2018 Body Transformation Thread

8 hours ago, pearlandhorn said:

Low carb is going well. I’m 5 days in and honestly feel better physically. It’s a big life style change going from just eating whatever I want to looking at labels. Next weigh in on Friday. I’m sure I’ll see some good news.

If you're not doing it yet, you should try to incorporate the 16/8 fast as well.  Eat between noon and 8:00 pm.  Easiest way I have found to drop calories is by dropping a meal and I don't miss it at all.

• Like 1

Just now, Jerry Callo said:

If you're not doing it yet, you should try to incorporate the 16/8 fast as well.  Eat between noon and 8:00 pm.  Easiest way I have found to drop calories is by dropping a meal and I don't miss it at all.

Funny you mention that simply because that is what I’m doing. Only thing I have for breakfast is coffee. I’m not doing without that. I eat lunch which today consists of a spinach salad and some ground beef. Dinner will be salmon and broccoli. Oh and a shit ton of water.

1 hour ago, Amos Moses said:

Don't get caught running behind the devil today.  Yeesh.  That's a potent mix for a hazardous cloud release.

I thought about that and that's why I ate the pickle. It was kosher and you know how the Jews hate gas...

Too soon?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Last time I ate was last Saturday. No plans to eat until this Saturday. Decided this time to stay off the scale for a week. Been weighing every morning since New Years. 

I was a crawfish boil Saturday. Ate a bunch of crawfish. One small potato. Some corn on the cob too. ZERO beers. Only Topo Chico. I was pretty happy with myself for passing on the suds. Then I came home to half of a large leftover cheese pizza that the GF's kids ordered but didn't finish. I scrarfed that mofo. Ugh. Back on track though...

Bernard

Last time i ate was saturday as well, had a fajita salad with guac for lunch and some unbreaded hot wings for dinner (6).   Since March 17th i have eaten a total of 3 days.     Have lost 35lbs in a bit less than a month.   

We leave leave for Isla mujeres on may 12th, so I am going to keep this  6 / 1  *6 days no eating, 1 day eating keto till then we leave.    Then probably modify the 6/1  and throw in a dinner on wed night with the wife.    

For whatever reason, fasting is super easy for me - way better than dieting -  Then when i get down below 200 (end of June i would think)  going to shift into an every other day thing - or something that maintains in that 190-200 range that i can live long term with.   I'll figure it out when i get there.

Since that last 3-day fast where I lost 8 lbs or so, I've been holding steady. Only gained 1 of those 8 back after eating again.  I've been eating 1 or 2 meals a day since then. Haven't lost any, but haven't gained. I'm thinking I'll do another 3-day starting Monday.

I've been doing ultra lazy keto.  Not drinking water like I should. Eating Spam and BBQ.  Having the BBQ sauce.  Ultra lazy and not gaining. That's a good thing.  It's good to have 10 days where you stop worrying so much about counting macros and it doesn't go off the rails.  Now I just need to refocus.

Edited by Longhorn Al

On 4/9/2018 at 6:27 AM, pearlandhorn said:

316.6 as of Friday afternoon.

Hard to believe I’ve let myself get this bad. Started low carb lifestyle change and exercised over the weekend. Just stepped on the scale. 311.1 as of Monday morning before work. I would imagine 3 pounds of that is water as I’ve been pissing like a racehorse. Apparently that’s normal. Felt like total shit last night but powered through and feel OK this morning. I’m training my body to burn stored fat rather than carb intake.

I have to tell myself that this gets easier and it has over the course of 3 days. Keep on the right path and I can see the rewards.

Fight the good fight man.  It gets easier when you get into a rhythm.  If you have the time in morning, walk for 20-30 min and slug a cup of coffee.  Jump starts the metabolism for the day.  

Also, grab an active men’s multi if you can.  Muscle tech platinum is only $13 on amazon prime and lasts 30 days.

Edited by GlenFromTheMailRoom

36 minutes ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

Fight the good fight man.  It gets easier when you get into a rhythm.  If you have the time in morning, walk for 20-30 min and slug a cup of coffee.  Jump starts the metabolism for the day.  

