Tax question: relocation allowance and expenses

I have recently moved for work, and my company doesn't pay for movers or real estate agents or such.  They give you a lump sum and say, "Figure it out."  (I very much like that.)

So the payment came and they withheld income taxes.  Is that taxable?  Will I get it back when I file income taxes.

I moved myself, and my expenses were mostly gas, trailer rent and road food.  I assume that and any other relocation expenses are deductible?

Moving expense deduction is no more (Trump tax law change) unless you are active military with a base change. The payment to you is taxable and should be in your W-2. If they would have paid the expenses directly, they may have not been income to you and may have been deductible by them in certain circumstance.

9 hours ago, Parliament said:

I have recently moved for work, and my company doesn't pay for movers or real estate agents or such.  They give you a lump sum and say, "Figure it out."  (I very much like that.)

So the payment came and they withheld income taxes.  Is that taxable?  Will I get it back when I file income taxes.

I moved myself, and my expenses were mostly gas, trailer rent and road food.  I assume that and any other relocation expenses are deductible?

So how is the North Pole this time of year?  Have you heard about the winters?