Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

Just now, Ricky's one-hitter said:

What is this aggy infatuation with the image of Jimbo? Why tf does his mug end up in half the edits they send out?

It's the closest they get to a bluechip/national championship halo effect.

Also he still has a national rep as a QB whisperer for some reason.

Edited by texifornia
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Honest question here. Mond seemed to improve. 3rd round pick, 66 overall for him surprised me, still. Any credit due to cuck face deserved for this?

6 minutes ago, mantis toboggan said:

Honest question here. Mond seemed to improve. 3rd round pick, 66 overall for him surprised me, still. Any credit due to cuck face deserved for this?

In a way. He put him in an offense that did not often demand or ask him to perform outside of his physical abilities and that meant there weren’t extensive opportunities for him to make the types of errors that have scouts shake their heads. He did get him to a point as a senior where he played with a cool head most of the time and stayed within the offense. A lot of the NFL is still boring and drools over game-manager types. 

26 minutes ago, texifornia said:

he somehow got ej manuel and christian ponder drafted in the first round. lifetime pass. 

What is this aggy infatuation with the image of Jimbo? Why tf does his mug end up in half the edits they send out?
At dfw this week I passed a guy who looked to be in his 60s wearing a maroon shirt that only said "jimbo"...and the "j" was in their bizarre bevel font. It had no other a&m markings and, amazingly, no sec logo. It was one of the worst shirts I've ever seen.

aggy's obsession with jimbo is the same as their obsession with the sec. There's really nothing to be proud of in terms of accomplishments of their program, so to justify their irrational ego, they have to claim greatness by association.

They've won exactly shit in the sec, but they're in a conference with some good teams so they'll brag about that. Jimbo has won exactly shit with aggy, but he did win some games at fsu, so they'll brag about that. It's really the most fittingly aggy thing they do. Well, that and the nut grabbing.
  • Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
I bet he's got a nice collection of gold nugget jewelry.

He must have a gold nugget Rolex somewhere in his house. Probably one for everyday of the week. He must sit back and light cigars with $100 bills and just giggle. I wish him only the worst. He and the rest of those inbred farmers. Suck it hayseeds.
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Okcool said:

Parents are tech legacies. Think Flood has better options at OTs for 2023 class. 

He's the only in-state OT with a Texas offer so far.  Isaiah Robinson had one from the previous staff, but I haven't ever seen if the new staff re-offered.

1 minute ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

He's the only in-state OT with a Texas offer so far.  Isaiah Robinson had one from the previous staff, but I haven't ever seen if the new staff re-offered.

Yeah, they were clearly interested in Thomasson, just got beat. They've at least been touch with Robinson but they haven't been making a ton of moves with a lot of the guys beyond 2022, esp up front. here's a 247update from June 1 ::

2023 Arlington Lamar OL Isaiah Robinson recently had a Zoom presentation with the Texas staff. I was told that Robinson and his family were impressed with the presentation and they've been growing in their relationship with Texas offensive line coach Kyle Flood. They will make a trip to Austin later this month as they are targeting the 25th as a time to make it to campus.

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t know how the services gather enough information to evaluate this kid as a four star. Did some desultory browsing of RIG Academy and it’s an American football only institution in Sweden that exists only to try and get kids scholarships. Last year they sent an OL to West Virginia and someone else to Stony Brook.

I think it was SMU a while back that grabbed a seven foot Estonian from the track team and turned him into an NFL drafted DE.  There’s for sure a wealth of big athletic people around the Baltic Coast but no infrastructure really for American football.

well, good thing is if this Swedish fish comes to A&M, he won't be expected to start right away; he will have time to learn and get coached. They're probably looking for that "open to coaching" attribute in these prospects which do seem like quite a bit of a stretch...not like American schools are running out of good TE talent.

• Fuck You 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...