Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

2 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

Lol at Looch - "Mike Elko had a sales pitch and plan for this place. I would bet a million dollars that he was the most impressive person they talked to because he was knowledgeable of this place and because of who he is."

Elko was so impressive that the interviewer Bjork decided to offer Mark Stoops first...

Let me tell you what Elko's plans are for College Station:

A26U6387.jpg

• Haha 3

On 11/29/2023 at 10:17 AM, Tex Pete said:

It's awesome how Billy just pastes Elko's name into his articles where Fisher was.

"Everything is wonderful!. Fisher Elko is checking all the boxes. He loves coaches. Coaches love him. He loves players. Players love him. Fisher Elko is creating a championship culture here in Aggieland. We will look back on this period in short order as when Jimbo Fisher Mike Elko transformed Aggie Football from a sleeping giant into a perennial powerhouse.... The worm is turning. Hold the rope. Happy days are here again. Boop Boop Beep Bop" 

Ag_Libs_Title.png.b1611120ca6136b76dd2d78b1150ba9a.png

• Haha 3

On 11/29/2023 at 1:52 PM, Tex-19 said:

Lol at Looch - "Mike Elko had a sales pitch and plan for this place. I would bet a million dollars that he was the most impressive person they talked to because he was knowledgeable of this place and because of who he is."

Elko was so impressive that the interviewer Bjork decided to offer Mark Stoops first...

If Elko was clearly who they wanted, the search could've ended in around 48 hrs.  From the moment Jimbo was canned, it was obvious he would be the most obvious replacement candidate.

Either a) they had other candidates above him who they waited to reject them before settling, b) they wanted him but not at this price, and waited for other candidates to reject them before caving, or my favorite choice c) a healthy mix of both.

Edited by Bill Lumbergh
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/30/2023 at 1:56 PM, Bill Lumbergh said:

If Elko was clearly who they wanted, the search could've ended in around 48 hrs.  From the moment Jimbo was canned, it was obvious he would be the most obvious replacement candidate.

Either a) they had other candidates above him who they waited to reject them before settling, b) they wanted him but not at this price, and waited for other candidates to reject them before caving, or my favorite choice c) a healthy mix of both.

They literally had Stoops on a plane flying to aggy to take the job, of course he wasn't the 1st choice. It was a rushed hire after the Stoops debacle played out over a couple of hours. They were so fucked that they still gave Elko a contact worth more than 2 of the coaches that are currently in the CFP.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2023 at 11:52 AM, Tex-19 said:

He knows which patches of grass only seniors are allowed to walk on, and he knows if the dog barks, practice is over.

On 10/8/2022 at 10:29 PM, Bruh Man said:

They are throwing a shitload of talented players at the problem so damn straight recruiting matters. Eventually, the talent will overcome Jumbo's deficiencies. But to answer your question directly, I've always said that 2023/24 are when they start winning big (playoffs). This is the year before the year for A&M much like it is for us. I have never been bullish on this QB so he'll either have to become serviceable over the next year or Weigman will need to be ready by next season. Either way, I am very bullish on them getting at least 9 wins next year and 10 the following year as long as they don't have a mass exodus of disgruntled players. 

This notion that I have been predicting playoffs the last 5+ years for them is a total misnomer that you created out of your peanut brain. 

Good call, aggy.  

• Haha 5