Fox News Sunday - Chris Wallace Interviews Donald Trump 7/19

immamac

9 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I think we should rename Fort Hood "Fort Jesus."   Wrap up the Christian and the Hispanic vote with one renaming. 

So I am no military expert but would it be that bad to re name some of the bases after Generals or soldiers like Bradley, Patton, Eisenhower just to name some from WW2.  There may already be bases named after those people but there has to be plenty of soldiers, both black and white, that are more important than Robert E Lee or Bragg.  Fort Dix can stay because that one makes me laugh.

Edited by Beantown Express 2.0

31 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

Donald Trump: “I’m reading stuff!  I’m doin’ stuff!” 

Republicans, beaming proudly: “Trump is totally killing it!  We have to find a way to keep this guy President for life.” 

This. I doubt the majority of Fox viewers saw this interview as a poor performance by Trump. There was so much BS spewed by Trump most of it was left unchallenged by Wallace.

38 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Put me firmly in the “Trump wants to lose” camp. He has no desire to do this job for another 4 years. He wants to start his own competing network. So this helps in two ways: 1) it turns even more people off and convinces them to vote for Biden, and 2) he claims Fox News has gone to shit. So he loses the election, claims it was rigged, then starts his own network where he can really cash in. 

It’s gonna be difficult running a tv network out of a Russian embassy. 

7 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

would it be that bad to re name some of the bases after Generals or soldiers like Bradley, Patton, Eisenhower just to name some from WW2.

First 3 names that popped into my mind. Puller would be another.

7 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

Ahh yes. 
Trump ‘2 weeks’ = never

Good point. He won’t allow anyone to follow up on that point. Perhaps a question will get to the press secretary who will say he didn’t precisely mean 2 weeks and follow it up with the media is fake and unfair and should be placed in a gitmo prison.

34 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

To be fair, was it a picture of an elephant in the wild or a cartoon elephant ?

it does make a huge difference !

Maybe is was one of those Captcha things, you have to pick which squares have an elephant, but the trunk, ears, legs, and all sticks into almost all the squares a little bit.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

The President is a fucking moron, chapter 62,829

I like how the Commander-in-Chief still refers to them as "all of these forts."  Is he fucking 9 years old?  He's been in enough meetings with enough Brass that he should have picked up on the fact that when you're referring to multiple military installations, you don't say, "All these Forts", you can refer to an installation by it's name like Fort Bragg or Camp Pendleton or Fort Hood, but collectively, they're referred to as bases.  Not "camps" or "forts" or "depots."    You don't tell the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs to "Put all our forts on high alert."  

Barron plays in Forts.  These places to which you refer, are called "Bases" in the collective.  Fucking moron.  How can you sit in 4 years of defense meetings and not pick up on that? 

Probably refers to Airmen as Sky Soldiers.  Army as Troops, Sailors as Sea Soldiers, probably gets Marines right since the one thing he studied while saddled with bone spurs was how to avoid, and not piss off, the Corps.  

7 minutes ago, F250 said:

This. I doubt the majority of Fox viewers saw this interview as a poor performance by Trump. There was so much BS spewed by Trump most of it was left unchallenged by Wallace.

And that’s always been his backwards ass in into everything.

Everything that comes out of his mouth is bullshit, Everything.  So when you start asking for explanations and clarity, you get more lies and more bullshit.

So most people either get caught up in chasing 1 or 2 of his bullshit lies, while another 200 bullshit lies just slide on by.

Or, they just get fatigued with the unending nonsense and just shake their head and let him get away with all the bullshit lies.

You have to stay on top of him and keep calling him out constantly, because he is an absolute machine like bullshit factory.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Pass? He got 35 out of 35 correct!  I would like to see you do that goodly on it.  Stable genius he is.  

By the way I bet he missed at least 5 and they were afraid to tell him that so they told him he got a 100.  They probably put a gold star on his forehead when he left the room.

Absolutely. First I believe he said he passed it, which raised eyebrows because, well yeah. So then he upgraded it to aced. The fact that he refers to 5 of the questions as hard means you know for a fact he missed them. His excuse for missing them was that it was very hard. 

