Alone

futureman

35 minutes ago, futureman said:

I’m out here, with a great shelter, catching fish, and doing pretty well, living out here.  there’s only one thing I need... and that’s barbara. 

undefeated

• Haha 1

season 2, episode 9.  

of the five left I can’t figure out who’s gonna win.  probably the spaniard?  larry is a fucking psycho and probably beats his wife and I would hate to see him pull it off.  david seems like a decent guy but he can’t catch fish.  justin’s awkward as hell and could pull it off, I guess, but I don’t know what the hell he’s eating; I don’t remember any of his footage showing him with a fish or anything else, just him being a fucking weirdo.  nicole seems to be cruising but when I watched season 6 woniya mentioned something about a woman finally winning so I assume nicole taps out.  the spaniard is easily the most talented of the remaining people and I want to say he’ll do it but he’s spent like two weeks making a kayak instead of eating.  and the kayak looks amazing but doesn’t seem to be very stable, which sucks.

I’ve been really thinking about ways to cheat this show... so I assume they thoroughly check for anything hidden on your person before you are dropped in the bush.  but let’s say you ingest a GPS tracking device that stays with you for a day or two before you pass it.  you have a support team stationed a fair distance away with a crate full of high density rations and access to a helicopter and/or plane.  after you have been dropped off, on the first night of the competition, while that GPS tracker is still in your bowel, they determine your exact location and do a flyover around 2am and drop the crate attached to a parachute onto your beach.  you put the crate in a secure spot under a cover of brush and make sure it never, ever enters the lens of any camera you have with you.  then you just play along and act like you’re scavenging for roots and mushrooms and struggling to fish all the while you are getting 2,000 calories a day and dominating your competition.  also off camera, you dig a huge hole and make sure to bury any and all evidence that shows you cheated.  then, after vanquishing your foes, you collect the prize money and spend your days sitting on a beach, earning 20%... 

• Like 1

On 7/30/2020 at 7:58 AM, futureman said:

I’ve been really thinking about ways to cheat this show... so I assume they thoroughly check for anything hidden on your person before you are dropped in the bush.  but let’s say you ingest a GPS tracking device that stays with you for a day or two before you pass it.  you have a support team stationed a fair distance away with a crate full of high density rations and access to a helicopter and/or plane.  after you have been dropped off, on the first night of the competition, while that GPS tracker is still in your bowel, they determine your exact location and do a flyover around 2am and drop the crate attached to a parachute onto your beach.  you put the crate in a secure spot under a cover of brush and make sure it never, ever enters the lens of any camera you have with you.  then you just play along and act like you’re scavenging for roots and mushrooms and struggling to fish all the while you are getting 2,000 calories a day and dominating your competition.  also off camera, you dig a huge hole and make sure to bury any and all evidence that shows you cheated.  then, after vanquishing your foes, you collect the prize money and spend your days sitting on a beach, earning 20%... 

Bonus strategy, Barbara parachutes in with the supplies.  Though you'd have to hide her when the crew comes to tell you you've won.

7 hours ago, futureman said:

so I’ve finished seasons 6, 1, and 2.  which should I watch next?  

It's kind of hard to say w/o giving reasons/spoilers.

I liked 4 because, IIRC, that's the one with pairs.  I also liked 5 (I think that was Mongolia) because of who won.

• Hook 'Em 1

[mention=430]futureman[/mention]

BTW, Mongolia (Season 5) consisted of returning players.  So, you might want to watch whatever you've skipped between 1 and 4 before tuning into 5.

Didn’t the contestants from season 4(which I skipped) that are in Mongolia only last like 6 days combined.? I don’t think you Need to watch s4 to watch s5. I’ll get back to 4 but I watched 1-2-3 and wasn’t ready for another Vancouver island

Mongolia so far is interesting to say the least

4 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Didn’t the contestants from season 4(which I skipped) that are in Mongolia only last like 6 days combined.? I don’t think you Need to watch s4 to watch s5. I’ll get back to 4 but I watched 1-2-3 and wasn’t ready for another Vancouver island

Mongolia so far is interesting to say the least

You may be right.  I was looking at it from the standpoint that, in watching 5 first, you'd be spoilered by knowing four that wouldn't have won season 4.  Am I making sense?  It's 4AM.

5 hours ago, kevwun said:

Watching season 1 now and half the people didn't make it a week.  The cop was scared shitless that he was going to be eaten by something.

