Can the police give out your information when you report crimes?

Bozo_Casanova

3 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

Why the shit does HEB have or need a security guard.  Mall no longer taking applications?

200.gif

Better question is why the Far West HEB needs a uniformed APD officer stationed there every day. I assume this is off-duty work paid for by HEB, but I never see it at the other locations I frequent.   

23 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Better question is why the Far West HEB needs a uniformed APD officer stationed there every day. I assume this is off-duty work paid for by HEB, but I never see it at the other locations I frequent.   

Gotta stop the beer runs

Seriously though, the amount of theft that happens at grocery stores is staggering

Edited by StruggleBus

39 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Maybe he just likes checking out the MILF action at that location?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Blotto said:

I’ve been told the Kosher Food prep area and the high concentration of Jewish customers to this store is why they have full time security

I’ve been told the Kosher Food prep area and the high concentration of Jewish customers to this store is why they have full time security

Yep...same reason there is some serious-ass security just around the corner at the JCC. Sadly, both are relatively high likelihood targets for violence/armed attack due to the presence of Jews. Helluva world we live in.

38 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

And can we get a comprehensive listing of the Austin HEB terminology.

Far West, Kosher HEB

Hancock, Yoga Pants HEB

Westlake/LW/BC, MILF HEB

Koenig, Forgotten HEB

etc?

The locals call the Far West HEB, “the Heeb”. (As in Hebrew).

The HEB at 2222/620 can definitely compete for MILF HEB with the Jester/Steiner/River Place crowd.

15 hours ago, sidis said:

that said, pretty fucking infuriating that any police would give out that info if they actually did. however, i think tornacl is probably correct in his assessment that we/bozo are probably not working with an accurate set of facts in this story.

Several years ago when my son & grandkids came home from school, the oldest boy found a loaded pistol just outside their patio door. Son went out to look and found a purse nearby, so he called the cops (he had no dog to shoot). Contents of the purse revealed the ID of the owner.

Cop came by a while later to take the gun & info.

Seems a former dingbat female neighbor, now homeless, had been stalking several families/homes on that street. A couple days later she knocked on the door to ask for her gun & purse. Son bitched her out for trespassing & endangering his kids, then told her to go talk to the cops.

The next day son called the reporting officer to inquire what transpired with the obviously mental case woman. Cop checked with some other uniforms and was told her gun was returned to her when she showed up at the station.

15 hours ago, StruggleBus said:

Gotta stop the beer runs

Seriously though, the amount of theft that happens at grocery stores is staggering

I used to manage grocery stores. You have no idea how much walks out the door. I've seen grown men try to do Animal House shoplifting stuffing their pants and shirt full of meat. Guys just walk into the storeroom "looking for the bathroom", walk out with empty water bottles and turn them in for a refund. People digging out of date milk out of the dumpster and want a refund. Caught one guy in his 30's that was huffing all our whipped cream. People are stupid and lazy. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Mueller: “Mueller HEB”

Man I miss going to that HEB. After I graduated and started my career, I lived in that area for a few years and it was always a nice spot to grab a beer and listen to some live music before getting groceries

Edited by Captainant

19 hours ago, Blotto said:

Back in the day when I was hired to be a cashier at HEB, we had to do some training classes. At one point, the instructor brought up the Far West HEB and said something like "Due to the heavy Jewish population in the area, do you know what this location has?" A student responded with "Really, REALLY low prices every day?"

Pretty sure he was fired. 

And if you're wondering, the correct answer was a kosher deli.

Edited by SquishMitten
  • Haha 2