Also, grab an active men’s multi if you can.  Muscle tech platinum is only $13 on amazon prime and lasts 30 days.

I’m going to start taking the dog for a walk in the morning. Honestly it’s a bit surprising how much better I’ve slept the last few nights since I was up all night Sunday with stomach and body aches.

Today is 90 days keto for me. I’m down 20 pounds only counting carbs. Long term goal is drop to 185 then build up to 195.

It’s been very easy, I don’t feel hungry. I’m considering doing some ~60 hour fasts; start fasting Sunday after dinner break fast on Wednesday morning. Seems daunting now, will see how it goes.

Here is my weight chart, uploaded from my phone, hope it’s not a chart for ants:
991bd89ab6406832ec5475c51aeb1107.jpg

Thanks for the inspiration shaggy surly!

Edited by Masshole Horn
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

Just can't figure it out.  Been doing the same routine for 11 weeks and every week I have lost weight.  This week I gain it.

Have you been fasting?  I just finished a 41 hour fast.  Prior to that I was doing Intermenting Fasting for 23 hours a day for 5 days.  It works and weight comes off.  Plus, I feel much better not eating then when I do eat.  It’s a weird concept, but it works.  

I started out with short fasts, but increased the time.  Much easier for me to do it that way.  When I do eat, I try to not eat any carbs, or very little.

Down 16 pounds in 8 days.  It’s a process I think I can maintain.

Good luck...

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

Just can't figure it out.  Been doing the same routine for 11 weeks and every week I have lost weight.  This week I gain it.

Stalls happen no matter what kind of workouts/diet you are doing.

I'm doing keto, only eating one meal a day, every other week or so throwing in a 2 day fast, and walking 3+ miles a day.  All while eating less than 2k cals a day because I'm never fucking hungry.  Literally have to force myself to eat.  You know what my weight does?  Up a bit one day.  Static the next.  Static the next.  I start getting pissed off.  Then, wham, I'll lose three pounds. 

The fat you burn will get replaced with water.  You'll carry that water around with you for days or a week or more until your body decides to dump it.  I would only get concerned about a stall if it went on for more than 2 weeks.  If that happened, then I'd consider adjusting my macros, calorie intake, workouts, etc.  Most likely if you stick to what you're doing you're going to see a bigger loss next week.

Just my 2 cents. 

Edited by SpiralOut

I was hoping to give you guys an 80 pounds loss update today...

...but the scale says I'm now down 81 pounds. 

Just had some bacon and pumpkin seeds for breakfast. First food of any kind since last Saturday. A friend is having a birthday party tonight with Pappasito's catering, so I'll be downing some chicken and beef fajita meat and guac for sure. Booze too. Next fast starts tomorrow. Hopefully no hangover. I started a new fast on a hangover once (Golden Nugget roadie). That was a mistake.

Bernard

Edited by Bernard

I haven't had any great loss since I started eating keto-ish but I have steadily gone down albeit in very small increments. Maybe 11 pounds over the last 13 or so weeks.

I say "keto-ish" because I haven't measured shit and have no idea what I'm doing. I just know that I haven't intentionally ingested a carb since the 4th week of January. No pasta, potatoes, bread, ice cream, fruits etc...None of that stuff. I've turned down cake and candy a bunch of times.

I still haven't upped my exercise game though and that's probably what will trigger some bigger losses. I'm just finding it hard to get motivated. There are other factors at play there that probably belong in the OCD/Depression thread though the warmer weather seems to be pushing me, with outdoor activities being more attractive.

Keep at it lardasses!

Edited by El Diablo

On 4/13/2018 at 12:47 PM, SpiralOut said:

Stalls happen no matter what kind of workouts/diet you are doing.

Yeah, I lost +/- 25 lbs, and continuing the same basic approach to calorie restriction and exercise, I have stalled a bit.  Lost 2 pounds over 2 weeks, when I was losing at a much more rapid pace before.  If I can lose 10 more, I'll move to stabilization, whatever that is.

