2020 Thinking Texas Football is available

blacklab

Paul Waddington aka Scipio on the various longhorn internets has released his 2020 copy of Thinking Texas Football.

Scipio is a good dude and deserves our support.

From Scipio:

The 8th annual 2020 Longhorn Football Prospectus: Thinking Texas Football is here.

You can grab the Amazon print (magazine sized hard copy paperback) or Smashwords (digital edition, downloads instantly to all platforms: KindleiPad, your computer - do EPUB).

If you want to help a brother out:

1. Buy it. Smash it. Or get the print version. It’s also a terrific gift.
2. Rate & Review. It’s critical to the publication’s success. Five stars and a few informative words about what you liked is vital in convincing prospective readers to jump in.
3. Spread the word. Spread it to your network. You may assume people know about it. They don't. Put up a post. Share on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or with your local Texas-Exes chapter. Word of mouth is the book’s lifeblood.

Finally, I want to thank Lognhorn Scott for his excellent design work. Will Gallagher supplied the photos. If you appreciate the visual arts, or just want some kickass man cave decor, check out Gallagher studios and let him know where you heard about him.  

Thanks for reading and rec'ing.

• Like 8

I read the thread title as “2020, Thinking College Football is Available.” I thought it was the optimist/delusional thread for those of us who’d like to imagine there will be football this fall.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, horngasm2020 said:

do boomers really pay to read someone's opinions? there is this cool thing called the internet where you can read many people's opinions and for free.

Well, we have money and we're not cheepscates so, yeah. We also capitalize at the start of a sentence.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mole said:

I read the thread title as “2020, Thinking College Football is Available.” I thought it was the optimist/delusional thread for those of us who’d like to imagine there will be football this fall.

"Well, thinking about football's all we're gonna get to do."

• Like 1

Well worth the threefiddy x 2.85. The best $9.99 you will spend. I highly recommend. Been reading since 2016. I use it all season. It blows the other publications away. Don't be cheap bastards. Trust me.

Also recommended Scipio's EGAT (Everybody Gets a Trophy) podcast. It's free.

Hook'em 

38 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I'm gonna give Scipio the money, but I couldn't imagine sitting down and reading a college football preview knowing there probably won't be college football.

Yeah, this is where I’m at. It’s always a good product and I want to support it, but I’ll have trouble giving a single shit about reading it anytime soon. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, horngasm2020 said:

do boomers really pay to read someone's opinions? there is this cool thing called the internet where you can read many people's opinions and for free.

There's a really cool thing called message boards where people say stupid things and for free.

• Like 1

On 7/18/2020 at 11:28 AM, blacklab said:

Paul Waddington aka Scipio on the various longhorn internets has released his 2020 copy of Thinking Texas Football.  Scipio is a good dude and deserves our support.  From Scipio:   The 8th annual 2020 Longhorn Football Prospectus: Thinking Texas Football is here.   You can grab the Amazon print (magazine sized hard copy paperback) or Smashwords (digital edition, downloads instantly to all platforms: KindleiPad, your computer - do EPUB).

If you want to help a brother out:

1. Buy it. Smash it. Or get the print version. It’s also a terrific gift.
2. Rate & Review. It’s critical to the publication’s success. Five stars and a few informative words about what you liked is vital in convincing prospective readers to jump in.
3. Spread the word. Spread it to your network. You may assume people know about it. They don't. Put up a post. Share on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or with your local Texas-Exes chapter. Word of mouth is the book’s lifeblood.

Finally, I want to thank Lognhorn Scott for his excellent design work. Will Gallagher supplied the photos. If you appreciate the visual arts, or just want some kickass man cave decor, check out Gallagher studios and let him know where you heard about him.  

Thanks for reading and rec'ing.

Everyone Gets a Trophy  Podcast« »

"The Ultimate Texas & Big 12 Football Preview is here"   (13 days ago 1:00:27)

https://player.fm/series/everyone-gets-a-trophy/the-ultimate-texas-big-12-football-preview-is-here

Paul (Scipio Tex) & Kevin talk country lane courtesy waves, proper honking, grocery store parking, and shopping cart returns as a marker for basic human decency. Then Kevin congratulates Paul on giving birth to his 53,000 word baby - the 2020 Longhorn Football Prospectus: Thinking Texas Football. They talk about what's in the preview, the philosophy behind writing something deeper than the typical preseason fare, and the the blocking and tackling of indy book publishing. Grab a copy for the best and most comprehensive analysis of the Longhorns, the state of the program, a thorough breakdown of opponents, recruiting, and the entire Big 12. Then go tell others! Finally, a little NFL talk: Pat Mahomes just got paid. What does that mean to prioritizing team building with a salary cap?

Edited by LTtxfan