DKR planning for 50% capacity for the fall

hornbri

42 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

It's super way down the list of important effects, but the conference-only schedule model is going to screw with computer ratings and models pretty severely. The computer ratings and models at the end of a conference-only regular season will necessarily have to include data on conference strength from previous seasons in order to rate teams from different conferences against each other.

If ever we needed a larger playoff (and I think we do anyway), this would be the year to get it.

Edited by LonghornSean
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Doesn't UFC have their fights on an island in the Middle East to avoid restrictions? It is time for Texas Football to do the same. Azadi Stadium in Tehran seats 76K people. Let's do this. 
We can follow the aggy model. Scrimmage ourselves every week. 13-0 national champs. Put that bitch up on the stadium.
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Bevo VIII said:

Why do the colleges/nfl/ncaa even fathom that fans in attendance will be feasible? Just go ahead and announce no fans in the stands and start preparing protocols and etc so the season could possibly still happen.

Imagine a world where it’s better to lie about fan attendance to get some season ticket and other money rolling in, so you have it in hand when you go back and say no fans but ask that you keep the money as a donation. How cynical would that be?

• Hook 'Em 3

Imagine a world where it’s better to lie about fan attendance to get some season ticket and other money rolling in, so you have it in hand when you go back and say no fans but ask that you keep the money as a donation. How cynical would that be?
Don't have to imagine shit
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

1 hour ago, gmr548 said:
1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Don't have to imagine shit

Yup-- IT'S HAPPENING!!!

How do you all interpret tailgating paragraph of the big list of safety measures?  Are they really saying just one tent per tailgate allowed?  And no way each group can be 40ft apart.  And what is the current local policy...no groups bigger than 10?

Tailgating

All guests partaking in tailgating activities must adhere to local and state COVID-19 safety requirements in place at the time of the tailgate, including but not limited to face coverings, social distancing and number of attendees. Tents may not exceed 10’x10’ and must be a minimum of 40 feet from the next tailgate setup. No tents or tailgate set ups are allowed prior to 7 a.m. on gameday. No overnight tailgating or camping is permitted.

53 minutes ago, PantsTent said:

How do you all interpret tailgating paragraph of the big list of safety measures?  Are they really saying just one tent per tailgate allowed?  And no way each group can be 40ft apart.  And what is the current local policy...no groups bigger than 10?

Tailgating

All guests partaking in tailgating activities must adhere to local and state COVID-19 safety requirements in place at the time of the tailgate, including but not limited to face coverings, social distancing and number of attendees. Tents may not exceed 10’x10’ and must be a minimum of 40 feet from the next tailgate setup. No tents or tailgate set ups are allowed prior to 7 a.m. on gameday. No overnight tailgating or camping is permitted.

I do read it as one tent per tailgate. More than that, I read it as a discouragement of tailgating at all.

• Like 1

Longhorn Band is getting woke.  Drum Major refuses to conduct "The Eyes."  Many LHB members will also refuse to play the song.  Also, no on field performances by the LHB due to "social distancing."  Sounds like a real shit show is shaping up for this fall.  

image.thumb.png.bdb2e62d92583d9b783f7891bf7dca11.png

https://uttsm.wpengine.com/?page_id=160&fbclid=IwAR3THjS-4oWdDUax2mBSCCS7B0WSsedLaU_KhA9TAOemoHU1lnO9n1J3r_k#6

Edited by DalTxHornFan

If they are waiting for something that unites everyone, they are going to have a lifetime of waiting. 

I loved going to games to just forget about politics, work, projects around the house, etc. If it's not an escape for me anymore, then I'll find something else I can do for a lot less than $1400 a pop.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, DalTxHornFan said:

Longhorn Band is getting woke.  Drum Major refuses to conduct "The Eyes."  Many LHB members will also refuse to play the song.  Also, no on field performances by the LHB due to "social distancing."  Sounds like a real shit show is shaping up for this fall.  

https://uttsm.wpengine.com/?page_id=160&fbclid=IwAR3THjS-4oWdDUax2mBSCCS7B0WSsedLaU_KhA9TAOemoHU1lnO9n1J3r_k#6

I hope that interview was done and article written before the players and administration came together on their plan.

Otherwise, they need to find a new drum major.

And if you are in LHB and won't play The Eyes, you shouldn't be in LHB.  What is the point of having a band if they refuse to play the school song?  When I was in LHB 20+ years ago, there were more people interested in playing than they had spots.  Not everyone made it.  I'm sure if people don't want to play, there are 3 more people willing to take their spot.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

Well I had my call with the foundation today. I’m going to opt out as I like many of you don’t see a real season happening this Fall. Curious for anyone else that was not going to opt out of they ended up reassigning their seats and how it compares.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, MirrOlure said:

Fuck 'em.  We'll pipe it in.  Buncha goddamn dorks anyway.

The current LHB director has been playing it way too uptempo lately anyway.  Play a recording from the great LHB days under the direction of Vincent R. DiNino during the DKR era.  That should also help the current era snowflakes with their social distancing.  Win-win.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

nobody should be blowing a horn around people right now anyway. 
I'm not sure your mom got the memo
Well I had my call with the foundation today. I’m going to opt out as I like many of you don’t see a real season happening this Fall. Curious for anyone else that was not going to opt out of they ended up reassigning their seats and how it compares.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How pushy were they?

The current LHB director has been playing it way too uptempo lately anyway.  Play a recording from the great LHB days under the direction of Vincent R. DiNino during the DKR era.  That should also help the current era snowflakes with their social distancing.  Win-win.

Lol at a grown ass man calling anyone a snowflake as he complains about the performance of a college marching band

But they’re worried about pissing off band alum who donate for scholarships! Welcome to the real world, buttercup.
  • Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, Steel Shank said:

But they’re worried about pissing off band alum who donate for scholarships! Welcome to the real world, buttercup.

I am reaching out to LHB.

I am going to offer a scholarship donation because they are refusing to play the Eyes of Texas. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

7 hours ago, Steel Shank said:

Actually the alumni for LHB are pretty cleanly split 50/50 on the issue. It caused a bit of a rift in the alumni band since even the officers were divided on the issue.

Turns out, old alums generally want students to shut up and play and more recent alums of LHB (yo) kind of don't give a shit since we're cool with the students making the band their own and reflective of the values they want to see.

And I agree with @DalTxHornFan - the current director of bands Scott Hanna is the fucking worst. He conducts shit at weird tempos, fills the books in the stands with all sorts of shitty tags and never plays any traditionals besides Grandioso.

They should just let the LHB vote on what song they want to play as the alma mater every year.  I don't know what you do though when the band's alma mater is different from the football team's alma mater.  Will the band only play their alma mater and refuse to play the football team's alma mater?  What if the football team refuses to play unless the band plays their alma mater and the band refuses to play unless they only have to play their alma mater?  Maybe we should just not have an alma mater and just play the Taco Bell gong real loud a lot.

Edited by NeverMarryAStripper

8 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

They should just let the LHB vote on what song they want to play as the alma mater every year.  I don't know what you do though when the band's alma mater is different from the football team's alma mater.  Will the band only play their alma mater and refuse to play the football team's alma mater?  What if the football team refuses to play unless the band plays their alma mater and the band refuses to play unless they only have to play their alma mater?  Maybe we should just not have an alma mater and just play the Taco Bell gong real loud a lot.

We still have an alma mater?  I though that they replaced it with Zombie Nation years and years ago.

11 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Well the new adzillatron is much smaller so we need the band to supplement the GONG sound.