6 minutes ago, pantone159 said:

Maybe is was one of those Captcha things, you have to pick which squares have an elephant, but the trunk, ears, legs, and all sticks into almost all the squares a little bit.

We all know those can be very tricky !!!!

have to root out those robots 

24 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Pass? He got 35 out of 35 correct!  I would like to see you do that goodly on it.  Stable genius he is.  

By the way I bet he missed at least 5 and they were afraid to tell him that so they told him he got a 100.  They probably put a gold star on his forehead when he left the room.

At this point I don’t know why Biden doesn’t take the damn test live for folks to watch. Of course Trump would then say he was coached. On the same note, he should do an interview with Wallace on Fox News. Anything you can do, I can do better time motherfucker. 

• Like 1

At this point I don’t know why Biden doesn’t take the damn test live for folks to watch. Of course Trump would then say he was coached. On the same note, he should do an interview with Wallace on Fox News. Anything you can do, I can do better time motherfucker. 

His time would be better spent just playing this interview.

2 minutes ago, SameSame said:

You have to stay on top of him and keep calling him out constantly, because he is an absolute machine like bullshit factory.

This is similar to those who criticize Dr. Fauci for walking a fine line in order to stay on post and do the most good he can.  Chris Wallace wants that interview to go the length.  He knows that he has to be careful in terms of how far he pushes back on any one particular lie, because if he goes too far, Trump will simply get up and walk out.  It's not an easy job to finesse Trump.  I thought he did admirable work.

• Like 7

50 minutes ago, TornACL said:

Can you imagine the level of personal insecurity one must have in order to strut around like a peacock after passing a *cognitive test*

Especially when you consider the test is the equivalent of a fight doctor asking a boxer what day of the week it is after getting his bell rung.

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

At this point I don’t know why Biden doesn’t take the damn test live for folks to watch. 

Nah, that's playing into Trump's hands.  One mistake and it would be campaign fodder through October.  Trump gets to claim he scored 35 out of 35, and anything less than perfect would hurt Biden.  Even 35 out of 35 wouldn't help him.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Benavidez

Holy fuck this guy was a badass

Mind you this was his 2nd tour of duty in Vietnam. His first tour of duty ended with a land mine leaving him fully paralyzed, unable to walk ever again.::

After the battle, he was evacuated to the base camp, examined, and thought to be dead. As he was placed in a body bag among the other dead in body bags, he was suddenly recognized by a friend who called for help. A doctor came and examined him but believed Benavidez was dead. The doctor was about to zip up the body bag when Benavidez managed to spit in his face, alerting the doctor that he was alive. Benavidez had a total of 37 separate bullet, bayonet, and shrapnel wounds from the six-hour fight with the enemy battalion.

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Mind you this was his 2nd tour of duty in Vietnam. His first tour of duty ended with a land mine leaving him fully paralyzed, unable to walk ever again.::

After the battle, he was evacuated to the base camp, examined, and thought to be dead. As he was placed in a body bag among the other dead in body bags, he was suddenly recognized by a friend who called for help. A doctor came and examined him but believed Benavidez was dead. The doctor was about to zip up the body bag when Benavidez managed to spit in his face, alerting the doctor that he was alive. Benavidez had a total of 37 separate bullet, bayonet, and shrapnel wounds from the six-hour fight with the enemy battalion.

As You Wish Cary Elwes GIF by Disney+

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

This is similar to those who criticize Dr. Fauci for walking a fine line in order to stay on post and do the most good he can.  Chris Wallace wants that interview to go the length.  He knows that he has to be careful in terms of how far he pushes back on any one particular lie, because if he goes too far, Trump will simply get up and walk out.  It's not an easy job to finesse Trump.  I thought he did admirable work.

Great point. It’s easy to attack a leader to their face if you’re ok with it being your last interview with them.

in another example of this, I’ve watched cnn re-use the same  contributing interviewer almost every time they interview mark zuckerberg. She adds 1-2 tough questions for every 10 softball questions. Annoying but it’s probably the only way to get him on camera. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

Now that's where I'll criticize Wallace -- he should have been prepared with information on several ways of measuring mortality loosely grouped under "mortality rate". (There are many per capitas, you know).  He should have had charts ready for raw deaths per country, deaths per 100K citizens per country.  A reporter will at best get one chance to push back and rein in Trump.  He whiffed on that one, in part because he didn't define his terms.

