in this country in the end and it has always resulted in a backlash against those inciting violence. Finally, I would be 100% ok with this going down in Houston if it was needed. Antifa knows it can’t get away with their bullshit in Texas so it’s a moot point.

Edited by Iconoclast Texan
  • Fuck You 14

15 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Law and order has ALWAYS won in this country in the end and it has always resulted in a backlash against those inciting violence.

Except for, you know, when law and order is the group inciting the violence

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Except for, you know, when law and order is the group inciting the violence

When the public is dealing with lawlessness, property destruction and violence by insurgents, they will run to the safety of the police and the apparatus of the state no matter how flawed they may be. That is what I mean by people choosing law and order. No one is running into the arms of antifa to be their protector. 

Edited by Iconoclast Texan
  • Fuck You 7

1 minute ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

When the public is dealing with lawlessness, property destruction and violence by insurgents, they will run to the safety of the police and the apparatus of the state no matter how flawed they may be. That is what I mean by people choosing law and order. No one is running into the arms of antifa to be their protector.

Antifa isn't a federal agency using taxpayer money to violate people's civil rights. What destruction of property is going on? I've seen mainly graffiti and people getting arrested for walking around holding a sign. 

Your dog whistling of LAW AND ORDER schitck is getting old. As is your extremely charged rhetoric. Antifa isn't killing people or running over protesters with cars. That's the right wing extremists. I hear some even want to shoot people crossing the border, vigilante style

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

But when the right kills people (I'd argue more egregious than property destruction, but I can't calibrate your moral compass for you) it's just an isolated incident or lone wolf. When the left does it, better round 'em all up.

• Like 5

The Trump base is shrinking daily and this shit just ensures it will continue. He has completely forgotten about Covid. Stimulus money is coming to an end with no plan to re-up. When people quit spending the true effects on the economy are going to be apparent, and since we didn’t contain covid when we had a chance we won’t be able to open back up. He will be mid 30’s in approval ratings in a month and if the goon squads are really coming to a metro near you he’ll be under 30

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

For people like me that are politically moderate it's becoming very difficult to align with or have sympathy for either side when shit like this happens. It's just turned into a pissing contest to see who can best spread disinformation and rhetoric based in absolutism, and it completely distracts from any protesting that has merit and legitimacy. 

At this point I have no idea what people on the streets of Portland are protesting. It just seems like they are poking the bear and then complaining when the bear gets angry because of it. I think the majority of Americans would agree that the police is overmilitarized - but I fail to see what testing their limits for the sake of testing them does to mollify the situation or work towards progress. If anything it gives the "opposition" more room to lash back and create talking points in their favor.

If you're ok with what is happening here, then you are not politically moderate. You are authoritarian. 

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Like 8

I am antifascist.

Ken Cuccinelli, Chad Wolfe, and AG Barr can tell their personal army to march their jackboots over the the Courthouse and stand in front of it if they are concerned about a little spray paint. The Governor, the mayor and their respective law enforcement and guardspeople can work with the citizens of that state and city to determine their own path of reconciliation and understanding.

But anonymously intimidating citizenry to score political points and inculcate fear is a great way to end up with collateral damage in the form of American lives. People will fight back. ICE "military" will test the boundaries and rules of engagement. Someone with a CCL who happens to think they are being kidnapped will get shot, a military type with a lust for abuse will cross the line and on and on.

Roy Banks, Robert Fassnacht, Private Robert Hunt, Allison Beth Krause, Jeffery Glenn Miller, Albert Robinson, Sandra Lee Scheuer, William Knox Schroeder and many many more. Some were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time. One was the spark to a flame. Others were exercising their first amendment rights.

Don't wait for Kent State or a bombing. Speak up now. The carnage this time around will be much worse. The government is getting much better at killing. We've already lost 140,000 this year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Are the Boogaloo boys out every night causing problems in Portland? No it’s these antifa punks. What you will see soon if this keeps up will be a  organized and armed group of patriots protecting their property if this madness isn’t put down. You should be thankful that the DHS is stepping up and tamping down the insurgents before armed militias on the side that I’m on step in. More than half of the country when polled support bringing troops in to stop riots. Law and order has ALWAYS won in this country in the end and it has always resulted in a backlash against those inciting violence. Finally, I would be 100% ok with this going down in Houston if it was needed. Antifa knows it can’t get away with their bullshit in Texas so it’s a moot point.

Yes. So are the feds. No one in leadership in Portland or Oregon wants the feds there. Donald Trump is doing this because he is weak and his campaign is failing. It has nothing whatsoever to do with keeping the peace.

• Like 5

Ahhh...I see the far-right is on their monthly “ANTIFA is coming” freakout?  Lol sad sacks of shit scared of a boogeyman 

Imaginary lawless mobs coming to kill us all is always more fearful than actual authoritarian secret police actually grabbing people off the streets...when you’re a fucking fascist.

That’s been the most eye-opening thing about the last 4 years - we’ve seen that a huge hunk of America is gleeful fascists. Foreigners, “agitators,” protesters...they have to be seized and controlled by The State, by force of course. 40% of Americans are modern Nazis. That’s a fucking cancer.
  • Like 5

26 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

If you're ok with what is happening here, then you are not politically moderate. You are authoritarian. 

I'm not really okay with what either side is doing. The point I'm making is that the people being targeted are a bunch of delusional jackasses that have no idea what they're "fighting" for. It's an insipid distraction. I don't have to condone the stupidity of the far left just because the military industrial complex has been allowed to pull strings unchecked for decades now. I'm glad people are waking up to the reality of our oppression - but I think we are well short of a need for anarchy. BLM and anti-police brutality is being heard. Let's not delegitimize it. 

• Like 2

Jfc, go to a hospital and get a MRI scan of your brain now. Nothing you post has any coherence. Like a parrot repeating what its owners say over and over again. 

Edited by MissingInAction
  • Like 6

17 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I'm not really okay with what either side is doing. The point I'm making is that the people being targeted are a bunch of delusional jackasses that have no idea what they're "fighting" for. It's an insipid distraction. I don't have to condone the stupidity of the far left just because the military industrial complex has been allowed to pull strings unchecked for decades now. I'm glad people are waking up to the reality of our oppression - but I think we are well short of a need for anarchy. BLM and anti-police brutality is being heard. Let's not delegitimize it. 

What specifically do you believe these folks were doing? The very fact that people are being taken and released without being charged should be a huge fucking sign to you that the allegations of criminal activity are completely fabricated bullshit. If you blindly accept the authoritarian message, then they have won. 

• Like 3

Welcome back to the mosh pit. 

Here's your neg. Fuck off.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Continental Op said:

Ha.  A thread about this gets bounced off of Daily Texan but 30 pages of people freaking the fuck out about the CHAZ that definitely goes beyond the dispassionate reporting of news/facts stays?  The moderation here is fucking hilarious.  

Dirty liberals are only allowed in the CR. If you so much as fart in another thread, the snowflakes melt en masse.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1