DKR planning for 50% capacity for the fall

hornbri

likely see them canceling concessions, or going with the vendor walking the crowd cashless only.  pissers properly man spaced meaning plastic bags wrapped on urinals, which will make for long lines at half time.  its possible, im sure sept 5th in the sun with a mask on will be enjoyable in the sun 

Sadly, we said we aren't attending games, and are getting a refund.  It's a lot of money to park with the Longhorn Foundation not knowing where our seats will be for any given game and if we'll even have a full season.  And with the possibility of limited or no tailgating or concessions, we're fine just watching whatever games are played on TV.

Ohio State is limiting football fan occupancy to 20%.   Hmmm.
Banning tailgating too (sort of implied when discussing capacity limits but still).

Honestly I see zero appeal in attending games. He'll it was a pretty meh outlook just looking at the home schedule pre covid.

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

This seems very un-CDC like to roll out a big announcement like that without having all the various stakeholders already looped in and standing next to him.  Either that, or Austin and the Travis County Commissioners were verbally on board and wanted to let CDC float the trial balloon announcement so they could come out later and be "surprised."

55 minutes ago, utee94 said:

A ship is good.

Or, a compound in the Rockies for the survivors.  That one always works...

Denver International Airport has a bunker, from what I was told by a dude that once worked at Baskin-Robbins..?!

1 hour ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

This seems very un-CDC like to roll out a big announcement like that without having all the various stakeholders already looped in and standing next to him.  Either that, or Austin and the Travis County Commissioners were verbally on board and wanted to let CDC float the trial balloon announcement so they could come out later and be "surprised."

I'm guessing CDC was on the phone to UT's own infectious disease folks.

I still think it's a stretch - 25% or 30% capacity seemed more logical.

It's not even college football without tailgating or fans at the game, just another shitty stale bud light commercial like the No Fun League. 

Either cancel the season or push it until the panic is over, playing in empty stadiums is a joke. So is every digital fake fan attempt.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

Key phrase to me is 'right now'. I take that to mean 1 week to a month from now. A lot can change by late September/early October. And it's not like they can't change, if needed.

4 hours ago, TexasGary said:

I just can't understand why anyone wouldn't want to go see this schedule:

SOUTH FLORIDA
UTEP
WEST VIRGINIA
BAYLOR
TCU
IOWA STATE

We could be in the SEC and see Lamar, Prairie View, Vanderbilt, South Carolina, UTSA, Nicholls State, Sam Houston, and LSU. Whoop!

Kevin Eltife, Chairman of the UT System Board of Regents, has requested that the university continue to review its policies and specifically explore the logistics, health and safety effects of crowds at 25% of capacity (including students).

[url= https://president.utexas.edu/messages-speeches-2020/fall-2020-planning-update-july-29[/url]

They won't make it through 10 games without a lot of players and coaches getting sick. They can have fans, i won't be one. Hell, I got sick from work, thats wearing a mask, washing my hands and staying away from people. Chasing money brings the delusion. 

It's super way down the list of important effects, but the conference-only schedule model is going to screw with computer ratings and models pretty severely. The computer ratings and models at the end of a conference-only regular season will necessarily have to include data on conference strength from previous seasons in order to rate teams from different conferences against each other.

22 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

It's super way down the list of important effects, but the conference-only schedule model is going to screw with computer ratings and models pretty severely. The computer ratings and models at the end of a conference-only regular season will necessarily have to include data on conference strength from previous seasons in order to rate teams from different conferences against each other.

Interesting thought, you're right of course.  No way to connect or correlate the data between the independent conference-pods.

I don't think it'll ever become relevant though, because I don't think we'll end up having a season.  At least not in the Fall.