attempt to assassinate a federal judge?

Gil Bang

56 minutes ago, F250 said:

This was the judge that sent one of the "New Jersey Housewives" and her husband to prison and then had the husband deported back to Italy.

deported back to italy eh? could be the best or worst thing to happy to this guy. just depends on the fucking month 

in 2020

lulz

Maybe the intention was not to kill her, but rather to "send a message."  She'll obviously have to recuse herself now from any cases she has and turn it over to a magistrate while she undergoes grief counseling, etc.  And that's understandable.  I have a hard time believing a cartel operator would have "missed" the basement and left her alive on accident, knowing it probably meant his own life when he exits the premises. 

One of the most densely populated parts of the country, $50 says the traffic cameras and building security cameras conveniently can't trace the FedEx truck back to the start of its route that day.  

54 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Maybe the intention was not to kill her, but rather to "send a message."  She'll obviously have to recuse herself now from any cases she has and turn it over to a magistrate while she undergoes grief counseling, etc.  And that's understandable.  I have a hard time believing a cartel operator would have "missed" the basement and left her alive on accident, knowing it probably meant his own life when he exits the premises. 

One of the most densely populated parts of the country, $50 says the traffic cameras and building security cameras conveniently can't trace the FedEx truck back to the start of its route that day.  

Dressed as a driver doesn't mean he was driving a FedEx delivery truck.

Even better.  Look at traffic and building cams for a guy in a FedEx uniform in a Mitsubishi.  Should stick out even more on cameras.  

Oh look at this fun connection 

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/19/business/deutsche-bank-money-laundering-trump.html

Federal authorities are investigating whether Deutsche Bank complied with laws meant to stop money laundering and other crimes, the latest government examination of potential misconduct at one of the world’s largest and most troubled banks, according to seven people familiar with the inquiry.

The investigation includes a review of Deutsche Bank’s handling of so-called suspicious activity reports that its employees prepared about possibly problematic transactions, including some linked to President Trump’s son-in-law and senior adviser, Jared Kushner, according to people close to the bank and others familiar with the matter.

The criminal investigation into Deutsche Bank is one element of several separate but overlapping government examinations into how illicit funds flow through the American financial system, said five of the people, who were not authorized to speak publicly about the inquiries. Several other banks are also being investigated.

The F.B.I. recently contacted the lawyer for a Deutsche Bank whistle-blower, Tammy McFadden, who publicly criticized the company’s anti-money-laundering systems, according to the lawyer, Brian McCafferty.

Russian hitman?

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Even better.  Look at traffic and building cams for a guy in a FedEx uniform in a Mitsubishi.  Should stick out even more on cameras.  

I'm not sure why you think there's going to be tons of traffic and building cameras in the middle of the suburbs.  Especially traffic cameras that take pictures close enough inside every car to see who's dressed in a FedEx uniform.

1 hour ago, stone oak said:

those mean evil people on the wrong side of the political spectrum

It's admittedly conspiratorial thinking, but neither brought up anything about politics. Epstein was connected to whole lot of powerful and rich people. Take it to the CR and stop bringing up politics over here.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bolverk said:

It's admittedly conspiratorial thinking, but neither brought up anything about politics. Epstein was connected to whole lot of powerful and rich people. Take it to the CR and stop bringing up politics over here.

And, let's be clear -- Federal judges have HUNDREDS of cases on their dockets.  You can find something politically juicy for most any of them, particularly in NY or DC.  It's the nature of the biz.  But, the folks most likely to try to kill a judge remain drug cases, cases involving deeply personal disputes/vendettas, that sort of thing.

I'll wait and see what shakes out here.  But if the DOJ half-asses the investigation, that will tell us something all by itself.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

And, let's be clear -- Federal judges have HUNDREDS of cases on their dockets.  You can find something politically juicy for most any of them, particularly in NY or DC.  It's the nature of the biz.  But, the folks most likely to try to kill a judge remain drug cases, cases involving deeply personal disputes/vendettas, that sort of thing.

I'll wait and see what shakes out here.  But if the DOJ half-asses the investigation, that will tell us something all by itself.

Yeah it could be any number of things. I would think it would be most likely connected to a sentence she already handed out. A week seems a tight timeframe for DB actors to go ahead and kill her family. You figure they would be able to bribe her or lawyer up or threaten her without resorting to shooting her house up.

20 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The assumption that the judge was the target is misguided to me. Yes, investigate that. But, why exclude the husband as the target? He is a criminal defense attorney. They sometimes play in dangerous waters.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

The assumption that the judge was the target is misguided to me. Yes, investigate that. But, why exclude the husband as the target? He is a criminal defense attorney. They sometimes play in dangerous waters.

Or the son who could have been playing with OPP.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

What about the 20 yr old son? After all, he was the one who was KILLED. Maybe he was wrapped up in something

9 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

this. Her husband is who I would start with. 

To me, it’s clear that whoever paid for this felt confident that’s there wasn’t a direct white line back to them. Her high profile cases might have been the cover that made “them” feel confident in making a big move like this.