That was crazy.  When he got there, he compared his job to living in the wilderness because he has to work with "wild animals" all the time.  Then he saw some bears or heard some wolves or whatever and immediately called for rescue because he was terrified and didn't have his sidearm.

I think there was another guy that season that said he felt naked without his guns, and he tapped out after a night or two of hearing wolves growling and howling.

I'm not going to judge, as I'd probably shit my pants if I heard wolves howling near my camp all night, but I also don't think I'm Billy Badass.

I was deer hunting in a blind one evening and I had unknowingly parked the 4 wheeler by a coyote den.  It's unnerving as hell walking by all that howling in the dark, and I was carrying a rifle.  I can't imagine being unarmed in the middle of nowhere with wolves howling.

3 hours ago, Chet Steadman said:

Just finished S6.  Solid show.  

If I had a year, I still wouldn’t be able to build a shelter half as nice as the one Woniya built.  

yeah she was definitely tough and talented.  jordan was just a force of nature out there, though.  field dressing that moose, killing the wolverine, making his own gill net and hacking through the ice to get it in the water.  guy was amazing. 

I just started watching it last night.  Season 6.  How many fucking survivor shows have people eating rodents or stupid shit (raw) only to get sick?   Guy from Lubbock had a Mike Leech style of speaking.  Wish he would have lasted.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

I just started watching it last night.  Season 6.  How many fucking survivor shows have people eating rodents or stupid shit (raw) only to get sick?   Guy from Lubbock had a Mike Leech style of speaking.  Wish he would have lasted.

yeah the muskrat and the bad fish roe were just bad bears.  most of what gets consumed in this series doesn’t fuck the contestants up too much. 

Callie looks so much like my college girlfriend that it's freaking me out.  I mean, absolute dead ringer.

Funny side story.  My team won a Tri-Delt 3-on-3 tourney.  One of the prizes was two free roller blade rentals from some place near campus.  Our first date was a roller blade date.  She was from California and used to roller blade to school; I hadn't put anything remotely similar on since 6th grade roller skate Friday night.  Anyway, she comes flying by me somewhere between Jester and Memorial Stadium.  For some reason, I tried to reach out and stop her.  I ended up clotheslining the shit out of her.  Think: Tony Brackens v. the Tech punter.  She bled all over the place.  Not my smoothest moment, but she forgave me and we dated for a couple of years.

15 hours ago, Not a cat said:

They had one of those popups saying that a mouse is 30 calories.  You waste more than that setting up the trap, checking it and skinning the damn thing.  Seems like a less than optimal strategy.

Tell that to 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQao_GMxXIj6C75oqsFBLl

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

The finale will be on the 20th.  My DirectTV will be gone on the 17th.  YouTubeTV doesn't have the History Channel.

yeah my bad.  I didn’t realize you were watching the newest season.  thought you were just plowing through old ones on the stream. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I feel like they are manipulating the outcome with the medical extractions. The person they just yanked was going strong and eating well, but they pulled the BMI card. I guess the point is if you don't start out obese you won't be seeing the end.

• Hook 'Em 1

10th episode of current season talk.  (This past Thursday's epidose.)

Spoiler

I'm so glad Amos tapped before his cabin burnt down.  I had paused the previews last week and knew that it was his cabin that went up in flames.  Glad because he left under his own will and not bad luck.  Curious as to how this will end.  Katelyn seems close to tapping.  The other two are having the times of their lives.  Hey T-bone!  

2 hours ago, Mac8111 said:

So where do I start season 1 ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 through 4 can be watched in any order.  Season 5 is made up of returning players, so you'll definitely want to watch that last.  

If you are able, though, watch them in order.  You'll liable to catch spoilers of previous seasons otherwise.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 hours ago, Not a cat said:

Just finished season 7. 

Really impressed w Callie, she was a tough chick.  Roland annoyed me from the very first episode.  I figured he'd be knocked out early, as most of the cocky big talkers tend to be.

Yeah.  But it sounds like Roland may already be living the "Alone" life back in Alaska.  This probably wasn't that big of a deal for him.  

• All of those on this show are impressive.  Well, except for the puss from TN.

• 2 months later...

ok.  Just watched Season 6 (Artic) on Netflix with the wife.  Really enjoyed it.  Fuck that looked brutal.  Some pretty good drama with fires and sickness.  

Noticed that 1 & 2 look to be on Prime for free (hopefully I saw that right). I may have to go ahead and splurge for Hulu soon anyways.