Texas Rangers 2020

TeddyBearStallion

10 minutes ago, Greg Davis Apologist said:

Can someone explain to me why you shouldn’t intentionally walk the lead off batter in the bottom of the 10th? What does that run matter?

Depends on who's batting. But if it's a stronger hitter then yeah, seems like you would want to walk them. Unless you plan on tagging out the runner on 2nd.

• Like 1

Depends on who's batting. But if it's a stronger hitter then yeah, seems like you would want to walk them. Unless you plan on tagging out the runner on 2nd.

You’re right that the batter and on deck batter matter.

If I were sending a weak hitter to the plate, I’d bunt. I guess the defense would combat a successful sacrifice with two intentional walks.

The few games I’ve seen go extras this year haven’t used my strategy (that I read on this board and instantly agreed with) but I’m sure it’s been proven to work a different way.

10 minutes ago, Greg Davis Apologist said:

You’re right that the batter and on deck batter matter.

If I were sending a weak hitter to the plate, I’d bunt. I guess the defense would combat a successful sacrifice with two intentional walks.

The few games I’ve seen go extras this year haven’t used my strategy (that I read on this board and instantly agreed with) but I’m sure it’s been proven to work a different way.

I mean I kind of agree too, unless it's like the worst guy in their lineup. If Machado or Trout or whoever is leading off it seems like you would walk them to try and have the next batter hit into a double play - or at least force the runner out that started on 2nd. 

Baseball is so rooted in tradition, though. I mean the game has been around 150 years and we're JUST now seeing defenses on every team use cards to shift on each batter. 

11 minutes ago, Greg Davis Apologist said:

We’re fucking terrible and I should have my head examined for continuing to follow this team

Well yeah, then there's that. Unfortunately we aren't so shit pitiful to where they don't give us glimmers of hope. And we aren't yet a despondent, miserable enough fan base to not beleive that we can't scratch out a few wins in the playoffs. It's kind of like watching Texas football, come to think of it. This team made the WS 9 years ago.

God that was a rough series. Maybe we can get hot again in Seattle. 

• Like 1

Why does the error HAVE to be on Odor there? Is it considered a bad throw if it hits the dirt?

To me, Santana was more at fault. The play he was asked to make was easier than Odor's imo. 

But I never played baseball and maybe misunderstand how errors work.

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

starting pitching finally shit the bed, it was inevitable.  they are done. what a shitty team this is. Daniels should be fired.

I’m no defender of JD, but it’s pretty hard to put a team together with owners that are afraid to spend money.  But yes, he should be fired 

9 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

I’m no defender of JD, but it’s pretty hard to put a team together with owners that are afraid to spend money.  But yes, he should be fired 

Yeah. Trade Machado and Frazier* in that last series and I doubt we get swept.

Edited by ztejas