And had Wallace clapped back with that info, Jimmy, Trump's response would have changed....not one bit. "Fake news, fake polls, many per capitas," etc. 

I agree with you in theory, but I also suspect that Wallace knows the only way he'll get through an entire interview without Trump walking out is to give him an out or two that they can easily debunk in post-production.

But yeah, it would've been great to see him make dotard squirm and sweat--even more than he was. Holy Nixon v. JFK debate, Batman.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Wasn't Beautiful World Wars the 3rd album by The Smiths? Or was it The Cure?

🙄

No, you're thinking of the B-Side to "Beds are Burning" by Midnight Oil.  

Sadly, Chris Wallace is already receiving death threats online.  So that's a good sign for Democracy, no?  

Also, who didn't see this coming that the week his niece claims he cheated on the SAT's, Trump has to obnoxiously re-establish his intellectual prowess with this Wunderlich test bullshit.  I wish he'd worry more about Covid-19 testing than this useless testing.  None of your base really gives that much of a shit about your cognitive ability, your polls have shown that.  I mean, I guess it's better that they think of you as a stable genius, but they could find out you suck at the SAT's and you flunked the Wunderlich and it wouldn't matter to them, they'd just believe those tests are biased bullshit and move on.  

My final question to him this week would be "You keep mentioning your niece violated an NDA with this book.  You do realize that 99% of the time a niece and an uncle engage in an NDA, it's because he molested her, right?"  

1 hour ago, Jack Straw said:

Donald Trump: “I’m reading stuff!  I’m doin’ stuff!” 

Republicans, beaming proudly: “Trump is totally killing it!  We have to find a way to keep this guy President for life.” 

He truly is Fredo.

fredo-the-godfather-2-im-smart-not-dumb.

Edited by Biff Tannen
way late to this party apparently, but I'm keeping it, because it deserves to be mentioned again
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Since this went so poorly for him, I've got to figure there's gonna be a follow up interview not with Hannity or Carlson, but someone at OAN, and Trump will brag about it endlessly.

Nah, he'll go on live with Hannity and have Hannity fail the cognitive test for everyone to see.

So I am no military expert but would it be that bad to re name some of the bases after Generals or soldiers like Bradley, Patton, Eisenhower just to name some from WW2.  There may already be bases named after those people but there has to be plenty of soldiers, both black and white, that are more important than Robert E Lee or Bragg.  Fort Dix can stay because that one makes me laugh.

Bertoldo.

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

Holy shit.  Sounds like Elias from Platoon except he lived.

11 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Sadly, Chris Wallace is already receiving death threats online.  So that's a good sign for Democracy, no?  

Sigh. America is overrun with spoiled toddler-men unable to process reality without lashing out in a violent tantrum. Their broken brains are deeply invested in a fantasy in which an objectively corrupt, immoral, unathletic, unintelligent charlatan has been cast as some kind of Superman / messiah figure. But the delusion is fragile. And deep down, they know it is all a lie. They know, should even a single trickle of truth be permitted to breach the dam, the whole thing will collapse and their cherished little internal land of make believe will be flooded under a torrent of inconvenient facts. They would have to face the truth, and admit to themselves that their internal model of the universe was a fundamentally fucked up lie and that they are capable of choosing to comprehensively misunderstand the world they live in.

That’s a very difficult thing for a brain to accept. So facts must be destroyed and their messengers silenced. The lie must live on. 

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Well in all fairness.... we did win them.. that was Beauty-ful.

Maybe that is what he meant but in reality nothing about war is beautiful. The Commander and Chief has the power to wage war and should be more thoughtful when discussing it.

"An aggressive war is the great crime against everything good in the world. A defensive war, which must necessarily turn aggressive at the earliest moment is the great counter crime….We never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified is not a crime. Ask the infantry and the dead." - Hemingway

• Like 2