Broke my keto diet over the weekend. Sister was in town and we went out to eat. I thought it over and the place we wanted to go just wasn't the sort of place where you'd want to go keto, a Cajun fried food joint. I had a few hushpuppies and the fries that came with my breaded fish and shrimp. It was good but no big deal. I was right at 90 days so I guess I was due. Back to bacon, eggs, cream etc...

I had my lipids checked after 2 weeks on Keto, then again after 13 weeks on Keto. Results:

Previous results in parentheses.

Total Cholesterol - 106 mg (123 mg)

HDL - 35 mg (36 mg)

LDL - 52 mg (64 mg)

Trig - 96 mg (155 mg)

VLDL - 19 mg (N/A)

Non-HDL - 71 mg (87 mg)

Total:HDL ratio - 3.03 (3.42)

LDL:HDL ratio - 1.49 (1.78)

My A1C was 5.1.

• Like 1

Just finished a 3-day fast.  Feel fucking phenomenal.  I normally walk 3 miles a day, but I had so much energy during the fast I upped it to 6 miles. 

And to break the fast?  Yeah, Whataburger Triple Meat Triple Cheese w/ bacon, jalapenos, avocado, and no bun.  Then I crushed a bag of pork rinds.  Felt like I could take on the entire Empire by myself.

• Like 1

Body ups your noradrenaline production (or maybe release?) when you fast. The energy boost is impressive. It’s like nature/evolution giving you exactly what you need to go out and slay a beast for dinner. The effects taper over time. Not sure if it’s because my hormones are fucked, or of my body is no longer in a food panic since my fat burning is fully ramped up and all energy needs are being met.

Bernard

So i have been doing 6 day fasts with 1 day eating for a month.   This last weekend i broke my fast with a little more food than usual,  saturday morning, eggs, bacon and quac, sat night, about 10 non breaded hot wings, sunday morning brisket, sausage and some chicken, sunday night in an astros suite,  hamburger patty, queso, guac and about a 1/2 size portion of nachos.

Woke up monday morning 10 lbs heavier - this morning already back to where i started sat morning, as expected -  but thats not the point of the story.

I woke up monday morning with my ankles kind of hurting and a bit swollen, that's weird i thought - i didn't twist an ankle or anything - cut to last night - couldn't walk on one of my ankles at all - swollen like an elephant  - thats new...     looked it up -   re-feeding edema.       95% gone today - very little pain.

I wont be breaking my fasts quite as hard core in the future.  

54 minutes ago, Mr. Drummond said:

So i have been doing 6 day fasts with 1 day eating for a month.   This last weekend i broke my fast with a little more food than usual,  saturday morning, eggs, bacon and quac, sat night, about 10 non breaded hot wings, sunday morning brisket, sausage and some chicken, sunday night in an astros suite,  hamburger patty, queso, guac and about a 1/2 size portion of nachos.

Woke up monday morning 10 lbs heavier - this morning already back to where i started sat morning, as expected -  but thats not the point of the story.

I woke up monday morning with my ankles kind of hurting and a bit swollen, that's weird i thought - i didn't twist an ankle or anything - cut to last night - couldn't walk on one of my ankles at all - swollen like an elephant  - thats new...     looked it up -   re-feeding edema.       95% gone today - very little pain.

I wont be breaking my fasts quite as hard core in the future.  

Holy shit, that's weird.  Glad you're back to normal. 

I got back on the scale this morning and am 304.  Down about 3 more pounds from last Saturday.

21 hours ago, ColoradoHorn said:

Been doing a 16 hour fast for the past 18 months 3 times a week and am down 45 pounds.  Have to do something when your doctor says you have Bitch Tits he also put me on testosterone.

what is your dosage?  If your doc put you on T and doesnt look at your estradiol or give you an aromatase inhibitor then he doesn't really know much about T.  Plus, if you have bitch tits then you have a high estradiol.